Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Worldie » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:51 pm

I've never been a fan of nitro boosts. Dont you risk a retarded dot with it?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:54 pm

Worldie wrote:I've never been a fan of nitro boosts. Dont you risk a retarded dot with it?

Don't they explode and send you flying high enough into the air that you take fatal falling damage?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby theckhd » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:29 pm

I think they removed the "launch up in air" failure mode. Or at least, I've never seen it during combat. It's usually the DoT failure mode, and as a tank it's not really that big a deal. I'm usually using it in situations where I'm not tanking something, like soaking fissures on Sha of Pride or orbs on Malkorok. Or during run-backs after wipes. And as long as Divine Shield isn't needed to clear debuffs during the fight, you can just remove it if it fails.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Fetzie » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:26 pm

My hunter has been exploded into the air when trying to get from one side of the Shrine to the other.
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Andurin » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:08 am

Love those boosts together with Speed of Light ^^

1. Enter dungeon.
2. Say Hi in /i
3. Activate Speed of Light
4. Engage Nitro boost
5. Either, fly up and look silly (and glide down with the goblin rocket glider or DC if you crash headfirst into a roof), or run reaaaaally fast and be halfway through the dungeon when the others catch up ^^

My blood elf paladin dinged 90 this weekend and i`m back into tanking with it again ^^ Got some timeless isle gear and just need something to replace my 414 shield... Its just not working that well in raid finder (Only did Dread approach so far).
Andurin

Postby Fetzie » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:33 am

Andurin wrote:Love those boosts together with Speed of Light ^^

1. Enter dungeon.
2. Say Hi in /i
3. Activate Speed of Light
4. Engage Nitro boost
5. Either, fly up and look silly (and glide down with the goblin rocket glider or DC if you crash headfirst into a roof), or run reaaaaally fast and be halfway through the dungeon when the others catch up ^^

My blood elf paladin dinged 90 this weekend and i`m back into tanking with it again ^^ Got some timeless isle gear and just need something to replace my 414 shield... Its just not working that well in raid finder (Only did Dread approach so far).

The crafted 463 shield only requires something like 15 Ghost Iron Bars.

Fetzie

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:44 am

There's also a crafted 476 blue shield (it has crit, but w/e), and the epic 476 shield for 10k coins on the isle.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Andurin » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:22 am

Is that the one where you need to be lucky and craft the blue one instead of the normal green one? I tried that a couple of times last night but only got greens out of that...

And Worldie: No thank you, i`m not gathering ANOTHER 10k coins :p The first 10k where enough to get the weapon :p
Andurin

Postby Fetzie » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:31 am

Fetzie

Postby econ21 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:52 pm

And you want the crafted PVP one ofc. Shout out in trade for a BS: chances are, someone will have learnt it (we are all completionists) but have given up trying to sell craftable blues in the AH (Timeless Isle sank that market).
econ21

Postby Andurin » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:17 am

Thanks Fetzie, I think I can get the pattern for the first one :) And Econ21, the market on Aggramar EU wasnt a whole lot to begin with I think :p At least panda herbs and ores still sell quite well ^^

My success of this morning: While waiting for Windows updates, I ran into some legendary pokemon in a huge cave in Pokemon Y, and I caught it in only 2 tries ^^ Then the updates were done and I could continue to zap things on my shaman :p
Andurin

Postby Xfighter » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:34 am

Guild managed an impressively fast Thok 10H kill, after a total of ~2 nights or less worth of attempts. Managed to improve from a US 126 10-man Spoils back to a US 76 kill, after being sub 80 on most of our other kills this Tier (Which is a massive boost from being ~2-2.5k West throughout ToT heroics till the very end)
Xfighter

Postby econ21 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:47 am

I am actually enjoying LFR: as usual when a new tier comes out[1], it's a struggle but psychologically at least, quite rewarding. Took my priest to heal LFR Garrosh and killed him after 5 attempts. Even though I've never even killed Garrosh on Flex and there were much more experienced players in the group, I got promoted to RL (as I could put down raid markers and was mouthy, plus all the other RLs/assists eventually left!). The raid was good humoured and it felt like progression, as we got closer every effort. Someone said LFR now is no quicker and no easier than Flex, given the gear/skill of the respective groups, and it's true, but also means that LFR can be quite fulfilling if people resist the urge to rage.

[1] By contrast, it's quite remarkable how smooth Lei Shen is now on LFR: always a one shot. Yes, people outgear it but also the tanks know the fight well and the organisation of groups etc is properly done.
econ21

Postby Kelerei » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:02 am

Dark Shaman down. Tried around three pulls with a 2 tank strategy, then switched to 3 tanking and killed it a few pulls later.

Had time afterwards for two pulls on Nazgrim, and hit a 4% enrage on the second one. We'll get it next week.
Kelerei

Postby bldavis » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:54 am

further proof i need a girlfriend or something...

i now have 15 90s..

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

PreviousNext

Return to General