Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Aelys » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:16 pm

This might not be anything big but im 2 tempest keep runs away from 12k health and 13k armor unbuffed while remaining uncrushable... PRE KARA!

Now all i need to do is let people know that a pally can hold it down to secure a tanking position in kara which might be tricky... also retire my warlock main... which might also be tricky i tripled all the dps which was pretty sad... and im not over exagerating :S better guild perhaps?
Aelys

Postby Thels » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:46 pm

iliya wrote:First Nightbane kill for me, second for the guild, making the second Kara clear for the guild. :)

Also, I got my tier 4 helm, and now I can shelve my tankatronic goggles.... what am I saying?!?

T4? :S

Aren't like all 3 Engineering helms better than the T4 helms?
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Solthas » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:23 am

Finally got a pocket-watch, now just need a handful more (relatively) minor kara upgrades and I'm set for 25 mans...
Solthas

Postby Lightbeard » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:59 am

I hit uncritttable 2% away from uncrushable gotta test with kings. Also i got top dmg in my SL group
Lightbeard

Postby Liania » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:43 am

Tanked Prince for the first time :D 1 shotted ftw.
Liania

Postby Nikolaos » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:19 pm

WooO! Boots of Elusion finally :) A kind new warrior passed on them :)
Nikolaos

Postby EvilSanta » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:45 pm

well, clearly I'm on a totally different level to most of you since my brag hardly cuts it compared to the kara and raid stuff you all get up to. But anyway, I got my first "you're an uber tank" pst today, on my first SL run as MT.

First off on Blackheart, only me and a resto shammy were alive as he hit the 33% mark and we killed him. Second on Vorpil no-one died and I didn't lose aggro once.

Got quite a few "omg" party messages at the end of the run, to which I replied "well you know what to say the next time you hear someone say pally's can't tank"

It's not much, but it sure put a big ole' smile on my face :)
EvilSanta

Nightbane, Bubble method!

Postby Candria » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:24 am

I had read about using bubbles/Trinket to avoid NB fear, but our raids always seem to have a fearward so I never got a chance to try it out as well as the fact that it seemed... well kinda crazy! This last Kara clear we did not have a fearward, so with only NB left we decided to call one of our warriors in to replace me. He was a good 10 mins away so I asked the raid for 1 shot at NB, I wanted to try out the bubble method. I didn't really explain to the raid what I was going to do, but they hesitantly agreed. As NB landed someone in vent called out, "this isn't going to go well.." The fight went almost as smooth as with fearward, with just a bit more button clicking on my part.

The raid was well... speechless. I hadn't gone into any details of what I was doing so people were pretty befuddled. Even after I explained what I did there was still a lot of amazement.

I had always considered NB an unfriendly fight for paladin tanks as I thought we required a fearward or at the least tremor totems. But having downed him without either, I would say that Paladin tanks can perform better than warrior tanks on this fight. I know that I outgear the encounter, but the fact that I can tank NB without the fearward crutch as well as tank all of the adds with no difficulty(something 1 Prot warrior would have more difficulty with) really suprized me.

I wonder if Blizzard ever envisioned Paladin tanks using this technic to down NB? Anyway... I'm happy.
Candria

Postby ulushnar » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:30 am

Just got the last two cards for the Furies deck and also got LC Exalted and the shiney mace! :)
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Sero » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:55 am

Awesome Ulush, feels great to get those 2 last cards :D
<Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU
Sero

Postby Tresjynn » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:36 am

Guild-first Curator kill (on our 4th attempt), then went to chess and tried Aran a couple times. Then I notice that our guild has gone all the way from Attumen about 5 weeks ago to Curator tonight, clearing half of Karazhan's bosses, and has done so with tankadin MT and druid OT the entire way. We've basically had a prot warrior in there just once, back on the first Attumen night, and they died to stables trash mobs.
Two accounts, two tankadins! Raaar.
Tresjynn

Postby Hollyhell » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:52 am

Got the epic boots from Heroic Blood Furnace on my first run. Not a huge success, but still made me happy.
Hollyhell

Postby Aurica » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:03 pm

Got drape of righteousness!

WOOT~
Aurica

Postby Mortehl » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:03 pm

Kind of old news, but I finally tanked frost side of Hydross for the first time tonight. Fun but intense. Woot :D

http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=2e ... 260-5853&m
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Nikolaos » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:00 am

Brought plans for Boots of Protector off AH thanks to a loan from a friend, woot :)
Nikolaos

PreviousNext

Return to General