Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Fetzie » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:01 pm

Sagara wrote:So, I meet that paladin tank at Two Moons last night that comments on my lucky HcTF Iron Qon Sword. We chat it up only to see an ex-guildie come over and join the conv. An hour later, the tank learns I'm looking for a guild says I could probably post on their forum, even if they have no spots right now.

We're 24 hours later, and I'm slated to start tanking Sunday with a 10/13H 25 man guild. I feel like I woke up from a hangover with an unknown supermodel in my bed...

Congratulations, and good luck with Dark Animus :)
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby bldavis » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:02 pm

Newsom wrote:Legendary meta aqcuired!

congratz and welcome to the group of people that post in frustrations about goddam runestones not dropping :)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby bldavis » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:35 pm

keepers (horde guild) is now 3/4 done with ToT with our first (VERY messy) kill of dark animus, and a few pulls on Iron Qon, we are getting to P2 and almost P3 so hopefully we keep that up and get to work on twin consorts next week

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:44 pm

bldavis wrote:
Newsom wrote:Legendary meta aqcuired!

congratz and welcome to the group of people that post in frustrations about goddam runestones not dropping :)

To be honest, having a guaranteed runestone off lei shen made it much more bearable.
Before that hotfix, you would often have a week with 0 runestones.

Overally took me 8 weeks to complete the runestone step (which is, quite silly in my opinion).
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ruldar » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:16 am

12/12 runestones on the Lock. Three in this week alone and I know I had a few previous weeks with more than one, so I could see something like eight weeks for me as well (don't remember offhand when I got the meta, though it might be posted earlier in this thread).

Funny that they are happy with it taking that long, given that I'd swear I've seen blue commentary about the 6000 valor step being a bit much from the get go. I suppose capping valor every week for 6 weeks isn't quite the same as just running a couple LFRs.

Is the celestial's challenges step really as difficult as the posters on Wowhead are making it out to be? The forge step sure wasn't.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:29 am

Depends on your gear and overall skill.

I completed the healing one almost by accident at first go without knowing what I had to do.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jabari » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:21 am

Ruldar wrote:Is the celestial's challenges step really as difficult as the posters on Wowhead are making it out to be? The forge step sure wasn't.

The ranged DPS one is fairly difficult - that took quite a few tries for me on my hunter. The healing one is very very easy. I just finished the tanking one for my warrior - it's harder than the healing one but not as bad as the ranged DPS one.

(Was a little strange, I failed on the tanking one about 4 times, said "screw it" and went to bed. Next day, I got it on the first shot. Odd.)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Fetzie » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:29 am

The tanking one is piss easy.
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Teranoid » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:39 am

The caster one was a joke. I read all of this stuff about cheesing the bloods using the balcony and all this dumb shit.. he was dead about 10 seconds after they spawned.

To be honest, having a guaranteed runestone off lei shen made it much more bearable.
Before that hotfix, you would often have a week with 0 runestones.

RNG based quests are fucking stupid. The drop rate is so pathetic I don't even see why they didn't let you double up on them between difficulties in the first place.

Oh wait yeah I know why. $$$$
Teranoid

Postby Jabari » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:09 am

Fetzie wrote:The tanking one is piss easy.

Teranoid wrote:The caster one was a joke. I read all of this stuff about cheesing the bloods using the balcony and all this dumb shit.. he was dead about 10 seconds after they spawned.

Um, what kind of ilvl were you guys at when you did those (and for the tanking one, what class)?
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Darielle » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:05 pm

Here's how Xuen went for me, without doing any research:

- OH THAT BLOOD GROUND EFFECT TICKS ON YOU FOR 50K. OH HE'S STUNNABLE.
- Oh he died in 30 seconds.
Darielle

Postby Fetzie » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:13 pm

Jabari wrote:
Fetzie wrote:The tanking one is piss easy.

Teranoid wrote:The caster one was a joke. I read all of this stuff about cheesing the bloods using the balcony and all this dumb shit.. he was dead about 10 seconds after they spawned.

Um, what kind of ilvl were you guys at when you did those (and for the tanking one, what class)?

Something like 528 equipped, paladin tank.

Fetzie

Postby Ruldar » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:38 pm

Cloak done with the cheesy balcony method. Gave it a few shots without that approach, but I only ever got him to about half before the bloods spawned and annihilated me. Maybe if I was a little more skilled at staying behind him for the extra big hits, but didn't really care to spend the time trying for a more legit kill after the fifth death or so.

Should probably get my butt in gear and finally spend some time on the green fire scenario now.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:12 pm

H primo down in two tries. Made a few mitakes, but nothing breaking (actually it was the old tanks that fucked up on Viscous adds and blew us all up, while I managed a save on a *very* close call \o/)

DA is actually pretty boring so far, but considering we hardly ever made it beyond the 2:30 mark...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fetzie » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:11 am

Sagara wrote:H primo down in two tries. Made a few mitakes, but nothing breaking (actually it was the old tanks that fucked up on Viscous adds and blew us all up, while I managed a save on a *very* close call \o/)

DA is actually pretty boring so far, but considering we hardly ever made it beyond the 2:30 mark...

Yeah, DA is incredibly boring, and yet so easy to wipe to.

Fetzie

PreviousNext

Return to General