Remove Advertisements

Rantings @ BoE's

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Rantings @ BoE's

Postby Vestori » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:33 pm

so... my guild is in naxx tonight with the reset, and we get 2x BoE epics, very nice ones.... and they are kept for ...? unexplained reasons, when its a very clear and big upgrade for many people, so what do people think.. Should it be rolled on or stored? I can't say what our guild is doing with them because they havent said, and the person who looted them isnt the most trustworthy person.
Vestori

Postby guillex » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:35 pm

Check your AH daily for them.

That's probably where they're going to show up.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Egin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:36 pm

IMO they should have been rolled on.. For a guild/raid leader to keep them without explaination of thier intent of the items is just wrong in my eyes.. But thats me
Last edited by Egin on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Adoraa

TheBaldGuy wrote:CC is when a tankadin runs into a crowd of mobs, lays down consecrate and proceeds to control said crowd of mobs. ;)
<--- LOL!!
Egin

Postby Dane » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:37 pm

I'm assuming the looter is your raid leader.

If you can't trust your raid leader, run, run like the wind.
Dane

Postby Kelarik » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:39 pm

My way of seeing things is that if it's an upgrade for someone's main spec, then they get it, even if it's BoE. If it's a slight upgrade, sidegrade, or an upgrade for an off-spec (regardless of how huge an upgrade it may be), then it gets greeded for whatever purpose - AH, Guild Bank, Alt, whatever.

My €0.02
Kelarik

Location: In front of the boss eating a chocolate cornet. Now, which side's the head?

Postby mavfin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:07 pm

Yeah, if you can't trust them, and they won't tell you what they did with them, maybe you don't want to be in that guild. Maybe they're holding them as insurance to fill a slot for someone who needs it, or maybe it's for not such a good purpose. Regardless, they should be able to tell you what the plan is.

I exercised the 'BoE as upgrade=need' a couple weeks ago when the blue BoE level 80 tank belt dropped in Drak'tharon when I was tanking it at 76. I rolled need on it, so did the DK who intended to tank later, and no one in the group saw a problem with it. I won it, and it's on my warrior now that I've leveled to 80, with a def gem in it, thanks to the belt buckle.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby phaqueue » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:03 pm

IMO - roll need... if there's problems with people in the guild needing and sending to alts/selling... that's easily fixed... make the person equip it right away or get kicked... makes sure it stays with that person...

although - if these are guild runs - then you shouldn't even have to go to that length... and I can understand selling BoEs to help fill the guild bank for repairs and such... but honestly - having people get gear to help with fights is more important than gold IMO...

Things like this usually make me take a good look at the guild to decide if it's somewhere I really want to raid
phaqueue

Postby Threatco » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:10 pm

For pugs where loots rules were not discussed I would say...

BOE = roll greed

In case you want it offer to buy it off the person who wins the greed at a fair price.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby mavfin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:17 pm

Threatco wrote:For pugs where loots rules were not discussed I would say...

BOE = roll greed

In case you want it offer to buy it off the person who wins the greed at a fair price.

Must be a server thing. On my server, wear > sell. Obviously, if you need it, you better use it, because people will be checking the AH to see if you're selling it, and they may look for it on you later. Good way to get a bad reputation if you misuse it. So, people don't roll need on BoE stuff unnecessarily at all. I've only seen about 3 BoE's (out of a ton) rolled need on since LK launch, and in each case, the group approved, as the ones who rolled need made sense. (tank for tank belt, rogue for rogue bracers, etc)

Why should I have to pay someone for a tank item that dropped when I'm tanking a pug? I wouldn't expect a mage to pay me for a nice BoE caster item that dropped in an instance if it was an upgrade for them. In the first two instances, people even had greens that were upgrades that they grabbed to wear. If no one's going to wear it, *then* it's fair game for anyone, and greed is the order of the day.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby mazater » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:34 pm

Our raid leader looted all the Sunwell BoE's while they still were hot.

Yeah, most of 'em were sold and we never saw the moneys.
mazater

Postby Warcraft » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:43 pm

My guild has always sold off BoE items, upgrade or not. And really there are no BoE items in the game that don't have better BoP versions, so for a guild that sticks together, it's only beneficial. For example, that 30K gold we got for a cloth chest pattern the night Sunwell came out ended up benefiting us a lot more in the way of consumables and repair bills than the slight upgrade to one Mage or Warlock would in terms of DPS.
Warcraft

Postby Threatco » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:54 pm

I shoulden't have to police my pug members post run to make sure I trash their repuation if they misuse the item.

When a nice BoE drops everyone see $ signs. If your in a pug you should let everyone roll on it. If you want it enough then you should be willing to pay for it.

If the winner of said item was being a douche and asking too much then it is their repuation who gets trashed. I would hope to at least get 30-50g for one. Any more is a bit of a rip off.

If this wasn't the case there would be too many people who want to need stuff for disputable upgrades and will ruin it for everyone and lead to a pug implosion.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby mavfin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:59 pm

Not had that problem, so I can't comment on it. People *at this time* are being pretty commonsense about it. I tend to not pug with greedy asses. I'll kick a person who thinks their $$$ signs are more important than what the group can use.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Levantine » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:49 am

BoE epics = they equip it right there in front of everyone to bind it.
Levantine

Postby amh » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:52 am

We treat boe-stuff like any other drop. Only exception is if absolutely no-one wants it, even for off-spec, we´ll probably sell it. Decide it right then and there, don´t run off with it :|

And yeah, whoever gets it equips it right there.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to General