Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:29 pm

cdan wrote:Testify, Teranoid. My last day is next Tuesday and I've barely played for the last 3-4 weeks. Will be my third /subquit, but I get the feeling that this will be a permanent one.

I've arrived at the Murtaugh Conclusion.

That's where I hit with the announcement / reveal of MoP.

I'm just curious, how old are you? Curious if I am/was truly too old for this shit.
Shoju

Postby cdan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:50 pm

Shoju wrote:
cdan wrote:Testify, Teranoid. My last day is next Tuesday and I've barely played for the last 3-4 weeks. Will be my third /subquit, but I get the feeling that this will be a permanent one.

I've arrived at the Murtaugh Conclusion.

That's where I hit with the announcement / reveal of MoP.

I'm just curious, how old are you? Curious if I am/was truly too old for this shit.

I am the ultimate answer, froody beyond comprehension and aware of where my towel is. :wink:
cdan

Postby Teranoid » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:47 pm

It's really a no brainer for me this time around because I realized:

-PvP in this game is a dumpster fire that has somehow burned brightly for almost 10 years with not a single dev in sight even knowing how to use a fire extinguisher.
-Guild got murdered during the holidays with attendance and is basically on life support. It will more than likely die in the next 2 weeks because of myself and 2-3 others not wanting to bother with putting in 200+ wipes to kill the last 3 bosses and potentially dealing with six more months of Icecrown Dragon Siege when a gear reset will happen soon after anyway essentially rendering this time wasted basically the same way we essentially wasted all of December on Thok.
-I tried to convince myself raiding was worth it if I stopped playing my shaman and I ended up logging after Galakras because I just did not care.
-You can only level so many alts until you realize you're lying to yourself about how much fun you're actually having.

I basically transferred my hunter for essentially no reason especially with the free 90 in Warlords when in reality I should have saved my money and stopped having delusions of this guild actually caring and DOING instead of TALKING about it. I had planned on cancelling till the expansion when progression was over regardless but between replacing people and having Thok have to be a re-progression fight I just do not have it in me to care anymore.

Man that felt good to say.
Teranoid

Postby Amirya » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:37 am

I think I've finally broken a little bit of my writer's block. Started spewing into Word tonight, but frustration is that I auto-edit as I go, I can't stand the red/green squiggly lines of fuck-off.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:07 am

Turn it off for current document til you are ready to go editing?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Xfighter » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:22 am

Finally managed to recover from the holidays with everyone back home and raiding, so we were finally able to down heroic paragons the other night (after killing siegecrafter right before the holidays started..). Finally starting work on Garrosh :)
Xfighter

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:00 am

Don't know if this is a success or not, but my game time expired... I can't remember my account password... and I'm not really all that fussed about not being able to play.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Arnock » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Shot a handgun for the first time yesterday, it was fun.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Sagara » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:30 am

Never shot a gun in my life, I can't help but wonder...

My turn: day 111 since I last played - and not a single care in the world :D
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Nooska » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:43 am

I've fired handguns at the "kids" summer activities when I was eligeble to go to that (up to 7th grade I think) - at the shooting range where you could enroll to keep doing it and such.
I've shired shotguns while taking my hunting license (which is sitll current even though I haven't shot a gun since I qualified, so I should not be allowed to actually go on a hunt before some serious practise and a gun of my own so I can get some ractise that makes sense)

Frustration about that; a shotgun costs a minor fortune. A Gun safe (which , apart from being a good idea, is mandatory) is affordable, but I don't actually have anywhere I can put it (and have it comply with requirements for 10 cm / 4" or penetrating bolts) without it also being in the way and a serious eye-sore.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Era » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:46 pm

Nooska wrote:Frustration about that; a shotgun costs a minor fortune. A Gun safe (which , apart from being a good idea, is mandatory) is affordable, but I don't actually have anywhere I can put it (and have it comply with requirements for 10 cm / 4" or penetrating bolts) without it also being in the way and a serious eye-sore.

Gone are the days when you'd just mount it on the wall, eh? :P
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Newsom » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:58 pm

8/14 hc in the alt 10 man! :D Malkorok was the first time I missed paladin mobility as a warrior.
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Fetzie » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:37 pm

Newsom wrote:8/14 hc in the alt 10 man! :D Malkorok was the first time I missed paladin mobility as a warrior.

On the other hand, every time I tank Iron Juggernaut on my Paladin I wish I had Heroic Leap, Charge and Intervene :/
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Kal » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:11 pm

And whenever I tank on my Warrior I wish I had HoP and DS.
"There is no such thing as luck; there is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."
- Robert A. Heinlein
Kal

Postby Arnock » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:34 pm

Nooska wrote:I've fired handguns at the "kids" summer activities when I was eligeble to go to that (up to 7th grade I think) - at the shooting range where you could enroll to keep doing it and such.
I've shired shotguns while taking my hunting license (which is sitll current even though I haven't shot a gun since I qualified, so I should not be allowed to actually go on a hunt before some serious practise and a gun of my own so I can get some ractise that makes sense)

Frustration about that; a shotgun costs a minor fortune. A Gun safe (which , apart from being a good idea, is mandatory) is affordable, but I don't actually have anywhere I can put it (and have it comply with requirements for 10 cm / 4" or penetrating bolts) without it also being in the way and a serious eye-sore.

Odd, when I was at summer camps as a kid, we were able to shoot rifles/shotguns, but never hand guns.

Out of curiosity, where are you that you're required to have a safe?
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

PreviousNext

Return to General