Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby culhag » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:39 am

Worldie wrote:Is it possible to solo Bloodlord? Doesn't he oneshot you?

He used to but that got changed in 5.1 or 5.2.
You could bubble it, though.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:44 am

I purchased a microtransaction in a game, that wasn't related to making the game easier to play (stash space).
You should all be proud of me for doing this, since I was such a staunch "anti micreotransaction" type of person for so long.
Shoju

Postby Era » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:17 am

Shoju wrote:I purchased a microtransaction in a game, that wasn't related to making the game easier to play (stash space).
You should all be proud of me for doing this, since I was such a staunch "anti micreotransaction" type of person for so long.

So this is more a "success for the community as a whole and the business of micro transactions" thing? :D
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby bldavis » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:14 am

Shoju wrote:I purchased a microtransaction in a game, that wasn't related to making the game easier to play (stash space).

how much and how much more space? (i might be interested in it as well)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Era » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:11 pm

I don't even care about whether it's "right" or not in a game with a subscription anymore, at this point if I could buy bank storage tabs in WoW (not just goddamn bag slots, but actual tabs) I would be throwing my money at Blizzard. Money dipped in bitterness and a slight dab of resentment, but money still.

My banks and bags and storages are BRIMMING with transmog stuff. I've thrown out anything I can re-farm from a dungeon or early raid, and just kept things that are relatively hard or actually impossible to re-acquire. Still don't have nearly enough space. :(
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Shoju » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:14 am

bldavis wrote:

how much and how much more space? (i might be interested in it as well)

I normally purchase the $20 pack of points. That's 200 points.

Stash Tabs, are 6 more tabs for 175 points, but you can catch them on sale for far less.
Premium Stash tabs, which allow you to name them, and change their color are 200 points for 6. I purchased one pack of these on sale, as I use them as "headers" for the areas of my stash. Currency, For Sale, Flasks, Uniques, Gems, Vendor trash, are all labeled, and then have other tabs behind them. All told, I have purchased ~24 extra tabs, but that's because I'm a packrat.

This weekend, I purchased the Seraph Wing Skin for a skill that I use, because it's freaking awesome, and I bought the Ivory Weapon Glow. Those two transactions set me back ~165 points total, with the Skin being the bulk of the points.

I was really just trying to find a way to continue to support the game, without purchasing the supporter packs, since nothing in the supporter pack interests me. You pay ~10 bucks more for the basic pack, and get a forum title, a "back piece (fancy shield that stays static on your back), a digital copy of the soundtrack, and a "skin" for your portals. I don't care about any of that.

Now, if I could save the cash to get in on the next round of "design a unique" supporter packs, I'd do that. But they are normally $1,000 +, and limited supply. I'm just not going to drop that kind of cash on a game as an impulse buy.

Still having a blast in the game, even if my "main" (can you have mains in an ARPG?) is feeling a little boring to play. I've got the spec worked out pretty frekkin' great, and at this point, I really only press Q, or W, depending on if it's single target, or AoE, and then either 1-3 are health flasks, and 4-5 are my armor flasks. Once I get back into running challenging content, that will change for sure, but I'm trying to stockpile the "hard" maps, for when I get more levels, and I'm looking for more XP. I figure at this point, i'll keep running the intro maps until I run out, or hit 80, whichever comes first.
Shoju

Postby Xfighter » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:25 am

After multiple sub 15% wipes on Siegecrafter 10H on Wednesday and then losing our second tank due to him leaving for a vacation from Thursday till this coming Sunday, we finally managed to score a kill last night.

We were pretty worried starting on Sunday seeing as one of our main belt DPS is our 3rd tank (544 ilvl), and previous pulls showing us that our DK wasnt able to get the belts consistently, it was seeming unlikely. Spent Sunday relearning while they both learned new roles, to finally push through and score the kill after something stupid like 330 wipes. (Roster consistency/impacts of internet issues causing a chunk of those - but that's for the frustrations topic :p)
Xfighter

Postby culhag » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:04 pm

Garrosh 25-H killed !
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:39 pm

gratz culhag!
and ty for the info shoju, i will look into when i get some more money

def having a blast with my maurader that is based around life steal and massive 2 hd weapons lol

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Newsom » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:08 pm

50% haste without using any trinkets or elixirs!
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Andurin » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:54 am

12/12 runestones :D Going to poke the Thunder King tonight to get his heart and see how far I can get to my cloak ^^ And I have no idea what it is I have to do yet so dont spoil it :p
Andurin

Postby lythac » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:52 am

Andurin wrote:12/12 runestones :D Going to poke the Thunder King tonight to get his heart and see how far I can get to my cloak ^^ And I have no idea what it is I have to do yet so dont spoil it :p

Bring Wrathion a Bolt of Wool, a Hillman's Cloak, Fine Thread and 10 clumps of Yeti Fur. He then knits you a cloak
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Andurin » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:04 am

lythac wrote:
Andurin wrote:12/12 runestones :D Going to poke the Thunder King tonight to get his heart and see how far I can get to my cloak ^^ And I have no idea what it is I have to do yet so dont spoil it :p

Bring Wrathion a Bolt of Wool, a Hillman's Cloak, Fine Thread and 10 clumps of Yeti Fur. He then knits you a cloak

omg :( Spoilers! But I would laugh really hard if it turns out to be that...
Andurin

Postby Ironshield » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:09 am

Finally seen Garrosh go down. It was only on Flex unfortunately as I got benched during normal kill (which we got before the flex one ... go figure) but nice to finally see the cut scene.
Ironshield

Postby Worldie » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:31 am

You are done with the hard part, the remaining questline is actually enjoyable and you should be sporting orange pixels within a day :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General