Remove Advertisements

New achievment site, need testers!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: New achievment site, need testers!

Postby Thalia » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:36 am

Aubade wrote:........................

*Calls To Catch a Predator*

In all honesty though, I like the site. Although i would like to see a ranking tool like guild/server/world Even though there are a bunch of em out there, they're all inaccurate =[ (FFS Wow-Achievements has me at 5800 achievement points still..... I've been at 7k+ for a month and a half O.o)

Oh really, we had decided not to do that since that guy had already been doing that, but if it's borken i ruunnno I'll ask the master. If anything it would be a thing down the road, hes having to do a lot of work to do the suggestions part =) Thanks for the info.
Thalia

Postby Aubade » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Thalia wrote:
Aubade wrote:........................

*Calls To Catch a Predator*

In all honesty though, I like the site. Although i would like to see a ranking tool like guild/server/world Even though there are a bunch of em out there, they're all inaccurate =[ (FFS Wow-Achievements has me at 5800 achievement points still..... I've been at 7k+ for a month and a half O.o)

Oh really, we had decided not to do that since that guy had already been doing that, but if it's borken i ruunnno I'll ask the master. If anything it would be a thing down the road, hes having to do a lot of work to do the suggestions part =) Thanks for the info.

=O I still like the site though! off-topic: I just bought a shirt and it said it shipped from Seattle? If i had known you guys lived in seattle i would've gone and paid for it in person instead of $10.00 Shipping =[
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Thalia » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:57 am

wasn't 10 dollar shipping lol, it was that since we live in Washington state and you do too you have to pay the 9.5-9.9 sales tax here by law. Only Washington State residents have to pay it. =(
Thalia

Postby Aubade » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:50 am

Thalia wrote:wasn't 10 dollar shipping lol, it was that since we live in Washington state and you do too you have to pay the 9.5-9.9 sales tax here by law. Only Washington State residents have to pay it. =(

Well it was 8 dollar shipping! but close enough =[

19.99 for shirt, and my total after tax + shipping was 28.something. Still, would've been cheaper to just get it in person =[ OPEN A STORE IMO on like queen anne or something. MAybe fife.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Andox » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:15 am

Hm, maybe this is overkill, but I just want to know if it's possible to do this. We all know that some of the big sites got their ranking tools so you can see where your guild are. They decide the ranking on how much you've killed and maybe when the bosses hit the floor. I've only seen sites like this for raid achievements though. The thing I want is a site where I can see when people got their achievements. For example where do I stand in the world/EU/realm if we look at "The Loremaster"?

Is it possible to do?
Andox

Postby Arees » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:50 am

For me the log in box now is to small and it creates a vertical scroll bar. I took a screenshot, but not really sure if you need it or not. If you do, just let me know what to do with it.

*edit*
That was in firefox. In chrome and IE8 the log in button is to small (no scroll bars though).
Arees

Postby Arees » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:11 am

Aubade wrote:In all honesty though, I like the site. Although i would like to see a ranking tool like guild/server/world Even though there are a bunch of em out there, they're all inaccurate =[ (FFS Wow-Achievements has me at 5800 achievement points still..... I've been at 7k+ for a month and a half O.o)

Have you tried wow-achievements recently? They did an overhaul of the site, and now it refreshes your information from the armory when you view yourself.
Arees

Postby Aergis » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:35 am

Interesting color scheme he has now...
Funny, I emailed him a couple weeks ago about collaborating, no reply, now it looks like he's taking the design more seriously...

For me the log in box now is to small and it creates a vertical scroll bar. I took a screenshot, but not really sure if you need it or not. If you do, just let me know what to do with it.

Which version of firefox? I'm not seeing that on 3 or 3.5
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Arees » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:58 am

Aergis wrote:

Which version of firefox? I'm not seeing that on 3 or 3.5

The official 3.5 build. Here is my UA string
Code: Select all
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Arees

Postby Aergis » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:59 am

still seeing it?
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Arees » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:00 pm

Aergis wrote:still seeing it?

nope... let me check chrome and IE again to see if it fixed it for them too.

**edit**
The login button is still to small in IE and chrome. I see "Log " and just a little bit of the i and no n at all.

**edit2**
If I check IE8 to view the site in 'compatibility mode' then the log in button displays correctly.
Arees

Postby Arees » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:21 am

I'm getting the following error now

Welcome back Arees
Fatal error: Call to undefined function loginout() in /home/woa/public_html/wp-content/themes/overAchiever/quickLogin.php on line 30
Arees

Postby Thalia » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:40 am

WATERBOYsh wrote:I'm getting the following error now

Welcome back Arees
Fatal error: Call to undefined function loginout() in /home/woa/public_html/wp-content/themes/overAchiever/quickLogin.php on line 30

Ya mike is updating the site so you might see it break periodically today.
Thalia

Postby Arees » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:25 am

After the latest changes you made, it doesn't remember what character I am when I log in. It says "Welcome back Arees" where the login box used to be, but the only way to get my toon to show up is by searching.
Arees

Postby Braundo » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:25 am

Is this e-mail I got legitimate? If so, what exactly is it asking? I can't quite figure it out.

Hi <my name>,

We are getting really close to the official public launc of Warcraftoverachiever.com. We are having a little problem finding where the avatar options are in the profile section. Can you please tell me how you set your avatar? We want to make it more obvious for members when we go public.

Thank

Thalia

Are you asking for input about where we think the avatar option should go?
Braundo
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General