Remove Advertisements

"Tanking is my off-spec"

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

"Tanking is my off-spec"

Postby Siekertr21 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:27 am

How many pieces of 5 man gear have you guys lost because of this? for me its 2 so far.
Siekertr21

Postby Zironic » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:28 am

I've never seen anyone roll on offspec before asking first.
Zironic

Postby Jasari » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:31 am

Zironic wrote:I've never seen anyone roll on offspec before asking first.
Jasari

Postby Ashmadai » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:32 am

I hardly ever PUG, but I've never had a dps war/dk/paladin try to roll against the tank on loot. The other day I was doing a heroic Gundrak with a fury warrior who clearly was prot main spec usually from the way he was talking. He politely asked if I needed the gloves as an upgrade and let me have them rather than rolling himself. I wish I would have let him have them, because I got the Kirin tor ones like 2 days later, but that's irrelevant.

Honestly, if PuGing is all you can do, I would put it on master loot before I would let that happen to me more than once. You'd of course have to let the group know, but at least then the douchebag fury warrior/dk or whatever it is knows what's up right from the start.
Ashmadai

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:33 am

Jasari wrote:
I see it a lot actually, but at least they roll greed while the mainspec rolled need.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Baelor » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:41 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Jasari wrote:
I see it a lot actually, but at least they roll greed while the mainspec rolled need.

I ran a bunch of heroics yesterday as ret. I rolled greed on all tanking items and was usually trumped by the PUG tank rolling need. This is how it should be.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:42 am

Maybe like 1 or 2?

They were to my Offtank though.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Eanin » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:56 am

Never, but then I don't PuG anymore.

If that ever happened, that person would be blacklisted.
Eanin

Postby daemonym » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:05 am

when i was gearing up in tbc before kara? constantly. since then? never because i'll never take another plate wearing class if/when i need a pug. if you wear plate and i don't know you personally, you're not getting an invite.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:09 am

Baelor wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:
Jasari wrote:

I ran a bunch of heroics yesterday as ret. I rolled greed on all tanking items and was usually trumped by the PUG tank rolling need. This is how it should be.

I lost a friend over that. He specced ret for the expansion with intentions to go prot at 80. He didn't end up going prot, but stuck to ret because I was tanking and wanted instance runs, possible loot and badges. Apparently, he didn't approve of me rolling need on all the tank drops and thought I should *share* the need rolls on the epic gear and any upgrades. Couldn't freaking believe it. If you specced ret to get groups, don't expect to be able to need roll on prot gear. I applaud you for sticking to the "right" way.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Mortehl » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:10 am

No pug = no drama.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Splug » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:15 am

I got outrolled on a Repelling Charge at a naxx 10 half-pug once. The guy who got it was originally going to be tanking the run, but when I joined he got shoved into a damage role because I vastly outgeared him. Kind of a grey area there, though at the time I wasn't particularly thrilled. The item dropped again the next week anyway, so no big deal.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Lewyn » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:16 am

Mortehl wrote:No pug = no drama.

mo' pugs, mo' problems.

If I group with a plate wearing DPSer, I make it clear from the beginning that I won't roll on any plate DPS if he won't roll on tanking gear. And if they don't like it then they can just leave.
Lewyn

Re: "Tanking is my off-spec"

Postby Viycktor » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:23 am

Out of my pug experience in WotlK?

The only tanking piece I've seen drop (out of the 6 instances I've tanked: 4 instances, one of them 3 times) was need won by the dps DK without even asking (after he was afk for that entire boss fight).

But that's only the 2nd pug group I've had. Not much data, but 50% of gear being ninjaed in pugs sounds about right.

Back in TBC, not terribly often. I expect it will happen constantly now with DKs though.
Viycktor

Postby Brute » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:27 am

I lost the Gossamer trinket in AzN to a guildie but I won two other peices of plate, both DPS oriented.

I made a deal w/ the DK that we could both roll on all items we wanted because we were both unsure of our raiding spec (dps/tank). I think it was a good trade.
Brute

Next

Return to General