New achievment site, need testers!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: New achievment site, need testers!

Postby Thalia » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:54 am

Ya I'm having the same problem, when I typed in my friends name it worked fine. Well Aergis will hopefully get this solved with some help.
Thalia

Postby Arees » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:46 am

Found another bug.

On the suggestions tab, it says I should get 25 tabards because I currently have 22. So I decided to click on it and see if there were any tabards I could easily get. However, I was disappointed when I click on it and was told there isn't a guide and how I could submit one.

Okay... so I decide to start browsing through the achievements from the left side. For some reason (I still don't know why I did this), I clicked on the 25 tabards achievement again, and guess what... there IS a guide for it =D

Then I noticed its like that for all the ones under the suggested tab. Clicking them does not take you to the guide.
Arees

Postby Thalia » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:48 am

Ya I told Aergis about this, he's been so busy but hes getting to it =) TY
Thalia

Postby Arees » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:34 am

I'm getting all sorts of errors displayed at the top of the site... Here is one such error

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/tehfailsafe/cache/http%3a%2f%2fwww.wowarmory.com%2fcharacter-achievements.xml%3fr%3dravencrest%26n%3darees%26c%3d92) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/overachiever/warcraftoverachiever.com/wp-content/themes/overAchiever/curl.php on line 41

Several of them show, but then disappear once the page loads and I don't have time to copy/paste it.

*edit*
Also I keep getting internal server errors here on maintankadin.

*edit2*
On the forums on your achievement site, if a user is offline it shows a hollow circle. If they are online it is filled with red. It should be green if they are online and either red or empty if they are offline. Its a little confusing.
Arees

Postby Aergis » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:23 pm

Yeah, yesterday I switched users, so the cache folder didnt have permission to be written by the other user.

Fixed now, let me know if you get any more errors.

Also, the maintankadin thing is due to a rogue lightbeard in the shell. Working on it.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:54 pm

Aergis wrote:Also, the maintankadin thing is due to a rogue lightbeard in the shell. Working on it.

rofl
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Arees » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:24 pm

I get
Whoops! We can't find your character.

Perhaps it was mispelled? Or the server region like Europe wasn't set?
Every time I try to search for my toon now. Armory is not down because I have it open right now.
Arees

Postby Aergis » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:31 pm

Hm.

Arees
Ravencrest

I got it no problem. I was mucking with the xml loading yesterday, maybe clear cahce? not sure whats up with that. Are you SURE you aren't mispelling it ? =P
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Arees » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:14 pm

Aergis wrote:I got it no problem. I was mucking with the xml loading yesterday, maybe clear cahce? not sure whats up with that. Are you SURE you aren't mispelling it ? =P

Hmm... its working fine now. Maybe it was a cache thing. Though it was saying that for other people in my guild I tried to look up too. But oh well, the problems gone now =D
Arees

Postby Arees » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:17 am

It keeps telling me it can't find my character. The armory is up.
Arees

Postby Thalia » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:54 pm

TY Waterboy,

Was some weird glitch. I was too busy editing the "tastes like chicken" guide a member submited and didn't notice. I truly appreciate you always helping inform when something is not working right.
Thalia

Postby Arees » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:05 am

I tried to log in just now and got an error page

*edit*

It's not just when I try to log in. It's when I try to load my character too. It was working fine yesterday.

Code: Select all
Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML() [domdocument.loadxml]: Space required after the Public Identifier in Entity, line: 1 in /home/overachiever/warcraftoverachiever.com/wp-content/themes/overAchiever/curl.php  on line 42

Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML() [domdocument.loadxml]: SystemLiteral " or ' expected in Entity, line: 1 in /home/overachiever/warcraftoverachiever.com/wp-content/themes/overAchiever/curl.php on line 42

Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML() [domdocument.loadxml]: SYSTEM or PUBLIC, the URI is missing in Entity, line: 1 in /home/overachiever/warcraftoverachiever.com/wp-content/themes/overAchiever/curl.php on line 42

Fatal error: Call to a member function getAttribute() on a non-object in /home/overachiever/warcraftoverachiever.com/wp-content/themes/overAchiever/getUserData.php on line 10

Also, before I tried to log in I was looking through the achievement list and noticed that the square on the left hand side of each achievement that normally has a little picture is completely empty. It's just a gold frame.

And the achievement "Lunch Lady" (25 cooking recipes learned) shows 8/25 even though I don't have a character loaded.

I was just thinking... we need an achievement forum in the General Discussion section for all of us achievement nuts. I'm working on getting It's Over 9000.
Arees

Postby izziebot » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:02 am

Hate to thread necro, but, I was wondering if anybody could tell me what happened to this site?
it vanished, and I am extremely saddened by this :(

Is there another one like it?
izziebot

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:22 am

I believe Thalia, who also occasionally posts on this site, quit the game and took down the site as it was generating too much traffic/strain on the server since it runs on the same one as Maintankadin. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Aergis » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:10 am

You are correct. I hate achievements so I can't keep it updated, and there were many complaints from maintankadins about the bandwidth sharing every wow holidy, so it didn't seem to make sense to keep it going.
Aergis
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General