New achievment site, need testers!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: New achievment site, need testers!

Postby Zalaria » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:11 am

A nice addition would be to pull the reputations from the armory, and combine them with the rep achievements.

For example:
My Zandalar tribe is 16555/21000 into revered. The "Hero of the Zandalar Tribe" Achievement could list that information as a bar inside its box.

Also, I think the Hide Completed should carry between pages (I'm browsing as not-logged-in, don't know if that affects it), and there should be a message if all are completed (like my Exploration tab).

Feel free to use me!
Calihye - Dragonmaw
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Arees » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:40 pm

When I scroll through the list of achievements the background image seems to try and move with the list, but then get moved back down so it looks like it is jumping up and down in the background.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

*edit*
Also, it thinks I play on a European server. At least is says "Europe" in yellow-greenish letters to the right of my achievement summary.

*edit2*
I tried it in Google Chrome and in IE8 and the background picture stays in place.
Arees

Postby Aergis » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Also, it thinks I play on a European server. At least is says "Europe" in yellow-greenish letters to the right of my achievement summary.

Oops, thats a bug.
Fixed.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Aergis » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:49 pm

When I scroll through the list of achievements the background image seems to try and move with the list, but then get moved back down so it looks like it is jumping up and down in the background.

Wierd... Ill look at it.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Arees » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:51 pm

Zalaria wrote:Also, I think the Hide Completed should carry between pages (I'm browsing as not-logged-in, don't know if that affects it), and there should be a message if all are completed (like my Exploration tab).

I second this. And no being logged in doesn't effect this. What is the point of logging in anyway?
Arees

Postby Aergis » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:00 pm

WATERBOYsh wrote:I second this. And no being logged in doesn't effect this. What is the point of logging in anyway?

You have to log in to comment, and you can save your character and server so you don't have to re-type it every time. Can setup auto-login with cookies and every time you visit the site your already logged in.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Arees » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:04 pm

Aergis wrote:You have to log in to comment

Ah... didn't see anywhere to comment on anything. I'll have to look for that.
Arees

Postby Thalia » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:09 pm

WATERBOYsh wrote:
Aergis wrote:You have to log in to comment

Ah... didn't see anywhere to comment on anything. I'll have to look for that.

You can comment on the guides that are written.
Thalia

Postby Bastien » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:36 pm

When logged in, entering a different character's name/server and clicking "Set" doesn't change the character or achievements.

I.e. I have my main that I registered with (Basten - Thunderhorn). I also have an 80 Shaman (Kickingbird - Thunderhorn). When I go to the site, it show's Bastien's achievements. If I put Kickingbird/Thunderhorn in the fields provided and hit Set, the page refreshes but I still see Bastien's achievements.

IMHO, this should be a "Search" so you can search for other characters, especially since there doesn't seem to be a character/player profile where you could change your "default character".

Summary:
- Bug: Character "Set" button seems to be broken?
- Feature Request: Add "Search" to display other characters' achievements while logged in.
ImageImage
Bastien

Postby Thalia » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Bastien wrote:When logged in, entering a different character's name/server and clicking "Set" doesn't change the character or achievements.

I.e. I have my main that I registered with (Basten - Thunderhorn). I also have an 80 Shaman (Kickingbird - Thunderhorn). When I go to the site, it show's Bastien's achievements. If I put Kickingbird/Thunderhorn in the fields provided and hit Set, the page refreshes but I still see Bastien's achievements.

IMHO, this should be a "Search" so you can search for other characters, especially since there doesn't seem to be a character/player profile where you could change your "default character".

Summary:
- Bug: Character "Set" button seems to be broken?
- Feature Request: Add "Search" to display other characters' achievements while logged in.

There is a profile section, Aergis just needs to make a button for it, in there you can change your default character.
Thalia

Postby Aergis » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:53 pm

There is a profile section, Aergis just needs to make a button for it, in there you can change your default character.

But also he is right, the "set" button should overwrite the logged in char, but I have it checking them backwards right now.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Arnock » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:34 pm

at first glance it seems nice, certainly is faster than armory, but an "about" page would definately be nice, dont really understand where one would get things like the "Hey look, you need 2 more bunnies" function
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:52 pm

It looks much faster than armory.
It loaded so quickly that I would swear you'd already loaded the data.
Kelaan

Postby Aergis » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:00 pm

Kelaan wrote:It looks much faster than armory.

I did. Just for you. I was watching you.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Aubade » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:18 am

Aergis wrote:
Kelaan wrote:It looks much faster than armory.

I did. Just for you. I was watching you.

*Calls To Catch a Predator*

In all honesty though, I like the site. Although i would like to see a ranking tool like guild/server/world Even though there are a bunch of em out there, they're all inaccurate =[ (FFS Wow-Achievements has me at 5800 achievement points still..... I've been at 7k+ for a month and a half O.o)
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

PreviousNext

Return to General