Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Lieris » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:59 pm

It worked for me and I enjoyed it.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby econ21 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:34 pm

5 new raid bosses down in the last 5 days (2 raids) ... only Lei Shen left, although he's putting up quite a fight.
econ21

Postby bldavis » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:36 pm

GL!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Ruldar » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:22 am

12/12 Runestones on the pally, got the last two I needed off of Durumu and then Primordius. I should have time for a Lei Shen kill tonight to get his heart, and then probably the fancy cloak over the weekend just in time for the patch.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:34 am

Gratz on your cloak!
my success is similar in that i am up to 10 runestones...so i should (hopefully) get my cloak before we start in SoO

edit: should get it being patch wont be until the 10th

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby culhag » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:55 pm

I won Horridon's mount tonight, and I'm one Lei'Shen kill away from the meta. (with overcharge first) (because I was too lazy to do it in LFR when it was bugged :( )
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Ruldar » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:40 pm

Picked up the heart tonight and decided to not wait for the weekend and gave the melee dps fight a whirl. 5-6 attempts later, fancy cloak acquired. Gotta say, random dude on wowhead's suggestion to use Repentance on Wrathian to buy some breathing room to kill the bloods was a killer idea. This makes for two cloaks total, one for the Pally and one for the Lock.

Based on the achievement dates (May 27th for Guardians of Mogu'shan), it's been slightly less than three months since the Pally walked into LFR MSV for the first time. Assuming the final step is doable the first week of 5.4, we're talking something like 3 months total to complete a legendary cloak as the game stands now, though it'll be faster after the patch since since all of the stones and sigils and whatnots will be dropping in SoO.

It'd be overkill to finish leveling up my mage to get a third one, right?
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby Xfighter » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:12 pm

Just got H:Lei Shen down on the 2nd pull of the night, 205th pull overall. The first 2 weeks worth of progression on him we never had the same comp twice in a row, and only ran with this comp last night+tonight (and have most of the raid on the lower end of the DPS spectrum). Scored that for Realm 2nd, about 30-40 minutes before the #3 got him down.

Then went and decided to try Ra-Den with our prot warrior going DPS (525ish ilvl), because we had no other DPS available, and got Ra-Den down as well, on the 7th pull total. Essentially 7-manned 40% down the first time we got there... Can see why people rank it near Jin-Rokh level at higher gear averages.

Overall all of that was done in less than 2 hours, with a large break between the two of them as not many had worried about looking up Ra-Den beforehand.
Xfighter

Postby Sagara » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Congratulations!

Meanwhile we just started it and man, how do people fuck up that often on the transition :D
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Xfighter » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:54 am

1st one sucks, and even yesterday still had tons of wipes from people messing it up (mostly soaking bolts..), and 2nd ends up quite a bit quicker to learn for the most part.

We took so long on it cause our DPS aren't very great, so many many many p3 pulls we died from just the length of it.

Best of luck on getting it yourself!
Xfighter

Postby Shoju » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:45 am

In Path of Exile, I started a new Marauder (warrior / Dk for those who don't play), and I'm now 37, and I haven't died. That's a pretty big accomplishment for me. That's a whole Act + 7 levels further than I've EVER made it on a char without dying. Looking forward to seeing how well I can do on this char. It's the first Melee I've played since the rebalancing of health / damage values, and I have to say, it's a vast improvement.
Shoju

Postby Winkle » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:38 am

Shoju wrote:In Path of Exile, I started a new Marauder (warrior / Dk for those who don't play), and I'm now 37, and I haven't died. That's a pretty big accomplishment for me. That's a whole Act + 7 levels further than I've EVER made it on a char without dying. Looking forward to seeing how well I can do on this char. It's the first Melee I've played since the rebalancing of health / damage values, and I have to say, it's a vast improvement.

I haven't played since they rebalanced it but my best effort was lvl 57 i believe. The 3rd difficulty level is (or possibly was) very tricky, be careful.
Winkle

Postby Shoju » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:56 am

Winkle wrote:
Shoju wrote:In Path of Exile, I started a new Marauder (warrior / Dk for those who don't play), and I'm now 37, and I haven't died. That's a pretty big accomplishment for me. That's a whole Act + 7 levels further than I've EVER made it on a char without dying. Looking forward to seeing how well I can do on this char. It's the first Melee I've played since the rebalancing of health / damage values, and I have to say, it's a vast improvement.

I haven't played since they rebalanced it but my best effort was lvl 57 i believe. The 3rd difficulty level is (or possibly was) very tricky, be careful.

The changes to health and damage are HUGE. I have a pair of mapping chars, so I'm aware of how painful Merciless can be, but they are both ranged (summoner / ranger).

But I have always missed melee. Now that I'm back and cruising along as melee, I'm having a blast. My biggest fear is going to be the fetid pool. I will never forget the first time I went in there on my marauder when I started playing. It destroyed me, over, and over, and over, and over as melee.

With time, comes wisdom, and I'm hoping that I've gained enough to be better prepared. I'll also be farming ledge for a bit before I head in there. I shudder at all the undead rhoa charging at me.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:40 am

dam you shoju...now i want to play that again...

bldavis

Postby Shoju » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:25 pm

bldavis wrote:dam you shoju...now i want to play that again...

Come. Play. Enjoy. The improvements are rolling out fast and furious as they get ready for the "release" from open beta to live.
Shoju

PreviousNext

Return to General