Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Wed May 15, 2013 7:24 am

Got into a ~22/25 mixed guild run (mostly 1 guild) in LFR for 2 wings... and I was part of the premade.

Talk about smooth. I rolled as ret and was the lowest DPS at like 70K+... compared to the 35K I routinely see below me in normal LFR runs.
benebarba

Postby Flex » Wed May 15, 2013 6:59 pm

Thunderforged Worldbreaker's Stormscythe tonight from a bonus roll. Upgrade from my heroic stormstout Brewery sword.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Wed May 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Flex wrote:Thunderforged Worldbreaker's Stormscythe tonight from a bonus roll. Upgrade from my heroic stormstout Brewery sword.

Gratz! that is one hell of an upgrade! :lol:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Teranoid » Wed May 15, 2013 11:15 pm

I missed actual raiding.

So much.
Teranoid

Postby Chunes » Thu May 16, 2013 11:11 am

Went searching for places to live last weekend. First place we looked at (to rent) was pretty much just what we were looking for. Couple other people there looking and interested at the time. We dropped our app in that afternoon.

Got a call today that we're approved and we're going to be signing on saturday!

This place is easily twice as big as where we're living now (though included in that estimate is an unfinished basement in the new place) and it's only 300 more per mo.

Best part, we don't have to spend any more time and energy looking for places to live!

Oh, and it's about 35 miles closer to where I work.

Woot!
Chunes

Postby Andurin » Thu May 16, 2013 11:24 pm

Chunes wrote:Went searching for places to live last weekend. First place we looked at (to rent) was pretty much just what we were looking for. Couple other people there looking and interested at the time. We dropped our app in that afternoon.

Got a call today that we're approved and we're going to be signing on saturday!

This place is easily twice as big as where we're living now (though included in that estimate is an unfinished basement in the new place) and it's only 300 more per mo.

Best part, we don't have to spend any more time and energy looking for places to live!

Oh, and it's about 35 miles closer to where I work.

Woot!

Nice one :D Congratulations ^^

Since our last training was completely horrible for our dog, we decided to do a new one. For about 4 weeks, train at location 3 nights and do everything else at home. Its amazing how much progress we see now that we are at the end of week 1. Just 1 week of training caused our dog not to pull while walking anymoer. And it got me on a better schedule aswell, getting up each morning at the same time to go for a walk ^^
Andurin

Postby bldavis » Fri May 17, 2013 12:02 am

so as many of you know from the frustrations thread, my horde guild Lurkers has stopped raiding and combined with another guild, Keepers, who was also having issues getting enough for a full raid team

turns out we were at teh same point in progression - f-ing horridon...

that is until tonight, our first raid together
couple of wipes on jin'rohk, shaking off the cobwebs
get to horridon and we had to use a strat neither guild had tried (lurkers did maybe 2 or 3 pulls at most, but most of them ended before the 3rd gate was opened) due to having no pallies with clemency to use HoP to clear puncture stacks

what we had to do is tank swap between my dk and our feral/guardian druid.
well we pulled, got the positioning figured out and ....

one shot him.....
first kill for EITHER guild and it was a one shot

we then worked on council, which no body had read up on because we figured we would spend all night on horridon
ended up getting sul almost down and handling the empowers at the same time...just a little more tweaking on who switches to what when and they should be down.

oh and i am the only plate wearer in the raid now..
so when teh tanking ring dropped (that i forgot i ahd a thunderforged one equipped) i was happy
until i got a second thunderforged ring in my bonus roll...
so now i have 2 528 rings, one for each spec, and the trinket off horridon for my frost spec, which i will only use in LFR and brawlers guild at this point :lol:

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Era » Fri May 17, 2013 2:34 am

Norwegian national day! Happy celebrations to any potential Norwegians around! :D

"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Jabari » Fri May 17, 2013 10:06 am

bldavis wrote:<beating horridon, etc>

Hey, that's awesome!

"Our" group (i.e., the one where I'm the "designated Pick-up Healer") goes and beats up Jin'Rokh every week but we haven't tried Horridon in a while. The leader wants to go do Heroic MV instead for some reason (got the first three pretty easily, worked on Elegon for a while last week). We really should go back to Horridon again IMO - we're good enough to do that at this point.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby halabar » Fri May 17, 2013 10:45 am

Jabari wrote:
bldavis wrote:<beating horridon, etc>

Hey, that's awesome!

"Our" group (i.e., the one where I'm the "designated Pick-up Healer") goes and beats up Jin'Rokh every week but we haven't tried Horridon in a while. The leader wants to go do Heroic MV instead for some reason (got the first three pretty easily, worked on Elegon for a while last week). We really should go back to Horridon again IMO - we're good enough to do that at this point.

My casual group isn't doing heroics until we clear ToT consistently, they we might go back to MSV heroics to start.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri May 17, 2013 12:34 pm

At long last!

Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Chunes » Fri May 17, 2013 12:38 pm

oh shit!

grats!
Chunes

Postby halabar » Fri May 17, 2013 12:51 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:At long last!

Grats!! I need to start running that again.. I want the scope pattern as well for completionism...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Era » Fri May 17, 2013 1:56 pm

Many congratulations on the mount! One I never got to catch before I quit. :(
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby bldavis » Fri May 17, 2013 2:23 pm

GRATZ KYSEN!

and ty Jabari! :D
from what i hear, a fellow officer from my alliance guild raids ToT with another guild as well (as our shared guild is still in HoF for progression) and got horridon down just a few hours after i did for the first time

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to General