Remove Advertisements

"Tanking is my off-spec"

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Worldie » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:17 pm

0, because i refuse to pug.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby mavfin » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:26 pm

Elsie wrote:Well, you're not the first person I've seen penalize people for efficiency. I tanked as ret leveling up, where's that fit in?

I had a couple rets that asked about rolling on tank gear as I was leveling up, since they were 'ret to level'. I told them that was fine, but that meant that I was rolling on DPS upgrades, too. Most understood that, but the two that didn't think it was fair for me to roll on their DPS upgrades if they were rolling on my tank upgrades, I told them they couldn't roll on tank stuff, then, and they abided by it. The others understood perfectly. Just meant that for that run, DPS/tank plate was open season. :D I figured if they wanted to roll on tank stuff since that was their 'real' spec, then all the DPS plate was offspec for both of us. (Obviously, as a warrior, any spellpower plate is default to pally. I have no interest in it at all.)

Actually did not have one do this w/o asking, though.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby yappo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:02 am

Elsie wrote:Well, you're not the first person I've seen penalize people for efficiency. I tanked as ret leveling up, where's that fit in?

In my book it fits in with you rolling for ret-gear prior to respeccing back to prot. Quite frankly I see rolling on tank gear (or even worse, rolling on healing gear) as trying to get a free ride on somebody elses hard work.

If I'm inefficiently levelling as prot then I have first priority on prot loot. Unless there are inefficient players like me (and the healing-specced players I admire) you don't get to run instances with a minimum hassle while levelling.

Now I'm aware that the 3.1 (I think that's the designation) patch probably will turn things up-side down with dual-speccing available, but I still believe the problems will remain to a certain extent. You'll have the holy/ret and prot/ret players who basically refuse to take the non-ret role in a group and STILL want to roll on holy/prot gear.

Basically I'm stating that my stance is no different from the majority of the complaints concerning DK:s rolling on loot.
yappo

Postby yappo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:02 am

In my book it fits in with you rolling for ret-gear prior to respeccing back to prot. Quite frankly I see rolling on tank gear (or even worse, rolling on healing gear) as trying to get a free ride on somebody elses hard work.

If I'm inefficiently levelling as prot then I have first priority on prot loot. Unless there are inefficient players like me (and the healing-specced players I admire) you don't get to run instances with a minimum of hassle while levelling.

Now I'm aware that the 3.1 (I think that's the designation) patch probably will turn things up-side down with dual-speccing available, but I still believe the problems will remain to a certain extent. You'll have the holy/ret and prot/ret players who basically refuse to take the non-ret role in a group and STILL want to roll on holy/prot gear.

Basically I'm stating that my stance is no different from the majority of the complaints concerning DK:s rolling on loot.
yappo

Postby yappo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:04 am

If I'm inefficiently levelling as prot then I have first priority on prot loot. Unless there are inefficient players like me (and the healing-specced players I admire) you don't get to run instances with a minimum of hassle while levelling.

yappo

Postby yappo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:04 am

yappo

Postby gibborim » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:32 am

Holy quadruple-post-autism Batman!

Edit: My stance is still that there is a limit to how much you can complain about people in PUGs and/or restrict them. And who are you to say that the specced healer or tank has contributed more? They get to find groups much easier than DPS.
gibborim

Postby yappo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:39 am

Urk abot the multiposting. Site was acting up when I submitted my post.

Now, about contributing more. I didn't say "more", but I do indeed say I'm contributing in my role, so I get first pick for my role. You want to play ret, roll for ret, or run the instance together with four other DPS.

There's NOTHING stopping a prot-pally levelling as a prot-pally. The same goes for a holy-specced one (levelling as holy, that is). Doing so means it takes longer to hit 60/70/80/90/100 or whatever the level-cap is. Taking longer means we have more need per level of playing of the gear that fits with our spec, because we'll spend more hours at that level. Of course we get first priority. I fail to see what could possibly be strange with that.
yappo

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:48 am

yappo wrote:Urk abot the multiposting. Site was acting up when I submitted my post.

Now, about contributing more. I didn't say "more", but I do indeed say I'm contributing in my role, so I get first pick for my role. You want to play ret, roll for ret, or run the instance together with four other DPS.

There's NOTHING stopping a prot-pally levelling as a prot-pally. The same goes for a holy-specced one (levelling as holy, that is). Doing so means it takes longer to hit 60/70/80/90/100 or whatever the level-cap is. Taking longer means we have more need per level of playing of the gear that fits with our spec, because we'll spend more hours at that level. Of course we get first priority. I fail to see what could possibly be strange with that.

Agreed. Also agree where you say that if someone is rolling on your tank loot, they're getting a free ride for getting currently "offspec" loot.

Basically it boils down to... if you want the tank loot, expect to roll on it, then don't switch to ret to level. Go tank the stuff yourself and actually deserve to get it, because that's what the tank did.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to General