Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:06 am

Kelerei wrote:Galakras and Iron Juggernaut down in the same night. :D

gratz, and GL on shamans

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby bldavis » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:07 am

Jabari wrote:Well, we finally got Garrosh normal down last night.

Doesn't feel like much of a success. We'd had 50-ish wipes over three weeks, and had a couple people drop from the group after a 600k HP wipe (where some things were said over mumble out of frustration that probably shouldn't have been). Someone talked them off the ledge - we got the group back together and got it on the second pull after that, about 45 minutes after the raid was supposed to end.

gotta love raid nights like that, and gratz on garrosh!

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:31 pm

19 in monitor repair success!

Saved myself a good 100 bucks
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:43 pm

no one was online, so we decided to 9 man raid tonight, cleared everything we had killed so far (up to iron juggernaut) and about half way through trash for shamans, we had a healer log in, so decided to drag her in and we one shot shamans..

we are now 7/14N

bldavis

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:02 am

Promoted to partner in our group. Yeehaw!
Cogglamp

Postby beornus » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:14 am

Cogglamp wrote:Promoted to partner in our group. Yeehaw!

OUTSTANDING! Grats, bud
beornus
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:20 am

That moment in LFR, when someone full of himself flames the tanks for his own errors, without knowing that the tanks were me and a friend of mine queued toghether, and we just left the raid toghether knowing it'll take them 20 mins to get new tanks ^_^
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:16 pm

Worldie wrote:That moment in LFR, when someone full of himself flames the tanks for his own errors, without knowing that the tanks were me and a friend of mine queued toghether, and we just left the raid toghether knowing it'll take them 20 mins to get new tanks ^_^

and that is the reason why i dont do LFR as a tank without a co tank in vent at least with me

personal success, 4pc get!

bldavis

Postby Teranoid » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:44 pm

It's amazing what a change of scenery can do for your outlook on things as dumb as a video game.
Teranoid

Postby Amirya » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:40 pm

Killed Garrosh in a flex raid tonight. Only two wipes, too, due to Iron Stars (first one, raid leader forgot to assign someone to handle one of the siege engineers; second one, said assigned person forgot to kill said siege engineer). Ended up with a headpiece, and bonus roll gave me a mace, but I have one lol
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:47 am

bldavis wrote:
Worldie wrote:That moment in LFR, when someone full of himself flames the tanks for his own errors, without knowing that the tanks were me and a friend of mine queued toghether, and we just left the raid toghether knowing it'll take them 20 mins to get new tanks ^_^

and that is the reason why i dont do LFR as a tank without a co tank in vent at least with me

Funniest thing was, we both went out for a coffee and came back 30 mins later, requeued toghether, got a fresh P4 SoO run again, which I led and happily oneshot all 3 bosses with compliments for tanking for both (we both had < 500 ilvl and tiny bit more than 700k HP buffed (full haste ftw!)).

I have to agree Blackfuse and Garrosh LFR are stupidly punishing for tanks who barely got the ilvl though. Luckily both me and my friend have been heroic-level tanks for several years and know our stuff, but I can see a "non professional" tank having a lot of trouble staying alive on those without ougearing it.

p.s. non related, anyone mind giving a look to my Pala and telling me if I'm doin something wrong? ^_^
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... i/advanced
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amirya » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:30 am

Worldie wrote:p.s. non related, anyone mind giving a look to my Pala and telling me if I'm doin something wrong? ^_^

You're missing engineering tinkers on belt and gloves.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:09 am

Do they even do anything useful for a tank?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:25 am

Worldie wrote:
bldavis wrote:

Funniest thing was, we both went out for a coffee and came back 30 mins later, requeued toghether, got a fresh P4 SoO run again, which I led and happily oneshot all 3 bosses with compliments for tanking for both (we both had < 500 ilvl and tiny bit more than 700k HP buffed (full haste ftw!)).

I have to agree Blackfuse and Garrosh LFR are stupidly punishing for tanks who barely got the ilvl though. Luckily both me and my friend have been heroic-level tanks for several years and know our stuff, but I can see a "non professional" tank having a lot of trouble staying alive on those without ougearing it.

p.s. non related, anyone mind giving a look to my Pala and telling me if I'm doin something wrong? ^_^

I prefer Windsong over Dancing Steel.
I prefer Unbreakable Spirit over Hand of Purity.
Use the Austere Primal Diamond (2% armor + stamina) instead of the Effulgent.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby theckhd » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Worldie wrote:Do they even do anything useful for a tank?

Nitro belt is useful to everyone. The glove enchant is mostly just a DPS/Avoidance boost, but it's still better than not using it.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

PreviousNext

Return to General