Holiday Achievements

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Amarant_Pally » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:27 am

I've got all but 2 achievements done. The racing robot one and the Snowman.

Seriously, WTB more content (because achievements fail 'cause someone always f*cks up!).
Amarant_Pally

Postby Barathorn » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:42 am

Amarant_Pally wrote:I've got all but 2 achievements done. The racing robot one and the Snowman.

Seriously, WTB more content (because achievements fail 'cause someone always f*cks up!).

You must have a LOT of free time :) I wish I did!

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Robbo » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:45 am

Amarant_Pally wrote:I've got all but 2 achievements done. The racing robot one and the Snowman.

Same here!

I can go back to playing the actual game again!

wait...
Robbo
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:24 am

Was going to try and get up to Alterac early to see if I had a better shot at the Greench, but turns out maintenance started at 3am instead of 5...
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Irishbiker » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:46 am

Blizz fixed the respawn rate of the grinch. the quest is easily attained now. instead of the 5min 1 respawn rate its about 1min. it beats having 80 people spam AoE in the hope's of tag'n 1 of 12mobs that it was on monday.

and yes, you loose the buff for the pvp achivment upon death. most of the horde on my server (since we our outnumbered 5:1 in BG's). tend to camp defence and hide. or die, afk out, wait the 10mins, and go at it again. imo, it was a stupid move on blizz to make it so difficult to accomplish. they could have at least made it persist threw death, or put a machine inside the BG's.
Irishbiker

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:50 am

One neutral machine at the centre of AV, IMO. That'd be fun to see. :lol:

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Torquemada » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:59 am

I got 29 HKs tanking King Wrynn as a gnome. If you don't have the achievement for the other faction's leaders it's worth going for that way.

I'm kicking myself for not getting brew of the month. I have over 4k achievement points but can't get a violet proto drake for 2 years.
Torquemada

Postby degre » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:10 am

Torquemada wrote:I got 29 HKs tanking King Wrynn as a gnome. If you don't have the achievement for the other faction's leaders it's worth going for that way.

I'm kicking myself for not getting brew of the month. I have over 4k achievement points but can't get a violet proto drake for 2 years.

2 years?

By the time a year has passed since all started you'll have it all...
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Torquemada » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:23 am

I did NOT get brew of the month because at the time achievements weren't in game and I didn't know/care. Thus I won't be able to do brew of the year until after next year's Brewfest, and BotY takes 12 months to run through.
Torquemada

Postby degre » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:30 am

Torquemada wrote:I did NOT get brew of the month because at the time achievements weren't in game and I didn't know/care. Thus I won't be able to do brew of the year until after next year's Brewfest, and BotY takes 12 months to run through.

Ops, I see now how it works and I agree it sucks...

No worries anyway, people will whine on the forums and this will be removed like the mask.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby towelliee » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:24 am

Well I lead a premade AV and basically told all our team to hide in the cave by horde side, which we did. We watched as the Alliance raided FWGY....let them take it. Then all 40 of us zerged them before they started heading into the main towers and just camped the GY and did not cap the GY. Awesome...

Also wtf now I have to do all the Ogrila questline from Skettis to do this bombing quest!?!?! BLASPHEMY!
towelliee

Postby Shirak » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:38 am

Seraphia wrote:If they are just HK's, just go to wintergrasp during a round. You can get a bucket of HK's by manning a cannon and be pretty safe from reprisal.

Since I've really not done anything with these cannons, where are they and how does wintergrasp work?
Tuberon wrote:Tanking *is* crowd control.

You run into a crowd, and proceed to control it.
Shirak

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:29 pm

Just did the Little Helper achievement in Strand of the Ancients. First couple of BGs, I got killed very fast with no HKs (same in AV when I tried - they often went out of their way to kill me when they saw me); later I worked out hopping on tanks or cannons works quite well. Got ~30 kills in costume in a single BG, and also got a bunch of PvP achievements. It's also pretty fun to be able to actually kill people now (I did abuse the ShoR bug a little toward the end, but even before that I found I could take most Warriors down one on one. Not Rogues, DKs (damn AMZ/S and Bone Shield), Druids or all clothies, but I can kill Warriors fine).

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Dane » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:19 am

Well, I got Little Helper done pretty quick...took 3 BGs...but when I found the right one, the HKs came ROLLING in.

Now my big worries are the Ogrila one (haven't done ANY of the quests), and getting that stupid hat from the Nexus. (Keep in mind, I have to get two, or else the wife will slay me.)
Dane

Postby phaqueue » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:26 am

luckily... you can tank nexus even at 70... not too hard at all...

pretty sure the first time I tanked it I was level like 71... and specced ret in kara gear...

just put together a group that wants to chain run the boss 5 times fast for the hat...easiest way (or both of you get lucky on full runs)
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

PreviousNext

Return to General