Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Passionario » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Era wrote:
Passionario wrote:Just accepted a job offer. :)

Congratulations! Tell us more! Or don't, if you don't feel like it! No pressure! :lol:

It's an IP lawyer position in a consulting lawfirm.

Plenty of stress and long hours, but I'm learning tons of new things every day, and the pay's good enough for us to move out of my mom's place and back to our old apartment (which we've been renting out during my job search).
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:40 pm

What is this country in which you live where people offer you jobs and you can even have the luxury to refuse them, I want to live there too
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:38 pm

Worldie wrote:What is this country in which you live where people offer you jobs and you can even have the luxury to refuse them, I want to live there too

How's your accent? Japan loves English teachers. ;)
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Worldie » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:15 am

I believe my English is very close to Mothertongue atm >_>
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Passionario » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:27 pm

Worldie wrote:What is this country in which you live

I'm afraid the answer to this question is better suited to Frustrations thread. :(
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:40 pm

I got my new phone up and running, got Hearthstone installed on it, and it's sooo gooooood. I was so used to my tablet which can't actually run matches (it crashes after a few minutes) and is full of graphical bugs (I only use it to buy packs with Amazon Coins).
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:58 pm

My alts are in trouble...

1) I'll have enough gold by Legion drop (~7M) to last me a few expacs..
2) The profession changes in Legion are not alt-friendly
3) Main toon(s) are going to take a lot more grinding in legion to collect artifact power and legendaries
4) I'm getting into EVE more

Yep, my alts are in big trouble. Probably only going to level 2 toons. tops.

(and yes, I'm aware this is in successes... :D
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Era » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:46 am

Success: MAINTANKADIN IS BACK UP HELLO FRIENDS
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Dion » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:06 am

Era wrote:Success: MAINTANKADIN IS BACK UP HELLO FRIENDS

Indeed, much appriciated. Thanks Sab and Aergis(?). WORLDIE, STOP BREAKING FORUMS!
Dion

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:53 pm

I really missed this place!
:(
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak (Retired)
Klaudandus - BE Protection/Retribution Paladin, Feathermoon (Active)
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:36 pm

Have less than 24 hours until my game time runs out. Started this morning with about 52k gold on my account; logged out tonight with around 74k. I'm almost within reach of another wow token, just need my auctions to sell overnight...
Most of the gold came from running old raids, plus selling off some herbs, ore and Felblight I'd stocked up. I'm also changing my habits so I get more gold out of my stuff, as I've been wasting it (like DEing everything instead of vendoring the stuff that's worth more).

Now that I've figured out I can get more gold like this, I can do better next month and not have this struggle.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:04 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Have less than 24 hours until my game time runs out. Started this morning with about 52k gold on my account; logged out tonight with around 74k. I'm almost within reach of another wow token, just need my auctions to sell overnight...
Most of the gold came from running old raids, plus selling off some herbs, ore and Felblight I'd stocked up. I'm also changing my habits so I get more gold out of my stuff, as I've been wasting it (like DEing everything instead of vendoring the stuff that's worth more).

Now that I've figured out I can get more gold like this, I can do better next month and not have this struggle.

Converting GR to gold may help as well.

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:48 am

Thanks for the tip - turned my resources across my toons into 14 stacks of Draenic Dust which sold quickly.

Just bought my WoW Token for 83.7k. Could've been 83.3k, but it was on its way down and I gave it an extra 10 minutes to see if it would go under 83. I have 6000g left over. New game time expires on the 2nd day of my holiday, so I'll probably let it lapse for the rest of that week.
KysenMurrin

Postby Dion » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:23 am

halabar wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Have less than 24 hours until my game time runs out. Started this morning with about 52k gold on my account; logged out tonight with around 74k. I'm almost within reach of another wow token, just need my auctions to sell overnight...

Converting GR to gold may help as well.

Convert Primal Spirts to Savage Bloods if you have them.
Dion

Postby halabar » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:54 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Thanks for the tip - turned my resources across my toons into 14 stacks of Draenic Dust which sold quickly.

Just bought my WoW Token for 83.7k. Could've been 83.3k, but it was on its way down and I gave it an extra 10 minutes to see if it would go under 83. I have 6000g left over. New game time expires on the 2nd day of my holiday, so I'll probably let it lapse for the rest of that week.

Nice. Dust is the best one usually.

Once the prepatch drops, things are gonna be a lot different. The gold missions will be gone, but there will be many more GR missions in the garrison. Wondering how well all these WoD materials will sell. I'm keeping most of my alts in their garrisons, and will have 7-8 tailors, just making hexweave bags, until the prices on those are low enough that I can't be bothered.

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:07 am

Yeah, dust has the highest market price, and I had the vendor that sells it for 4 resources each. Pretty good rate.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:05 am

I finally managed to successfully login!
Passionario

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:19 pm

Pokemon Go is out!

Okay... so it's not "officially" released in the US and Japan, but it's in the app stores (and some people can actually use it without issues).

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/5/121024 ... -available
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:09 am

I downloaded it myself. Love it, and actually at least gives a incentive to get out of the cave :P

Sadly, it's a pretty big memory hog, and bracelets are sold out already :|

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:33 pm

Give it time, I'm sure there will be more bracelets.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:15 am

First and far most important success: my wife is done with chemo, and is recovering from all that stuff.

2: This place is back.
3: Still enjoying EVE.

halabar

Postby Nooska » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:38 am

Really really chumped at the first and foremost" YAY!
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby halabar » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:10 am

Nooska wrote:Really really chumped at the first and foremost" YAY!

TY, it's been a long road, but she's finally at the "see the doctor again in 6 months" stage.

halabar

Postby Passionario » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:48 pm

Congratulations! :D
Passionario

Postby Dion » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:16 am

halabar wrote:
Nooska wrote:Really really chumped at the first and foremost" YAY!

TY, it's been a long road, but she's finally at the "see the doctor again in 6 months" stage.

Grats.
Dion

PreviousNext

Return to General