New achievment site, need testers!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: New achievment site, need testers!

Postby Zalaria » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:11 am

A nice addition would be to pull the reputations from the armory, and combine them with the rep achievements.

For example:
My Zandalar tribe is 16555/21000 into revered. The "Hero of the Zandalar Tribe" Achievement could list that information as a bar inside its box.

Also, I think the Hide Completed should carry between pages (I'm browsing as not-logged-in, don't know if that affects it), and there should be a message if all are completed (like my Exploration tab).

Feel free to use me!
Calihye - Dragonmaw
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
User avatar
Zalaria
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:27 am

Re: New achievment site, need testers!

Postby Arees » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:40 pm

When I scroll through the list of achievements the background image seems to try and move with the list, but then get moved back down so it looks like it is jumping up and down in the background.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

*edit*
Also, it thinks I play on a European server. At least is says "Europe" in yellow-greenish letters to the right of my achievement summary.

*edit2*
I tried it in Google Chrome and in IE8 and the background picture stays in place.
Image
User avatar
Arees
 
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:50 pm

Re: New achievment site, need testers!

Postby Aergis » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Also, it thinks I play on a European server. At least is says "Europe" in yellow-greenish letters to the right of my achievement summary.


Oops, thats a bug.
Fixed.
Image
User avatar
Aergis
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:37 pm

Re: New achievment site, need testers!

Postby Aergis » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:49 pm

When I scroll through the list of achievements the background image seems to try and move with the list, but then get moved back down so it looks like it is jumping up and down in the background.



Wierd... Ill look at it.
Image
User avatar
Aergis
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:37 pm

Re: New achievment site, need testers!

Postby Arees » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:51 pm

Zalaria wrote:Also, I think the Hide Completed should carry between pages (I'm browsing as not-logged-in, don't know if that affects it), and there should be a message if all are completed (like my Exploration tab).


I second this. And no being logged in doesn't effect this. What is the point of logging in anyway?
Image
User avatar
Arees
 
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:50 pm

Re: New achievment site, need testers!

Postby Aergis » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:00 pm

WATERBOYsh wrote:I second this. And no being logged in doesn't effect this. What is the point of logging in anyway?



You have to log in to comment, and you can save your character and server so you don't have to re-type it every time. Can setup auto-login with cookies and every time you visit the site your already logged in.
Image
User avatar
Aergis
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:37 pm

Re: New achievment site, need testers!

Postby Arees » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:04 pm

Aergis wrote:You have to log in to comment


Ah... didn't see anywhere to comment on anything. I'll have to look for that.
Image
User avatar
Arees
 
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:50 pm

Re: New achievment site, need testers!

Postby Thalia » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:09 pm

WATERBOYsh wrote:
Aergis wrote:You have to log in to comment


Ah... didn't see anywhere to comment on anything. I'll have to look for that.


You can comment on the guides that are written.
User avatar
Thalia
 
Posts: 1081
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: New achievment site, need testers!

Postby Bastien » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:36 pm

When logged in, entering a different character's name/server and clicking "Set" doesn't change the character or achievements.

I.e. I have my main that I registered with (Basten - Thunderhorn). I also have an 80 Shaman (Kickingbird - Thunderhorn). When I go to the site, it show's Bastien's achievements. If I put Kickingbird/Thunderhorn in the fields provided and hit Set, the page refreshes but I still see Bastien's achievements.

IMHO, this should be a "Search" so you can search for other characters, especially since there doesn't seem to be a character/player profile where you could change your "default character".

Summary:
- Bug: Character "Set" button seems to be broken?
- Feature Request: Add "Search" to display other characters' achievements while logged in.
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
Bastien
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:05 am

Re: New achievment site, need testers!

Postby Thalia » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Bastien wrote:When logged in, entering a different character's name/server and clicking "Set" doesn't change the character or achievements.

I.e. I have my main that I registered with (Basten - Thunderhorn). I also have an 80 Shaman (Kickingbird - Thunderhorn). When I go to the site, it show's Bastien's achievements. If I put Kickingbird/Thunderhorn in the fields provided and hit Set, the page refreshes but I still see Bastien's achievements.

IMHO, this should be a "Search" so you can search for other characters, especially since there doesn't seem to be a character/player profile where you could change your "default character".

Summary:
- Bug: Character "Set" button seems to be broken?
- Feature Request: Add "Search" to display other characters' achievements while logged in.


There is a profile section, Aergis just needs to make a button for it, in there you can change your default character.
User avatar
Thalia
 
Posts: 1081
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: New achievment site, need testers!

Postby Aergis » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:53 pm

There is a profile section, Aergis just needs to make a button for it, in there you can change your default character.



But also he is right, the "set" button should overwrite the logged in char, but I have it checking them backwards right now.
Image
User avatar
Aergis
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:37 pm

Re: New achievment site, need testers!

Postby Arnock » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:34 pm

at first glance it seems nice, certainly is faster than armory, but an "about" page would definately be nice, dont really understand where one would get things like the "Hey look, you need 2 more bunnies" function
Image
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
User avatar
Arnock
 
Posts: 3678
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere

Re: New achievment site, need testers!

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:52 pm

It looks much faster than armory.
It loaded so quickly that I would swear you'd already loaded the data.
User avatar
Kelaan
 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: New achievment site, need testers!

Postby Aergis » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:00 pm

Kelaan wrote:It looks much faster than armory.
It loaded so quickly that I would swear you'd already loaded the data.



I did. Just for you. I was watching you.
Image
User avatar
Aergis
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:37 pm

Re: New achievment site, need testers!

Postby Aubade » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:18 am

Aergis wrote:
Kelaan wrote:It looks much faster than armory.
It loaded so quickly that I would swear you'd already loaded the data.



I did. Just for you. I was watching you.


........................

*Calls To Catch a Predator*



In all honesty though, I like the site. Although i would like to see a ranking tool like guild/server/world Even though there are a bunch of em out there, they're all inaccurate =[ (FFS Wow-Achievements has me at 5800 achievement points still..... I've been at 7k+ for a month and a half O.o)
Image
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
User avatar
Aubade
Moderator
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Tacoma, WA

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alandra, Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 2 registered, 1 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Alandra, Google [Bot] and 1 guest