Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:14 am

lythac wrote:
Worldie wrote:Those who "never fail" are top end hc raiders :P

I thought those who never failed but just did normals were "Elite Real Raiders"? :p

Ask yourself, if they never stand in stuff or fail in a mechanic, why are they doing just normals? :mrgreen:
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby lythac » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:20 am

Worldie wrote:
lythac wrote:
Worldie wrote:Those who "never fail" are top end hc raiders :P

I thought those who never failed but just did normals were "Elite Real Raiders"? :p

Ask yourself, if they never stand in stuff or fail in a mechanic, why are they doing just normals? :mrgreen:

Time constraints. Odd raid time availability. Aging ex-heroic players who do not want WoW to take over their lives. Playing with friends who are not so good. Returning players.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:46 am

lythac wrote:Time constraints. Odd raid time availability. Aging ex-heroic players who do not want WoW to take over their lives. Playing with friends who are not so good. Returning players.

This.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:52 am

and maybe they just dont want to do heroics and are fine with being more "casual" and sticking with normals

and as far as i can tell, it was some of the people that hadnt seen the fight before that didnt spread in time. we have a rotating raid roster, which makes for fun times some times

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Teranoid » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:02 am

People still think heroic raiding means no lifeing?

That's cute.
Teranoid

Postby Sagara » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:07 am

Teranoid wrote:People still think heroic raiding means no lifeing?

That's cute.

What he said. And yes, I'll stick to my guns even after stopping because I didn't have enough time - I'm fairly certain I could have made it through, but chose for an easier path.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby culhag » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:26 pm

Thok 25-H dead ! woohoo !
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:04 pm

That's cute.

just like there are some that believe anyone not doing heroics is a bloody casual and not worth being called a raider :wink:
(no i dont mean you Teranoid, just using your quote)

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Sagara » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:13 pm

bldavis wrote:

That's cute.

just like there are some that believe anyone not doing heroics is a bloody casual and not worth being called a raider :wink:
(no i dont mean you Teranoid, just using your quote)

Let's just keep that discussion short: there are assholes everywhere :-p

Sagara

Postby bldavis » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:13 am

bldavis

Postby Sagara » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:19 am

Wanted to avoid the obvious Spaceballs joke ;-)

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:26 am

That's cute.

This so much, I've been in several hc guilds who could clear hc content with 8 hour raid per week, hardly "no lifing".

lythac wrote:Time constraints.

nonsense Lythac. Heroic clear and normal clear take exactly same time assuming people "never fail" as stated some posts earlier.

What I said earlier though, which you prolly missed to read, was about a reply saying that "I thought normal raiders never failed at any mechanic and were a elite", to which I replied "If you are that good and never fail a mechanic, why exactly are you still doing normal when you could steamroll heroic as well? Normal raiders are actual people who do errors but have enough IQ to socialize and teamwork" :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby cdan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:35 am

Time availability is a very big issue in my opinion. Not the lack of it, but the predictability of available time. I can't raid at regular times and I cannot guarantee a regular time window even on weekend - so I don't bother trying. Lots of people are bound by similar time constraints.
cdan

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:09 am

cdan wrote:Time availability is a very big issue in my opinion. Not the lack of it, but the predictability of available time. I can't raid at regular times and I cannot guarantee a regular time window even on weekend - so I don't bother trying. Lots of people are bound by similar time constraints.

I think it's more this than being a no-lifer.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:31 am

Yes but in those situations you aren't a normal raider either, cause you can't commit to a regular schedule. And the whole fuss was about the "difference" between a normal and hc raider, not about a raider and a non raider :P
If you have the time / reliability to be a normal raider, you can also be a hc raider with the same schedule.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General