The Race to 80 by tommorrow morning...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby uke » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:54 am

Discus wrote:>the womanz gettin impatient lol

This deserves a thread of its own

Many of us married folks know this all too well.

Wife wanting attention/lovin' > WoW anyday :P

She lets me get plenty of playtime, though, so I can't really complain.
Pally's been relegated to AH duties.

RAWR'ing it up as a bear now, with a side of boomkin.
uke

Postby agamemnoch » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:55 am

Risar wrote:
Dane wrote:
Risar wrote:
Dane wrote:
Panzerdin wrote:Sleep. Much more fun.

This...

The game will still be here when you wake up.

Unless there's an outage...lol

True...but it will come back.

lol I know, its just that I never really got to enjoy level 70 for long then the release came out, so I just want to knock it out. Plus I work as a Linux tech during the day so when i get home from work I honestly dont want to spend more than 4 hours online. With the solid questing Ive been doing ive been staying up much longer and the womanz gettin impatient lol

Fellow UNIX/Linux guy myself. Id spend more time online (not all playing) if not for the boredom and having a kid/family :)
Armory Link Above
agamemnoch

Postby Chunes » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:56 am

daemonym wrote:just hit 75 last night and i'll be racing to 80 by sunday. now that i have shield to the face byahh! itll be a lot easier to deal with. towards the end of dragon's blight it was realllly boring. so far in zul drak the quests are also annoyingly thin. but riding the massive storm giant was pretty damned bitchin tbh.

but if youre near 78 now, ya a full day of questing will def get you there.

ugh, just wait till you start having to do the quests for the Cat god...

"I need you to go to the other end of the zone and kill stuff, then come back."

"good you're back, now go to the opposite end of where the last quest was and kill some more shit."

"All done over there? good, now go all the way to the northernmost area of the zone and get somethign."

"back again? now go to the southernmost area of the zone and do something."

"you're still here? well now that you've done all my quests i'll just relocate myself to a nice central place in the zone to make my last quest turn in a little shorter of a run for you. Thanks champ."
Chunes

Postby anthony » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:58 am

wow, im really behind the game, still 70 on my pally and almost 71 on my rogue, i hate leveling.
Chat-killer at your service.
anthony

Postby Panzerdin » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:02 pm

It's not a question of wanting to play the game a lot... But it's just a game, there's no point playing all bloody night.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby daemonym » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:08 pm

Chunes wrote:
daemonym wrote:just hit 75 last night and i'll be racing to 80 by sunday. now that i have shield to the face byahh! itll be a lot easier to deal with. towards the end of dragon's blight it was realllly boring. so far in zul drak the quests are also annoyingly thin. but riding the massive storm giant was pretty damned bitchin tbh.

"good you're back, now go to the opposite end of where the last quest was and kill some more shit."

"All done over there? good, now go all the way to the northernmost area of the zone and get somethign."

"you're still here? well now that you've done all my quests i'll just relocate myself to a nice central place in the zone to make my last quest turn in a little shorter of a run for you. Thanks champ."

so is there really any point to stay in this area after the first dozen or so quests? because if most of the quests in the zone are like this...i'll just go and aoe farm myself to 76 and call that zone done.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Dane » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:11 pm

Chunes wrote:

My Cat gods send me on quests too...but they're more like "Feed me!" or "I want to play with the feather toy!"

Occasionally, they just sit on my lap and purr, but they're also known to jump on the desk and bat at my Pally.

Oh....not those cat gods?
Dane

Postby Chunes » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:41 pm

daemonym wrote:so is there really any point to stay in this area after the first dozen or so quests? because if most of the quests in the zone are like this...i'll just go and aoe farm myself to 76 and call that zone done.

eh not really. I'd say do 50% of the Zul'Drak quests then just go to sholazar. Sholazar's much more compact and easy to finish (did it in a single session, got the quest acheivement for the zone) and thus will net you more xp/hour. I got the acheivment for every zone for quest completion and dinged 80 in icecrown having only done 30% of the quests there.

Now, if you like lore (not crazy history lore, just good game story), by all means finish zul'drak. the whole cat god quest chain gives insight into just what the heck caused the drakkari empire to start unraveling which was interesting at the very least.

that and you get a quest to ride a rhino (or was it a mammoth?) and trample trolls.

/fun.
Chunes

Postby Risar » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:33 pm

lol awesome replies and funny

Well Ive got two cans of Cocaine ready to go to keep me up! Leaving work in 30 minutes. Will post a Snapshot of me hitting 80 if it happens!
Cilix
Risar

Postby Chunes » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:37 pm

GL:HF mang
Chunes

Postby Splug » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:44 pm

77+ is extremely fast. I pulled 3:15 for 77->78, 4:20 for 78->79, 4:30 for 79->80. A large part of your time questing is travel time; regaining epic flight speed alone is a massive jump in pace.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Eaglestrike » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:52 pm

Panzerdin wrote:Sleep. Much more fun.

This is the reason I didn't get realm first 80 Belf/paladin. Can't say it wasn't worth it though. Sleep is enjoyable and it helps me feel like I'm not addicted like some people claim when I can sleep in just fine.
Eaglestrike

Postby phaqueue » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:34 am

Definitely doable... I was really messing around on my way up... then I had a weekend with nothing to do (rarity) and spent basically 2 straight days doing nothing but grinding out quests with questhelper and cartographer...

got 72-77 in those 2 days... it was a pain - but it was worth it in the end... cause after a little while - you just seem to get in the "zone" so to speak... it feels like you're not even grinding that long then all the sudden you ding...

hopefully I'll be able to do that when I finally decide to level my next 80 (probably a DK)

guess we'll see on that one tho
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Previous

Return to General