Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Fetzie » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:51 pm

You need to be careful not to bring Whitemane down to 50% before all the trash is gone though, that 10 second sleep will get you slaughtered if more than a couple of trash mobs are still alive at that point.

11/12 over-all, 10/12 in 25 man.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Sagara » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:32 pm

Eh, we had a 10-man test run for Iron Qon tonight, we actually 3-shot it, and went on to 3-shot Twins. before having a couple tries on Lei Shen.

Mymymy, this boss looks like fun.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Schroom » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:52 pm

after having 0,3% wipes on Lei Shen 2 weeks ago :( we cleared ToT on normal on the first day after reset, leaving us with a week off of raiding which is quite relaxing and getting us prepared for HMs starting today :twisted:
User avatar
Schroom
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:03 pm
Location: Luxembourg

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Amirya » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:00 am

Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2958
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nordix » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:02 am

Tanksatchels were rather kind to me.
White hawkstrider
Mechanopeep pet
White polar bear
GET
User avatar
Nordix
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:29 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Winkle » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:54 am

PsiVen wrote:Nice, did you pull the entire Monastery at once? We actually pulled everything but the first two packs on the left at once with the boss and made it through, but it was on a practice clear and we didn't want to risk doing that on a Gold attempt. I figure sprinting to the boss and zerging it all down would have net a ~9min finish.


Not quite all at once, we did clear it very quickly though.
Winkle
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Amirya » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:04 am

Amirya wrote:Holy crap. All tonight.

Located Equipment Locker
Picked up Bloodsoaked Chitin Fragment (a 2nd time, I found it on my paladin first, then finally on my hunter)
Also picked up:
Blade of the Poisoned Mind
Ancient Jinyu Staff
Blade of the Prime
Hammer of Ten Thunders
Lucid Amulet of the Agile Mind
Pandaren Fishing Spear
Swarming Cleaver of Ka'roz
Jade Infused Blade

Just wow.


Tonight's loot:

Located Sprite's Cloth Chest.
Picked up:
Kafa Press
Sturdy Yaungol Spear
Hozen Warrior Spear
Swarmkeeper's Medallion
Malik's Stalwart Spear
Wodin's Mantid Shanker
Ancient Pandaren Mining Pick
Recipe: Banana Infused Rum
Ancient Pandaren Woodcutter

So far, in two nights, I went from 1/20 to 20/20 for my Relic Hunter title.

(And the pick pissed off my roommate, because as he said, "I've been after it for how long? And you get it in two nights?")
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2958
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Winkle » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:22 am

Image
Winkle
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:03 am

Amirya wrote:
Amirya wrote:Holy crap. All tonight.

Located Equipment Locker
Picked up Bloodsoaked Chitin Fragment (a 2nd time, I found it on my paladin first, then finally on my hunter)
Also picked up:
Blade of the Poisoned Mind
Ancient Jinyu Staff
Blade of the Prime
Hammer of Ten Thunders
Lucid Amulet of the Agile Mind
Pandaren Fishing Spear
Swarming Cleaver of Ka'roz
Jade Infused Blade

Just wow.


Tonight's loot:

Located Sprite's Cloth Chest.
Picked up:
Kafa Press
Sturdy Yaungol Spear
Hozen Warrior Spear
Swarmkeeper's Medallion
Malik's Stalwart Spear
Wodin's Mantid Shanker
Ancient Pandaren Mining Pick
Recipe: Banana Infused Rum
Ancient Pandaren Woodcutter

So far, in two nights, I went from 1/20 to 20/20 for my Relic Hunter title.

(And the pick pissed off my roommate, because as he said, "I've been after it for how long? And you get it in two nights?")


All of that in 2 nights?.. no one on your server must be looking.

The hard part is remembering which ones you have done, when you've been doing it over time, especially if you do arch, as you'll need to have vendored some of the items, or sent them to alts.. we need another bank tab for this collected stuff.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Amirya » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:28 am

halabar wrote:All of that in 2 nights?.. no one on your server must be looking.

The hard part is remembering which ones you have done, when you've been doing it over time, especially if you do arch, as you'll need to have vendored some of the items, or sent them to alts.. we need another bank tab for this collected stuff.

I'm guessing no one is looking, or just not caring. There's really only one thing left I do want to find, no luck yet.

I sent most of the weapons over to my enchanter for enchants for alts.

Except the axe. I just left that on my DK.
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2958
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Flex » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:36 am

I've picked up two of the 450 daggers, 1 of the 450 Int swords, 2 of the 450 Int staves, 2 of the 450 int necks, 1 of the 450 1H Str swords and 2 of the 450 2H str swords and the 450 agi trinket in the past week and a half.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:14 pm

i would be more motivated to find the rares, but on SC i have 1 caster left to level (and they cant use swords being my priest), i have a 450 2hd sword and 2hd mace, 463 1hd sword, 450 staff, 471 polearm (upgraded) and 471 OH
my only alts remaining to level are my 86 priest, 87 dk, and 85 rogue, warrior, druid and pally

daggers/agi 1hd (and maybe a second 1hd sword, but i can just mail that one to my next toon once i replace it with a random heroic drop) might help but beyond that i have everything i want/need for the rest of my toons
plus with a LW, Tailor and BS all near/at max level i can make armor for myself
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Amirya » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:38 pm

I'm wanting to find the 450 intellect staff for my remaining 2 casters (monk and warlock), am looking for the Hidden Master staff just because.

No joke, once I hit 10/20, I decided to finish it just for the title.
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2958
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Fetzie » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:59 pm

Primordius gloves and shield, crafted boots in one evening :D
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Paxen » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Soloed Been Waiting a Long Time for This on my monk today, finally getting my Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher!

I've literally waited a long time for this, did most of it on my shaman back in the first months of 2010 (when it was current), but as my shaman hasn't been max level since Wrath I couldn't finish it before now. Account-wide achievements helped, but I did do All You Can Eat on the shammy on tuesday.

So happy, it's been nagging me since the raid group fell apart back in april 2010.
Paxen
 
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:38 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Amirya wrote:I'm wanting to find the 450 intellect staff for my remaining 2 casters (monk and warlock), am looking for the Hidden Master staff just because.


everyone looks for that damn staff.. I've found at least 12 of the others.. no sign of that one.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:48 pm

halabar wrote:
Amirya wrote:I'm wanting to find the 450 intellect staff for my remaining 2 casters (monk and warlock), am looking for the Hidden Master staff just because.


everyone looks for that damn staff.. I've found at least 12 of the others.. no sign of that one.

you mean the staff my mage leveled with and i have little use for now?

edit - and just saw the changes to priests on the ptr, might have use of it yet
Last edited by bldavis on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:07 pm

Taxes filed! Whoop whoop!
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby culhag » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:46 pm

I've been going to Naxx-10 every week since 5.1 and the T7 boots finally dropped.
User avatar
culhag
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am
Location: France

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Newsom » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Got my all gold challenge mode transmog gear! Though I'm not sure if I'll keep it on... can't find a matching shield that I'm really happy with. Was fun getting it though!
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nordix » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:30 am

Either grandmarshal shield or toc10m anubarak tankshield.
User avatar
Nordix
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:29 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:00 am

Nikachelle wrote:Taxes filed! Whoop whoop!


Same here - and this time we've finally learned our lesson on pay deductions, so next year shouldn't hurt so bad. :P
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Chunes » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:18 am

been a long while since I got any money back for taxes, but we still file them as early as possible each year.

I think this year as a couple we got like 120 back from state/fed combined. Guess we're doing our deductions right if we neither owe, nor are owed.

Still, I miss the little bonus I used to get around this time of year when I was younger.
User avatar
Chunes
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:23 am

For the last... two years (three years?) we've been getting about a grand back. Invis had school credits this year that I was able to absorb (and give me credit) and last year he showed up as my dependent due to lower income. Gives me a huugggge tax break. Prior to that I was paying an additional $100 or so a year once I left school. Nothing major, but like you're saying Chunes, when I was in university I was getting back about 2-3k per year in taxes which was a lovely bonus!
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:30 am

Chunes wrote:been a long while since I got any money back for taxes, but we still file them as early as possible each year.

I think this year as a couple we got like 120 back from state/fed combined. Guess we're doing our deductions right if we neither owe, nor are owed.

Still, I miss the little bonus I used to get around this time of year when I was younger.


we've been the opposite for a couple years: basically somehow monkeyed up our deductions (and we changed brackets) and ended up needing to come up with a fat wad of cash.

Ideally, yeah, you'd get nothing back nor owe anything (that way you aren't giving the government an interest free loan, nor taking one out from them, at least if I recall the arguments correctly). Though some come to think of it more like time-shifting their pay (or even as 'free money') and ending up with this big payout of money that would have been theirs in the first place (how tax refund time ends up generating sales, etc.).

so I'd rather be on the end of recieving a small refund than owing, just from a budgeting perspective.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest