Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nooska » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:29 am

Fetzie wrote:
Nooska wrote:
bldavis wrote: and got 5/7 heads on maggy in


You know you have been playing a long time when you instantly thought of Mag'Theridon.


Magmadar.

I win?


Indeed, at least if Magmadar was routinely caled maggy (they need a new nickname scheme ... I mean, they need a new naming scheme...)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1598
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:04 am

Lock didn't get quite as far as I wanted, ilvl 466, but did get out to the Isle, cleared those intro scenarios, got a key and did the treasure room, so next week I can hit the LFRs with a bag of charms ready to roll.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Flex » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:48 am

woo. ComicsAlliance is back from the dead.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Darrak » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:31 pm

ra-den 25 down after 2 nights and 23 pulls in heavy-haste gear with only one death to fatal strike, huray

also thx to treckie for some tips
Image
Darrak
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:15 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Newsom » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:06 pm

Yay, Lei Shen 25H down. Guild merger is pretty successful so far.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:07 am

Bit the bullet and pulled my main out of the guild that I had been in but hadn't done anything with since a couple months after mists dropped, and everyone I knew had either stopped playing or had changed schedules such that I never saw them.

I was rather conflicted, but settled on 1) going to where I knew people who were still active in-game and doing stuff I wanted to do, 2) being the MT of a non-existant raid team is a little silly, and my officer role wasn't really needed 3) I had discussed leaving with the GM, and tried to make it an amicable gquit.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:50 am

benebarba wrote:Bit the bullet and pulled my main out of the guild that I had been in but hadn't done anything with since a couple months after mists dropped, and everyone I knew had either stopped playing or had changed schedules such that I never saw them.

I was rather conflicted, but settled on 1) going to where I knew people who were still active in-game and doing stuff I wanted to do, 2) being the MT of a non-existant raid team is a little silly, and my officer role wasn't really needed 3) I had discussed leaving with the GM, and tried to make it an amicable gquit.


Where ya going to?...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:01 am

halabar wrote:
benebarba wrote:Bit the bullet and pulled my main out of the guild that I had been in but hadn't done anything with since a couple months after mists dropped, and everyone I knew had either stopped playing or had changed schedules such that I never saw them.

I was rather conflicted, but settled on 1) going to where I knew people who were still active in-game and doing stuff I wanted to do, 2) being the MT of a non-existant raid team is a little silly, and my officer role wasn't really needed 3) I had discussed leaving with the GM, and tried to make it an amicable gquit.


Where ya going to?...


Derp - never said: the guild I ened up actually raiding with, and ended up becoming friends with the core raiders (the other person we did that Sunwell run with a little while back is the GM). I have had my baby monk in it for a few weeks, but now my 2 most active toons are in it.

we may only do challenge modes at this point... but hey, it's nice to have a group of friends to play with regularly :D
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:07 am

i know the feeling, and it is one of the reasons i am glad the guild merger happened with my horde guild

we went from a mostly dead (no one ever on) guild to a fairly active one but still small enough you can get to know everyone pretty quick


also...i have rediscovered pvp on my rogue after FINALLY doing the bgs i needed for my dk's legendary chain
why did i quit to begin with? (i hadnt pvped since wrath except a couple bgs leveling said rogue and a TB battle)
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Era » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:34 am

Begin the day with a friendly voice,
a companion unobtrusive~
Plays that song that's so elusive,
and the magic music makes your morning mood~
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1576
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway/Japan

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Flex » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:13 pm

bldavis wrote:i know the feeling, and it is one of the reasons i am glad the guild merger happened with my horde guild

we went from a mostly dead (no one ever on) guild to a fairly active one but still small enough you can get to know everyone pretty quick


also...i have rediscovered pvp on my rogue after FINALLY doing the bgs i needed for my dk's legendary chain
why did i quit to begin with? (i hadnt pvped since wrath except a couple bgs leveling said rogue and a TB battle)


