Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:10 am

My opinion is that you can have both scenarios and 5 men, but they need to be better at different things.

Examples:
5 men giving more exp, scenario having shorter queue and no setup
5 men giving several higher ilvl random loot, scenario giving a guaranteed lower ilvl useful loot at the end

What I don't like now is that 5 men are more or less useless, they are only useful for JPs and nothing else. Scenarios provide better loot (and always spec appropriate), guaranteed in normal and at very high chance in heroic, and have no queue and no setup requirement. You can also play hc scenarios in "easy mode" with having a healer or tank if you don't mind the 30 VP from bonus objective. (that you can reach also with only 2 dps, if their gear is good)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13348
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:41 am

Worldie wrote:My opinion is that you can have both scenarios and 5 men, but they need to be better at different things.

Examples:
5 men giving more exp, scenario having shorter queue and no setup
5 men giving several higher ilvl random loot, scenario giving a guaranteed lower ilvl useful loot at the end

What I don't like now is that 5 men are more or less useless, they are only useful for JPs and nothing else. Scenarios provide better loot (and always spec appropriate), guaranteed in normal and at very high chance in heroic, and have no queue and no setup requirement. You can also play hc scenarios in "easy mode" with having a healer or tank if you don't mind the 30 VP from bonus objective. (that you can reach also with only 2 dps, if their gear is good)


The problem remains that 5-mans take more resources than scenarios (unless you start building them the way scenarios are currently constructed) and become outdated once people get into the first raid.

Maybe we need Flex-mode dungeons? bring 2-4 of your friends?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9376
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:25 pm

Klaudandus wrote:On other news, I watched Pacific Rim, the whole time I tried to match the characters in the movie to their analogue in Evangelion. Definitively worth watching though -- if what you want to see is giant mecha vs kaijus -- since there's a lot of it.


hopefully without the weird pedophilia/incest stuff that even the Japanese apparently couldn't get into :P
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Worldie wrote:My opinion is that you can have both scenarios and 5 men, but they need to be better at different things.

Examples:
5 men giving more exp, scenario having shorter queue and no setup
5 men giving several higher ilvl random loot, scenario giving a guaranteed lower ilvl useful loot at the end

What I don't like now is that 5 men are more or less useless, they are only useful for JPs and nothing else. Scenarios provide better loot (and always spec appropriate), guaranteed in normal and at very high chance in heroic, and have no queue and no setup requirement. You can also play hc scenarios in "easy mode" with having a healer or tank if you don't mind the 30 VP from bonus objective. (that you can reach also with only 2 dps, if their gear is good)


wait... when did scenarios guarantee spec appropriate loot on normal? I've gotten healing and ret plate more than once while in prot spec (before the whole 'loot spec' stuff).

but yes, I think MoP is the expansion that seems to have tried to kill the 5-man.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby amh » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:12 pm

So Anzu finally decided to drop his reins. The only reason I dared run through on all my characters was because of the account-wide mount system - and whaddayaknow? Dropped for my hunter. :)
I used to play a paladin.
User avatar
amh
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 6:25 am
Location: Oh hi

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:05 pm

benebarba wrote:wait... when did scenarios guarantee spec appropriate loot on normal? I've gotten healing and ret plate more than once while in prot spec (before the whole 'loot spec' stuff)

Uh I never got spec inappropriate loot from scenarios, though I admit I havent really farmed them before 5.3 (actually hardly ever did one before) so it might be a new thing.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13348
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Flex » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:02 pm

Pacific Rim is 3 Rocket Punches out of 5.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7500
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:46 pm

Flex wrote:Pacific Rim is 3 Rocket Punches out of 5.


yeah, it totally lost 1 for that whole 'we have to act like we have character development' bit. Though it did almost make up for it with the Ron Perlman... well, everything.

But really, I've rarely walked out of a movie that met my expectations more thoroughly. Yeah, if you want to get down to it, it was a mediocre anime that they could only afford to make as an OVA, what with the live action and massive special effects budget (hell, I've seen the anime it was probably inspired by, and they all did it better IMO). But you know what? It totally delivered on giant robots punching giant monsters. And that's exactly what I wanted out of it.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Flex » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:32 pm

benebarba wrote:
Flex wrote:Pacific Rim is 3 Rocket Punches out of 5.


yeah, it totally lost 1 for that whole 'we have to act like we have character development' bit. Though it did almost make up for it with the Ron Perlman... well, everything.

But really, I've rarely walked out of a movie that met my expectations more thoroughly. Yeah, if you want to get down to it, it was a mediocre anime that they could only afford to make as an OVA, what with the live action and massive special effects budget (hell, I've seen the anime it was probably inspired by, and they all did it better IMO). But you know what? It totally delivered on giant robots punching giant monsters. And that's exactly what I wanted out of it.


Not knowing they had swords?!

I know some people had issues with Man of Steel but to me that was exactly what I wanted from a Superman movie and the final battle was exactly how I'd envisioned it in my head.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7500
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:03 pm

I enjoyed Pacific Rim a lot. Though the script was more B-movie than oscar material, what they were doing they did well.

Anyone else get distracted by how Mako Mori's haircut with the blue bits made her look like Knives Chau?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6825
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Flex wrote:[
Not knowing they had swords?!

I seriously turned to my wife after the scene with the miraculous save by the whole 'oh yeah, we have swords!' thing and said 'He hadn't seen anything like that because apparently Mako was the first to remember they are equipped with swords, I guess.'

but then again, it was about punching monsters :P
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:22 pm

3 Runestones this week.

Wow. I uh.. yeah. 2 more weeks tops!
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Kelerei » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:27 pm

Oh, you lucky bugger. After having great success with the Sigils in T14 (first person in guild by some margin to complete the 5.0 and 5.1 parts of the chain), I've come crashing down to earth with the most painful drop rates ever (while the rest of the guild has overtaken me!).

Four weeks max for me though. Still hoping (and praying to the RNG gods) that I'll get it done before 5.4 drops.
Kelerei
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:21 am
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Andurin » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:13 am

Completed Mass Effect 1 and started Mass Effect 2. And ofcourse, the most used companion of part 1 resents EVERY decision I made and doesnt want to join me yet -.- Still love the game ^^

Als got my girlfriends guild rolling a bit so we are nearly level 4 in 3 days time. We would have made it easy, if I didnt fell victim to the steam summer sale... The new Tomb Raider is quite intense at the start tho... And looks quite good ^^
Andurin
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:19 am

benebarba wrote:
Flex wrote:[
Not knowing they had swords?!

I seriously turned to my wife after the scene with the miraculous save by the whole 'oh yeah, we have swords!' thing and said 'He hadn't seen anything like that because apparently Mako was the first to remember they are equipped with swords, I guess.'

but then again, it was about punching monsters :P

Yup. Why use a ship like a baseball bat when you could've cut its face off with a sword and ended the fight earlier? Because then they wouldn't have got to use a ship like a baseball bat.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6825
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?