Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Jabari » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:20 am

bldavis wrote:
Jabari wrote:ILVL 608 Cloak #4 acquired.

i want to hear nothing about having 13 90s...
though i might start working on other cloaks when the patch hits...if/when i get more time


Haha fair enough. I was just wondering how you had so many 90s but not a single cloak at the time.

All it means is that I do WAY too many LFRs once they hit 90, which would be a failure instead of a success I guess. :lol:
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:46 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:17 am

locate and acquire a Hearthstone beta key, and the time/effort you have to spend on alts will magically disappear. :-)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Jabari » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:09 pm

halabar wrote:locate and acquire a Hearthstone beta key, and the time/effort you have to spend on alts will magically disappear. :-)

Would love to. Failing so far. Any suggestions for how to get one? :)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:46 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Flex » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:27 pm

I just play other games...

Spec Ops: The Line was the last one I went through and is well worth playing if you play any type of FPS games as the storyline is a really great take on the Modern Military Shooter genre and video game Heros.

Vacation next week will allow me to finish Dishonored, Metro 2033 and Last Light and a few more games I have in my queue.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:35 pm

halabar wrote:locate and acquire a Hearthstone beta key, and the time/effort you have to spend on alts will magically disappear. :-)

or just run out of wow time...
it sucks being broke, but hey i am closing in on my first 80 in GW2! :twisted:
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:38 pm

so my horde guild just finish our legendary collection, got our 2k guild achievement points, and i hit exalted with teh ashen verdict on my dk all in the same run!
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Sagara » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:17 pm

First gold CM in an hour-ish (ToJS) - 2nd try was a trial run on Silver, then Gold on 3rd!
And we're headed back tomorrow for 3 hours!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Fetzie » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:43 pm

Sagara wrote:First gold CM in an hour-ish (ToJS) - 2nd try was a trial run on Silver, then Gold on 3rd!
And we're headed back tomorrow for 3 hours!


Fairly easy ones:
Stormstout brewery is very unforgiving of errors, but otherwise easy.
Gate of the Setting Sun
Siege of Niu'zao Temple
Scholomance
Shado-Pan Monastery

We got gold in Gate of the Setting Sun with three deaths and quite a few mistakes.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Lieris » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:28 am

I finished the legendary sigil quest (I think I was quite lucky to have done it in 3 resets) and I got a panda monk out of the starting zone. How many hours does it take now to get to 85 if fully decked out in heirlooms and are there any new tricks to doing it as fast as possible?
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Fetzie » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:44 am

If you're ever in Valley of the Four Winds, the Saly'in Warscout rare spawn can drop a single-use bound-to-account consumable that gives you +300% experience for an hour on a character (does not persist through death, disappears if you get to 85). That, with the monk +50% experience buff and BoA gear, means you'll push through about 20 levels in that hour.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:58 am

It's not the Warscout. It's Krol the Blade in Dread Wastes.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:59 am

Fetzie wrote:If you're ever in Valley of the Four Winds, the Saly'in Warscout rare spawn can drop a single-use bound-to-account consumable that gives you +300% experience for an hour on a character (does not persist through death, disappears if you get to 85). That, with the monk +50% experience buff and BoA gear, means you'll push through about 20 levels in that hour.


Wrong NPC. Krol the Blade in Dread Wastes drops that. :-)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Fetzie » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:06 am

halabar wrote:
Fetzie wrote:If you're ever in Valley of the Four Winds, the Saly'in Warscout rare spawn can drop a single-use bound-to-account consumable that gives you +300% experience for an hour on a character (does not persist through death, disappears if you get to 85). That, with the monk +50% experience buff and BoA gear, means you'll push through about 20 levels in that hour.


Wrong NPC. Krol the Blade in Dread Wastes drops that. :-)


Ah, you're right.

link to item: http://www.wowhead.com/item=86574
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Worldie » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:20 am

The item from the warscout is actually getting nerfed in 5.4 after all the effort I did to get it :(
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8755
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:45 am

I mentioned something to Rygarius on twitter about the nerf affecting soloing old content and he said he was going to bring that up to the devs at their meeting the next day.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Sagara » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:08 pm

CM Gold for Stormstout!

EDIT: And GotSS :)

EDIT 2: And Shado-pan AND Moshu'gan!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:19 pm

Lieris wrote:I finished the legendary sigil quest (I think I was quite lucky to have done it in 3 resets) and I got a panda monk out of the starting zone. How many hours does it take now to get to 85 if fully decked out in heirlooms and are there any new tricks to doing it as fast as possible?

if you just wnat the shortest possible /played time and not the fasted time period, once you hit 20, do your daily, log out and come back again tomorrow

you can stack up insane amounts of bonus XP that way
not doing that until my horde monk hit 86, i still had less than 3 days level time, and that was through dungeons purely once he was out of the starting zone

with doing quests and full boas, i am pretty sure you could get down to the 20-30 hour range
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:23 pm

Always a good idea to log in and do the Monk class daily even on days you're not going to be levelling, to accumulate time on that xp buff. I levelled pretty slowly at first, and wound up with 9 hours of the buff still remaining when I hit 90.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:27 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Always a good idea to log in and do the Monk class daily even on days you're not going to be levelling, to accumulate time on that xp buff. I levelled pretty slowly at first, and wound up with 9 hours of the buff still remaining when I hit 90.

^^

i had 13 stacks when i finally sat down to level my monk and ended up with 4 left when i hit 90

off topic, but personal success...i now have a max level toon in 2 MMOs..
my engineer hit 80 las...er this morning in GW2
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Lieris » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:48 pm

bldavis wrote:
Lieris wrote:I finished the legendary sigil quest (I think I was quite lucky to have done it in 3 resets) and I got a panda monk out of the starting zone. How many hours does it take now to get to 85 if fully decked out in heirlooms and are there any new tricks to doing it as fast as possible?

if you just wnat the shortest possible /played time and not the fasted time period, once you hit 20, do your daily, log out and come back again tomorrow

you can stack up insane amounts of bonus XP that way
not doing that until my horde monk hit 86, i still had less than 3 days level time, and that was through dungeons purely once he was out of the starting zone

with doing quests and full boas, i am pretty sure you could get down to the 20-30 hour range


Ah that's perfect, I'll go with that. Thank you. :)
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby culhag » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Armored Skyscreamer : Acquired (mount #216 ! )
User avatar
culhag
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am
Location: France

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:26 pm

Last night of pink dinos, shitty debuff pass and whisper macros, OH MY GOD TURTLES THEY'RE FUCKING EVERYWHERE, ice walls and now apparently vanishing anima rings.

See ya later Throne of Thunder!
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Xfighter » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:04 am

Got a solo Galleon before servers went down tonight. Was inspired by Jellos a few days ago on MMO.

Had a 1.6% wipe Saturday to enrage (15 mins), swapped to focused wrath and managed the kill in ~12.5 mins. Reckon its a fight that won't be soloable again for a good few ilvls due to vengeance changes (although the GC change might make up for it...)
Xfighter
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Kelerei » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:45 am

Ahead of the Curve: Lei Shen obtained just before 5.4 hit. :D
Kelerei
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:21 am
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby theckhd » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:43 am

bldavis wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Always a good idea to log in and do the Monk class daily even on days you're not going to be levelling, to accumulate time on that xp buff. I levelled pretty slowly at first, and wound up with 9 hours of the buff still remaining when I hit 90.

^^

i had 13 stacks when i finally sat down to level my monk and ended up with 4 left when i hit 90


I think I had 13 hours left on the duration of that buff when I hit 90. I logged in to do it every day. On busy weeks, that quest alone caused me to skip a few levels.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest