Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Sagara » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:46 pm

Teranoid wrote:Spoils is one of those fights where when you're learning it you're like "jesus christ" and then once you realize which boxes to open when you say "wow this is ridiculously easy"

Yeah. But it's actually so easy and hectic, it's a lot of fun to make a race with the other tank out of it. I guess there's the concept of controlling the flow ourselves and havin the rest of the team playing keep up...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Teranoid » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:56 am

Yeah for a while we split into two mumble channels and when one of us would finish ours we'd pop in and shit talk the other team. It's probably one of my favorite encounters.
Teranoid

Postby Fetzie » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:27 am

Teranoid wrote:Yeah for a while we split into two mumble channels and when one of us would finish ours we'd pop in and shit talk the other team. It's probably one of my favorite encounters.

The achievement makes it a lot more interesting :D You have to be done quite a lot early to give the raid time to use the hooks to get up on the central platform, then one final member of each team hits the lever and joins the rest of the raid on the other side.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Shoju » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:21 pm

Took Second Place in the Fan Vote today at a Chili Cook off for my White Chicken Chili.

I realized, that at a chili cookoff, judges, and "chili purists" hate White Chicken Chili. It's the devil to them. it's not Beef, and fat, and kidney beans, and all the rest of the crap that they feel makes real chili. The crowd loved it. I went with 12 qts worth, and left with less than 2, and had great comments from everyone there.

I only agreed to do the cook off for my boss, because it was the kick off event for her new local business group, and all the proceeds went to a local business group that works to make sure that any woman who has breast cancer, can get the bras, artificial breats, wigs, head wraps, etc... that they need. So, Cancer, and local. I can get behind that.
Shoju

Postby Nakama » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:48 pm

Shoju wrote:Took Second Place in the Fan Vote today at a Chili Cook off for my White Chicken Chili.

I realized, that at a chili cookoff, judges, and "chili purists" hate White Chicken Chili. It's the devil to them. it's not Beef, and fat, and kidney beans, and all the rest of the crap that they feel makes real chili. The crowd loved it. I went with 12 qts worth, and left with less than 2, and had great comments from everyone there.

I only agreed to do the cook off for my boss, because it was the kick off event for her new local business group, and all the proceeds went to a local business group that works to make sure that any woman who has breast cancer, can get the bras, artificial breats, wigs, head wraps, etc... that they need. So, Cancer, and local. I can get behind that.

My wife made White Chicken Chili the other night and I love the stuff. Good on you for helping make breast cancer a little easier to deal with. :)

--Jed
Nakama

Postby Shoju » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Mine ends up looking a little "muddy", because I use Rotisserie Chicken, Roasted Garlic, and a few other things to change it up.

Shoju

Postby Belloc » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:08 pm

Endless Tank Wave 66 down! Wiped on 67 for a score of 6608. That's the top score on the server, #3 US Paladin and #5 West Paladin! :D Now I never have to run PG again!
Belloc

Postby Teranoid » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:35 pm

Garrosh is dead! Heroics this week! Huzzah!
Teranoid

Postby Fetzie » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Shoju wrote:Mine ends up looking a little "muddy", because I use Rotisserie Chicken, Roasted Garlic, and a few other things to change it up.

I use a tomato base sauce and poach the chicken breasts in that and only shred them towards the end.

Although we've started getting beef mince from the butcher (they grind it right in front of you and it is much, much leaner) instead of the supermarket. It is actually slightly cheaper than the "premium" beef mince at the supermarket.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Nooska » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:14 am

Do share recipies, it looks (and sounds) delish.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Jabari » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:34 am

Teranoid wrote:Garrosh is dead! Heroics this week! Huzzah!

I thought you were quitting. :P

Grats, though. :) We got Blackfuse this week (after much pain), so we're getting there.

Agility stuff actually started to drop finally too - I picked up two trinkets, a warforged belt, a wrist, and a neck all this week. The trinkets are Assurance and the multi-strike one, which I think are the top two for BM (I think - hard to find info on that right now though).

On the other hand, as far as I can tell neither Protector nor Vanq tokens exist in the loot tables for SoO. *laugh*

Nooska wrote:Do share recipies, it looks (and sounds) delish.

Seconded!
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Teranoid » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:42 am

For a night or two yeah I actually had thoughts about quitting. A lot of it was pent up frustration from RL that carried over to the game and add a bad night of raiding to the mix and yeah.
Teranoid

Postby bldavis » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Teranoid wrote:For a night or two yeah I actually had thoughts about quitting. A lot of it was pent up frustration from RL that carried over to the game and add a bad night of raiding to the mix and yeah.

we have all been there before, gratz on garrosh and GL in heroics this week!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Andurin » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:33 pm

Did a couple of pet battles last few days. Finished up the northrend one (finally) and blasting through the cata ones aswell. Had to level a few pets but then got through the pandaria grand masters aswell (also got my hat ^^ ) and i`m also done with the pandaren spirits and beat the little guy with the stupid dino.

The goal this week: figure out how bad I am at the celestial tournament and beat the beasts of fable ^^
Andurin

Postby Xfighter » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:22 pm

After last week being kind of a slow week with most spent re-clearing, guild managed to pull it all together for 3 new kills this week! Shamans+Naz heroic last night, with Malkorok tonight with our under-geared 3rd tank (other tank wasn't available), and managed a #1 prot ranking for the Malk progression kill :P .

Spoils looks like a decent fight, will defo be looking at him a bit more before the week is done!
Xfighter

PreviousNext

Return to General