Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby waffles8 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:40 am

Moved along getting bashed and put down by alot of people... or being flamed.

I stuck to my gole to become a pally tank, on my server Boulderfist. I never thought it was possible but then i started learning the facts and stats behind tanking and it came clear.

I eventully got anough gear to start into karazan with my guild, They let me tank the odd mob here and there , and i was very pleased.

Got a few peices out of kara and finaly became *Uncrushable* This is when things changed, i was maintanking bosses i was offtanking bosses... It was all there, when people needed a tank they didnt mind asking me to come cause they seen it happen.

Now im tanking in SSC , Just tanking mobs but still, Tanking... it works its way up the list. If you want to tank bosses start with the trash.

waffles8

Postby enbee » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:27 am

Last night on vashj we were doing great, no deaths end of p2, 2 naga's still up which I'm tanking, warrior on vashj, then all of a sudden -> splat, warrior down, I taunt vashj, pop an ironshieldpot stoneform, and shortly after that lay on hands, we down the naga's shortly after and stabilize the fight, every single stun she did got grounded by our resident elemental shaman and we ended up killing flawlessly (no more deaths etc :>), basicly we got through a sure wipe scenario because holy shield has 8 charges, felt great to be a tonkadin that time! Also doing that removed the last doubts some of my guild members had about paladin tanks (I hope!).
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Daven » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:04 pm

downed leotherass for the first time :D but no sword for me :(
For the glory of the fallen reign of Lordaeron, by the light, in memory of Uther!
Daven

Postby Lynk » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:49 pm

was OT to our guilds best MT (my prot pally is an alt). cleared to vashj for next monday, and downed alar - will complete the rest of the instance on our mains.
Lynk

Postby Robbyneri » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:01 pm

Tanked Lurker Below in our Firstkill. :D
Tank because it's Fun!

Robbyneri

Postby quoll » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:54 pm

Full kara clear

Hello new belt! \o/
quoll

Postby Mortehl » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:04 pm

Finally, for the love of god I am 100% totally, undeniably, go to hell completely done with frigging Karazhan.

Finally go the Wrynn Dynasty Greaves tonight. To put it in perspective, I've run kara enough times to have all 3 sets of the T4 from Kara ( :shock: ) before this drop and I've run about two different sets of guild alts all the way through. Of course with my luck, Fathom Lord will finally drop Champion tomorrow night now.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Ills » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:21 pm

Soloed High Priestess Arlokk

5 Petrified Lichen Guards...

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff23 ... Arlokk.jpg
Every fight is like Sartura, only without the screaming and the dying.
Ills

Postby Hollyhell » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:26 am

are you saying you went through 5 petrified lichen guards?
Hollyhell

Postby Nikolaos » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:59 am

haha that's genius got to try that, and would therefore also like to know anwser to previous question ^ hehe
Nikolaos

Postby eia » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:37 am

Downed Gruul again last night with me MT:ing, but due to bad luck during silence, I died at 60%. Bear OT picked it up, with the other bear starting to eat strikes, so we downed him anyway. :P

The shield finally dropped, and the warrior who is guild MT1 (who is the only one I would pass for, since I'm MT2), wasn't there, so I got it! :D
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby Ills » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:13 am

Yeah, I burned through 5 Petrified Lichen Guards, though a couple had a little durability left. Could probably cut the number down if I had shield spikes on all of them, but I was being cheap.

On my successful attempt, I had the buffs shown in the pic (BoSanc I found to cut incoming dmg by half, which is very useful when she stuns you). I also used my Sun Eater with mongoose, because I wasn't doing too much holy damage (top 3 damage sources were Spore Cloud, BoSanc, then melee), and the avoidance, dps, and high attack speed of that sword were great.

I personally wouldn't try it without my Figurine of the Colossus. Reserve its use for when she's in were-panther form; that's really the only time I took damage. When she was in caster form I used JoW/SoR (to try to kill her faster), and when she was gone I just used JoL/SoL to regen.
Last edited by Ills on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ills

Postby Hollyhell » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:14 am

Ills wrote:Yeah, I burned through 5 Petrified Lichen Guards, though a couple had a little durability left. Could probably cut the number down if I had shield spikes on all of them, but I was being cheap.

On my successful attempt, I had the buffs shown in the pic (BoSanc I found to cut incoming dmg by half, which is very useful when she stuns you). I also used my Sun Eater with mongoose, because I wasn't doing too much holy damage (top 3 damage sources were Spore Cloud, BoSanc, then melee), and the avoidance, dps, and high attack speed of that sword were great.

I personally wouldn't try it without my Figurine of the Colossus. Reserve it's use for when she's in were-panther form; that's really the only time I took damage. When she was in caster form I used JoW/SoR (to try to kill her faster), and when she was gone I just used JoL/SoL to regen.

meh, i'll take a pocket healer i guess.
Hollyhell

Postby Ills » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:27 am

Hollyhell wrote:meh, i'll take a pocket healer i guess.

But if your pocket healer gets the mark, the panthers will tear him to shreds (unless you're bringing another prot pally). :wink:
Ills

Postby Ciandin » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:31 am

Ills wrote:Soloed High Priestess Arlokk

5 Petrified Lichen Guards...

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff23 ... Arlokk.jpg

Is that the panther boss in ZG? Its been awhile
Ciandin

PreviousNext

Return to General