Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Invisusira » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:57 am

PsiVen wrote:Grats Invis! I guess I should get started on farming those...

Finally finished Challenge Conqueror: Gold tonight! It has mostly been an issue of finding the time, but damn those were crazy. Most fun I've had in 5-mans since TBC launch.

Dwarf males are one of the few characters that manage to actually look badass in helmets.
Invisusira

Postby Teranoid » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:16 pm

Swift Zulian Panther get! (finally)

13 more mounts for 200 ><
Teranoid

Postby Chunes » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:12 am

Second set of bindings ready for thunderfury creation numero dos on an alt of mine. I think that makes my bindings-sighted count about 9 or so now.

Still have yet to see the eye of sulfuras drop :(
Chunes

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:15 am

Invisusira wrote:
PsiVen wrote:Grats Invis! I guess I should get started on farming those...

Finally finished Challenge Conqueror: Gold tonight! It has mostly been an issue of finding the time, but damn those were crazy. Most fun I've had in 5-mans since TBC launch.

Dwarf males are one of the few characters that manage to actually look badass in helmets.

It is prolly the beard.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:47 am

Chunes wrote:Second set of bindings ready for thunderfury creation numero dos on an alt of mine. I think that makes my bindings-sighted count about 9 or so now.

I'll gladly trade you one of my Sulfuras from any of my 10 alts that have one for a Garr binding. -_-
Teranoid

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:40 am

Teranoid wrote:
Chunes wrote:Second set of bindings ready for thunderfury creation numero dos on an alt of mine. I think that makes my bindings-sighted count about 9 or so now.

I'll gladly trade you one of my Sulfuras from any of my 10 alts that have one for a Garr binding. -_-

you should run with my lock, he has 3 garr bindings but no geddon

edit: oh yeah and i now have 7 90s, still without a repeat class yet, but next one will be my second dk just because my dk has my bs that is my last remaining prof for master of all

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Chunes » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:50 am

Teranoid wrote:

:( would that I could.

Geddon is the stingy one for me usually. Garr drops bindings like they're hot for me. I think the ratio is like 3:1 now. Two sets will have been for TF's on my account, one for my pala buddy I used to raid with in cata.
Chunes

Postby econ21 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:46 pm

Six level 90s later and I finally get round to rolling a brewmaster.

My verdict, which must be read in a Lili voice, is that they are ... AWESOME!

At first (level 10ish), I was afraid that I'd made bad mistake going brewmaster, as my "rotation" was so much worse in the ox stance than the tiger one. However, by level 15 once I started tanking instances, I became a killing machine. (To be fair, this is probably true of all low level tanks with heirlooms but the brewmaster seems to start off with a pretty tight set of dps tools from a low level whereas some other tanks feel incomplete at low level - e.g. palas with no shotr).

Just now, I learnt guard and expel harm, and discovered I now have two of my favorite tanking tools - sacred shield and death strike - in one class. I got some good practice in using them, soloing Stockades on level.

I still don't quite get stagger but perhaps I don't need to until I get purifying brew at L75 (sounds like a long time to wait).
econ21

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:15 pm

stagger does take on whole new meaning once you get purifying brew and once you start getting above moderate level
honestly brewmaster is a lot more fun than i thought it would be while leveling!

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby PsiVen » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:12 pm

I'm definitely having a blast leveling my new Brewmaster (31 today). Rolling around keg smashing half the instance is so awesome. The combination of Dizzying Haze and Roll make it REALLY easy to kite trash around in massive packs.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Sagara » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Aaaaaaand Dark Animus is down. The taste is still bitter though - I was DPS for nearly all attempts, but because the other tanks kept dying, I was called in to taunt off the massive when my small add is drained off.

So I jump in prot spec, fearing to get my face torn off... Only to basically solo tank BOTH of the goddamn things for a nice fat 20 secs.

No matter, Primordius did drop his shield in Thunderforged format. Weee! \o/
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Andurin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:24 am

Had a 45 minute window saturday evening to murder Empress. And 20 minutes into that she fell over. And we actually made the traps. Now only Toes left before we go poke the thunder king.
Andurin

Postby bldavis » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:55 am

Andurin wrote:Had a 45 minute window saturday evening to murder Empress. And 20 minutes into that she fell over. And we actually made the traps. Now only Toes left before we go poke the thunder king.

gratz! we started working on her tonight after our first ambershaper kill, lurkers is now 15/16 T14
we also got to the third gate on horridon a times, so progress on that front too!

oh and i replaced my first epic on my dk (pvp ring from sha) with a thunderforged drop form jihn'rok :mrgreen:

bldavis

Postby Sagara » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:59 am

Gratz to everyone ^^
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Winkle » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:15 am

Sounds like a successful Easter weekend for all. Like Psiven I've been running CM's, currently 8/9 gold, managed to get 31st world fastest SM clear at 9mins in the process, which was a bit of a surprise.
Winkle

PreviousNext

Return to General