Remove Advertisements

Rantings @ BoE's

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby hoho » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:11 am

Threatco wrote:If the winner of said item was being a douche and asking too much then it is their repuation who gets trashed
Stupid question, how do you "trash" someone's reputation? Spamming in /2 won't help much, nobody remembers names of the people in a couple of hours. It might only work to some degree if your guild has some kind of a blacklist for bad players but I doubt even that has much of an effect.

Last night a someone ninjaed a mining node from me. There were a couple of mobs nearby, he waited until I started minig and mobs attacked, he landed fast, mined it and told me to **** off . I wanted to talk to his guild leader but apparently he was the leader
Last edited by hoho on Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
hoho

Postby Threatco » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:17 am

Ah good point. To clarify I agree trashing someone's rep is something I don't know how to do. But a previous poster suggested that doing so or the threat of doing so could ensure fair BOE needs. Which even if it was possible I woulden't want to have to police and enforce it afterwards.

Roll. Bid. Move on.

If someone does ask for too much that realy tough nuts. Supply and demand. Check the AH. Ask realy sweetly. If it is a dick move then don't run with him again. Karma in this game sometimes sorta works out eventualy maybe I hope.
Last edited by Threatco on Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby mavfin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:18 am

hoho wrote:
Threatco wrote:If the winner of said item was being a douche and asking too much then it is their repuation who gets trashed
Stupid question, how do you "trash" someone's reputation? Spamming in /2 won't help much, nobody remembers names of the people in a couple of hours. It might only work to some degree if your guild has some kind of a blacklist for bad players but I doubt even that has much of an effect.

Last night a someone ninjaed a mining node from me. There were a couple of mobs nearby, he waited until I started minig and mobs attacked, he landed fast, mined it and told me to **** off . I wanted to talk to his guild leader but apparently he was the leader

That's true, I guess. Realistically, you could get away with stealing crap all the time, but, I won't do it, and I won't group with people who do. i.e. they can only steal from my group once, because they'll be on my ignore list after that, and my guild's. Sure, there's lots of other suckers out there, but, that's how the world works.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby mavfin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:31 am

amh wrote:We treat boe-stuff like any other drop. Only exception is if absolutely no-one wants it, even for off-spec, we´ll probably sell it. Decide it right then and there, don´t run off with it :|

And yeah, whoever gets it equips it right there.

I was surprised in Drak'tharon Keep on this, though. I couldn't equip it! It was a level 80 requirement tank belt, and I (and the instance) was only 76. However, since that was the case, the DK and I did ask the group if it was ok to roll need, and they agreed, since it was a tank belt. Don't think I had ever seen a BoE drop that was higher level than the instance.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby HinataDestiny » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:02 am

amh wrote:We treat boe-stuff like any other drop. Only exception is if absolutely no-one wants it, even for off-spec, we´ll probably sell it. Decide it right then and there, don´t run off with it :|

were pretty much the same but if someone doesnt need it we bank it for the future in case someone levels an alt who can use it
Retired Wowhead since Feb 14th 2009

A4 - Anime Forums - Your Place to Talk Anime

Playing: Halo(Heroic), Halo 2(Heroic), Ill let you know if/when I get to legendary.
HinataDestiny

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:02 am

Threatco wrote:For pugs where loots rules were not discussed I would say...

BOE = roll greed

In case you want it offer to buy it off the person who wins the greed at a fair price.

Roll Need to be safe, I think.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:29 am

Mazater wrote:Our raid leader looted all the Sunwell BoE's while they still were hot.

Yeah, most of 'em were sold and we never saw the moneys.

And you stayed there because?....

This is the bow drama and loot council stuff all over again. I'd never participate in a guild where the RL could decide that an item that would be an upgrade for me should be sold off instead to fund his alt's epic flying or something.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:31 am

HinataDestiny wrote:

were pretty much the same but if someone doesnt need it we bank it for the future in case someone levels an alt who can use it

Either way works, but greedy RLs are a pain. They are also the ones that take those items and post them for 8kG that night... lol
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby daemonym » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:11 am

damn i was walking into here thinking about the boe jank with all the crafting profs with limited bop goodies.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:18 am

Warcraft wrote:My guild has always sold off BoE items, upgrade or not. And really there are no BoE items in the game that don't have better BoP versions, so for a guild that sticks together, it's only beneficial. For example, that 30K gold we got for a cloth chest pattern the night Sunwell came out ended up benefiting us a lot more in the way of consumables and repair bills than the slight upgrade to one Mage or Warlock would in terms of DPS.
There are some really good BoE epics in WotLK... especially considering that some boss loot is BoE now.

If I do a pug 5-man, BoE epics are fair game. If I do a pug raid, BoE's go to people who can actually use them. I even convinced the raid leader in a Sartharion pug that it'd be sad to see the ring on the AH... so, he decided that only tanks could roll on it. Parry rating + the other tank being a druid = I was the only one who rolled (28 out of 1000) :)
Belloc

Postby semp » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:31 am

In a raid setting, hopefully your guild isnt stupid enough to not give someone a BoE if it is clearly an upgrade. Is gold really that important anymore?

On the side of mining nodes, guess what people they aren't "tagable". They are free game to anyone because thats how blizzard made it. Would it be nice if you could tag a node? Hell yes, but you cannot.
semp

Postby Fedaykin98 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:39 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
Threatco wrote:For pugs where loots rules were not discussed I would say...

BOE = roll greed

In case you want it offer to buy it off the person who wins the greed at a fair price.

Roll Need to be safe, I think.

I will generally wait to see what other people roll, and do likewise - in any situation, say, a rare mount drops. Just a general rule. Trust, but verify. ;)

Now if we're talking about an upgrade, Need all the way. I won't be mad if a Hunter needs on a really nice BoE bow that's a clear upgrade. They'd better not keep me from getting some awesome tanky item.
Fedaykin98

Postby daemonym » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:13 am

Fedaykin98 wrote:[
I will generally wait to see what other people roll, and do likewise - in any situation, say, a rare mount drops. Just a general rule. Trust, but verify. ;)

Now if we're talking about an upgrade, Need all the way. I won't be mad if a Hunter needs on a really nice BoE bow that's a clear upgrade. They'd better not keep me from getting some awesome tanky item.

same here. this is how i got my brewfest ram actually. it dropped and the obligitory pause enseus, 1 person rolls greed, 2 more follow and greed, some asshole rolls need. i roll need as well and win and then procede to kick him from the group to the approval of the rest of the group, especially the lock who got the next ram that dropped that run O.o

as for boe epics in raids, i usually prefer master looter so there's no 'oopsie, i thought that +defense item was hunter loots!' but still, legit main spec upgrade > all else. only problem is, they could easily turn around n sell it and screwing over the other person that was gonna equip it. myself being more cynical than the average stadium of people would put it in the GB to be sold to an active guildy at a VERY low price. else to the AH it goes for GB repair funds.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby BJs » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:33 pm

Dane wrote:I'm assuming the looter is your raid leader.

If you can't trust your raid leader, run, run like the wind.

What he said.

Stinks to high heaven.....especially so early after expansion when everyone is nuts for upgrades.
BJs

Postby Seraphia » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:43 pm

If someone in the raid can actually use the item, we've always just had them roll like it was any other drop.
-Seraphia <Slap in the Face> : Doomhammer
Seraphia

PreviousNext

Return to General