Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nooska » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:59 am

Jabari wrote:Up to 3/12H personally now. Got H:Horridon this week with my "evil pug hunter" group. Got some shots at H:Iron Qon with varying levels of progress.

(Plus I got Juju, which finally filled my last < 522 slot!)

Why does it seem that after about 6 pulls everyone loses concentration? We wiped the first couple times to "learning what stuff looks like", then had a couple pulls get to where all 3 quilen were down. After that though, we couldn't even get back close to there - everyone started to fail at stuff we'd been doing correctly before then (starting to get hit by fire spears, accidently stacking when not supposed to, failing at windstorms, etc).

Does that happen to anyone else too?

It should happen to almost everyone. At that time its time to take a break (at least 5 minutes, preferably 10-15) and get away from the computer screen. Its simple concentration fatigue.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Teranoid » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:53 pm

Cloak done. Thank god.
Teranoid

Postby Fetzie » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Doing challenge mode Mogushan palace. Have to wait 50 seconds for a potion cooldown. Have to wait 40 seconds for a patrol to go past. Taking out time because we thought "the healer's got to go after this attempt, might as well make silver. Get gold, and are less than 90 seconds above realm best.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Teranoid » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:00 pm

Hexos dead. huzzah
Teranoid

Postby Flex » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:01 pm

First raid in 2 weeks last night. Managed to kill everything we've killed before including our second snakehead kill. Now to see if I can steal/find a 10th for the next two weeks.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:04 pm

Flex wrote:First raid in 2 weeks last night. Managed to kill everything we've killed before including our second snakehead kill. Now to see if I can steal/find a 10th for the next two weeks.

gratz and heres hoping you find a tenth!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Teranoid » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:53 pm

2/13H in the first night with the new guild, finished my cloak Tuesday and finished the Brawlers guild today.

Pretty good week so far.
Teranoid

Postby Kelerei » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:21 am

Cloak finally acquired. ;)
Kelerei

Postby bldavis » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:18 am

when i started tonight, i didnt plan to play my rogue...
then i got bored and logged, started in winterspring at lvl 50

before i knew it i was 54, and still have rested left
decided to run out of rested

hit 56 and out of reseted, might as well finish the zone
i ended up 57 1/2, in one zone, in just 2 1/2 hrs....all playing a spec i never tried before while leveling a rogue (mut, i normally level as combat)

mid way through, after running past several thorium nodes, i happen to mouse over one and realize i CAN mine it...
so i proceed to work on the zone, mining as i go, and get my mining to BC level so i can start mining fel iron
and i check engineering - crap
in /gchat. anyone have any mithril? none on AH - gets sent 10 stacks of ore and bars...

so between all the thorium i mined, the mithril i was sent, and the run through the zone (and 3 quests in blasted lands to finish off 57)
i went from barely 50, to 3 bars into 58, and from 210 mining to 290, and from 235 engineering to 300....

it was one hell of a night...and i wasnt planning on working on my rogue at all 10 hrs ago lol

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby benebarba » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:22 am

For some reason, our research safety courses talk about using a fire extinguisher, but only a few groups actually organize the classes which include actual hands-on training and experience in using those and the low pressure lines we have in our labs. For the most part, you end up with an almost conflicting 'get out and call the pros' and 'if it's little, do what you can' for both spills and fires in those courses.

I find this funny, because at the university I was at, hands-on training was standard for all labs which contained flammable materials or fire/chemical spill hazards. I just wasn't in one, so never got it.

Any rate: the success is actually getting one scheduled for our group... since, you know, being able to confidently use emergency equipment is important.
benebarba

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:48 am

Got Cutting Edge: Lei Shen

Now just Ra-Den missing, hope I manage to get it before 5.4...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:28 pm

Worldie wrote:Got Cutting Edge: Lei Shen

Now just Ra-Den missing, hope I manage to get it before 5.4...

From what I've heard, Ra'den is much, much easier than Lei Shen. He just does a metric shit ton of damage to the tank (yay vengeance).
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:50 pm

It looks quite easy indeed.

But switching to the red ball looks too hard.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Worldie wrote:It looks quite easy indeed.

But switching to the red ball looks too hard.

I think you just move the boss slightly so that the red ball hits the boss, and then the blue one hits the boss immediately afterwards.

Fetzie

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:13 pm

No I mean, our ranged are failing to kill the red orb in time :giggle:

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General