PvP changes in 5.3 are a huge step towards making PvP not stupid at the top end for people that don't live and breath it.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:52 pm

im no where near the top end...
hell my rogue just hit 87 last night thanks to a AV win

speaking of which, AV and IoC suck as a rogue...at least the way i play i guess
though now that i think about it, the 65% resil is prob a big factor...i dont have any pvp gear on my rogue except his lvl 70 trinket
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:27 am

It's only 65% at 90, below that it's still the old value.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4950
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:00 am

My casual 25-man got N Council down for the first time, and I got a N TF ring, and the shared N TF bow (from a bonus roll).

Frustration... realizing that this 25-man team is eventually either going to have to extend lockouts and/or go to 2 nights a week eventually, as 1 night is just not enough time to start fresh and make progression, even with one-shotting two of the bosses, and 2-shotting the next. Bridge trash needs nerfing, just so it doesn't take so much time.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:30 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:It's only 65% at 90, below that it's still the old value.

oh well...i guess it is just the fun :twisted:

though i have to be careful, i woke ppl up last night :shock: :? :oops:
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:13 pm

Couldn't stand the sight of that legendary meta rotting in my bank after suffering through getting those stupid Secrets for weeks anymore.

20k gold later RNG can eat a dick. I win.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Andurin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:18 pm

3 weeks of hard training, with last nights exam as result. And the team of me and my dog passed the exam with 4x an 8 / 10 and 1 time a 7 / 10 ^^ Nearly the highest score, since they never give out 9's or 10's since that is "to good" and people can "always improve".

Now finally got a bit of time left over since we dont loose 2 evenings and a morning each week anymore.
Andurin
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:31 pm

Teranoid wrote:Couldn't stand the sight of that legendary meta rotting in my bank after suffering through getting those stupid Secrets for weeks anymore.

20k gold later RNG can eat a dick. I win.


If the crafted helm was that cheap on my real I'd do that, but they are running close to 60k on mine. I could stick it in my LFR helm, but that just doesn't feel right...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:39 pm

You can always get a new meta if you get a new helm ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8837
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:30 am

Worldie wrote:You can always get a new meta if you get a new helm ;)


True, not nearly as expensive to replace as the original Sha gems.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:08 am

halabar wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Couldn't stand the sight of that legendary meta rotting in my bank after suffering through getting those stupid Secrets for weeks anymore.

20k gold later RNG can eat a dick. I win.


If the crafted helm was that cheap on my real I'd do that, but they are running close to 60k on mine. I could stick it in my LFR helm, but that just doesn't feel right...


60k? Christ how much are spirits on your server o.o
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:46 am

Teranoid wrote:
halabar wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Couldn't stand the sight of that legendary meta rotting in my bank after suffering through getting those stupid Secrets for weeks anymore.

20k gold later RNG can eat a dick. I win.


If the crafted helm was that cheap on my real I'd do that, but they are running close to 60k on mine. I could stick it in my LFR helm, but that just doesn't feel right...


60k? Christ how much are spirits on your server o.o


Cheapest I've seen is 5k from dubious lvl 1s.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Jabari » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:08 am

Teranoid wrote:60k? Christ how much are spirits on your server o.o


As a point of reference, they hang out at about 8000-8500 on my server. *shrug*
In one century we went from teaching Latin and Greek in high school to offering remedial English in college.
Jabari
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:46 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:53 am

Yikes.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Jabari » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:04 pm

Teranoid wrote:Yikes.


Yeah. Trust me, I was ecstatic to luck into a 516 boots for my hunter from a heroic scenario - quite a bit better than the 502 and just a hair cheaper than the 522 crafted would be. :)

Also, I've seen 535 heroic helm/boots go cheaper at the BMAH than it would cost just in Spirits for the 522s. Just not for my classes :(
In one century we went from teaching Latin and Greek in high school to offering remedial English in college.
Jabari
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:46 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest