Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Ruldar » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:30 am

Lei Shen dead in LFR with only 4 stacks of determination. That's a success, right?

It was somewhat funny how it went. The last wipe had resulted in most of the raid leaving, so after waiting for new people (one of whom stepped up to give the fight instructions, thank god), we were just doing a practice run to give the fresh folks a look at the fight and instead of practice it turned into the kill.

Seeing him go down was the most "Hell yeah!" experience I've had in WoW in a while.
User avatar
Ruldar
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:26 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby econ21 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:34 am

Worldie wrote:Guard (like all absorbs effects) is op at lower level.
Its effectivenes decreases greatly past level 80 when it'll start to barely absorb 30k or so without any vengeance.


Thanks - I was beginning to suspect (fear) that.

At the moment (sub-80), I've been playing my brewmaster like a hybrid disc priest/blood DK - using guard, after a bit of vengeance, to provide a shield that lasts pretty much throughout its duration. Even on those Zul Drak arena bosses.

However, the raiding guides talk of guard more as a mini-cooldown to absorb a bit of damage (sort of like Divine Protection) than a semi-permanent shield.

Using a vengeance pumped Guard to survive Oondasta's Frill Blasts sounds very handy though (but we can also do that with glyphed Divine Protection).
econ21
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:53 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:53 am

There's a school of thought about Guard glyph, essentially you give up the phisical absorption part in order to gain a semi-permanent 30% heal boost in a phisical heavy fight (horridon, jikun for examples)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13300
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:57 am

econ21 wrote:I continue to be impressed with my brewmaster alt while leveling: solo'd the arena in Zul Drak at level 76-77 last night without breaking a sweat. The shield from guard just seems so powerful. It makes me wish I'd tried the Nagrand one on level, although I'd been deterred from that after my DK and bear had been unceremoniously splattered trying it.


I actually started just soloing 5-mans after my adventures in gnomeregan. It's serving a nice alternative to going through quests/zones I haven't much liked or have done too many times already. I'd almost forgotten about the arenas... I'll have to try those :D

Scarlet Halls and Scarlet Monastery down last night! All it took was obeying the mechanics you can ignore in an actual 5-man group :P
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:19 am

Ruldar wrote:Lei Shen dead in LFR with only 4 stacks of determination. That's a success, right?

It was somewhat funny how it went. The last wipe had resulted in most of the raid leaving, so after waiting for new people (one of whom stepped up to give the fight instructions, thank god), we were just doing a practice run to give the fresh folks a look at the fight and instead of practice it turned into the kill.

Seeing him go down was the most "Hell yeah!" experience I've had in WoW in a while.

My first Lei Shen LFR, I zoned into a group that had 2 stacks, and got a very easy, very clean kill on my first pull. Enough people seemed to know what they were doing as far as stacking and tank movement that it was very smooth. It seems like a fun fight.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6810
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby econ21 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:14 am

benebarba wrote:I actually started just soloing 5-mans after my adventures in gnomeregan. ... All it took was obeying the mechanics you can ignore in an actual 5-man group :P


Yeah, I think heirloom tanks might be able to solo most leveling (pre-80) five mans, on level, if they play smart. It's not uncommon to be doing 50% of group dps as it is. It might be less fun on a warrior, as they lack the active self-heals of the other tanks.

In one dungeon, the healer and a dps quit at the start, but I decided to push on. A caster said they would try to heal me but then gave up, saying "you don't really need healing do you?". I did not say what I was thinking, which was that I did not really need their dps either.

It will be interesting to see how it changes in Cata - on my last alt (pre-MoP), that was where stuff gets real. Partly because (most) heirlooms stop working; partly because the dps of dps starts to leap ahead (without vengeance); partly because some tank abilities - like guard - become less OP; and partly because the content has not been nerfed so hard. (I always find it sad to revisit those BC instances that used to be so challenging as heroics; all the corner pulls, patrol marking, CCs, boss tactics etc that are second nature are completely unnecessary.)
econ21
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:53 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Jabari » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:36 am

Well, while my guild is still just 4/16 T14, I am now personally up to 11/16.

Been running with a different group as the "designated pick-up healer" :lol: - it's been progression for them as well. Got 3 new bosses this week - Garalon last Friday (first try, though we had 10-12 wipes on him in previous weeks), and then Windlord (4th pull) and Ambershaper (2nd) last night.

Hopefully they/we will get enough people tonight to throw a few tries at Empress before the reset.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:46 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:13 am

econ21 wrote:
benebarba wrote:I actually started just soloing 5-mans after my adventures in gnomeregan. ... All it took was obeying the mechanics you can ignore in an actual 5-man group :P


Yeah, I think heirloom tanks might be able to solo most leveling (pre-80) five mans, on level, if they play smart. It's not uncommon to be doing 50% of group dps as it is. It might be less fun on a warrior, as they lack the active self-heals of the other tanks.

In one dungeon, the healer and a dps quit at the start, but I decided to push on. A caster said they would try to heal me but then gave up, saying "you don't really need healing do you?". I did not say what I was thinking, which was that I did not really need their dps either.

It will be interesting to see how it changes in Cata - on my last alt (pre-MoP), that was where stuff gets real. Partly because (most) heirlooms stop working; partly because the dps of dps starts to leap ahead (without vengeance); partly because some tank abilities - like guard - become less OP; and partly because the content has not been nerfed so hard. (I always find it sad to revisit those BC instances that used to be so challenging as heroics; all the corner pulls, patrol marking, CCs, boss tactics etc that are second nature are completely unnecessary.)



Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts as well (though not the BC bit- I started well after those had gotten easier, so I can't comment). Right now, I'm downing bosses that I'm maybe 1-2 level above, or right on par with. Not always a one-shot, but it's fun and I get XP and gold/loot. Trouble is getting to some of the portals :P

I suspect in the cata ones it'll really stop working. I mean, I solo'd some of those as a raid geared tank on my pally, but that's a whole lot better gear than I'll probably have on my monk... and some of those I still was never able to do. I suspect questing and actually queing may be the only option at that point.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:11 pm

benebarba wrote:Not always a one-shot, but it's fun and I get XP and gold/loot


Did they not adjust 5-man loot like they did for old raids, basically giving you the same gold if you soloed or went with 24 others? If not, then ya, the gold could be good. Are you seeing an XP increase from soloing as well?

In other news, my gnomelockexperiment is up to 39. 19 levels in one day not bad.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9372
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:57 pm

halabar wrote:
benebarba wrote:Not always a one-shot, but it's fun and I get XP and gold/loot


Did they not adjust 5-man loot like they did for old raids, basically giving you the same gold if you soloed or went with 24 others? If not, then ya, the gold could be good. Are you seeing an XP increase from soloing as well?

In other news, my gnomelockexperiment is up to 39. 19 levels in one day not bad.

hey hal?
i have a few alts on terenas i could use leveled... :?
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7347
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Jabari wrote:Well, while my guild is still just 4/16 T14, I am now personally up to 11/16.

Been running with a different group as the "designated pick-up healer" :lol: - it's been progression for them as well. Got 3 new bosses this week - Garalon last Friday (first try, though we had 10-12 wipes on him in previous weeks), and then Windlord (4th pull) and Ambershaper (2nd) last night.

Hopefully they/we will get enough people tonight to throw a few tries at Empress before the reset.

GL and gratz on personal progression!

tbh, the perma-pug healer is how we got our mage :twisted:
he raided with us most of T11 on his healadin, and just said screw it and joined PK on his mage for T12+
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7347
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:06 pm

halabar wrote:
benebarba wrote:Not always a one-shot, but it's fun and I get XP and gold/loot


Did they not adjust 5-man loot like they did for old raids, basically giving you the same gold if you soloed or went with 24 others? If not, then ya, the gold could be good. Are you seeing an XP increase from soloing as well?

In other news, my gnomelockexperiment is up to 39. 19 levels in one day not bad.


Not sure - I do seem to be getting more than I would if I were out in the world. I'll have to check. The XP I think I was getting the full XP... in gnomer I was getting like 700+ XP per elite mob, and I gained a couple levels. In 2 runs through LFD (granted those were only 2 boss runs and I did quests when I soloed it) I got maybe 1.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:45 pm

lesser charm change now hotfix

im just gonna leave this here
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7347
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Jabari » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:00 am

Empress down. :)

12th-ish pull, was the last (or next-to-last) pull of the night. Good grief the royal guards hit hard! Fun fight to heal though.

Double success: Got the sha-touched mace with my coin roll!
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:46 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Chunes » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:13 am

bldavis wrote:lesser charm change now hotfix

im just gonna leave this here


I just read a blog post that suggested lowering the charm requirement for runes as a way to lessen the "holy god I hate having to do all these dailies ugggghhhhh" factor.

A good move imo and I don't even do the dailies nor do I worry about runes.
User avatar
Chunes
 
Posts: 2271
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest