Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Fetzie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:18 am

They also get the 10% rep boost from Guild Level. So one insignia grants 2200 reputation. And if you are a human, you get even more.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Newsom » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:35 am

And the Darkmoon Faire carousel buff works too! :)
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby bldavis » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:41 am

so iow guys and gals, save up the insignias for the next DMF, and turn them all in for OMGREPGASM!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:52 am

Newsom wrote:
Teranoid wrote:The Warbringers are in static locations in every zone and the scouts float around near them.

From what we noticed there is nothing really set in their spawns except for the fact that at least one HAS to be up at any given time. The scouts seem like they have a shorter spawn time but they also wander all over the place.

Nah, they spawn just regular Pandaria rares (30 min to 2 hour timer). There will be 1-2 scouts spawning near a warbringer as long as it's alive. Killing the warbringer will make the scouts nearby despawn.

There are 5 Warbringers total (one in each coastal zone) in fixed locations (hard to miss since there's always a huge skyscreamer nearby). They have a 5% chance to drop the mount they're riding, and always drop 4-6 insignas (BoA, gives 1000 reputation to one of the 5.0 factions) and usually some bags of crafting materials.

Scouts only drop 1 insigna and ~15% chance at a small bag with crafting materials.

Actually, as Fenrir noted, the scouts don't despawn. I've hunted plenty of them with no Warbringer in sight.

The warbringers do seem to spawn one right after the other, then once all 5 are dead, it will take 30 min or so before they show up again. However, if one of the 5 was killed a while before the others, the cycle can get a bit messed up.

Also, the scouts have really long pats. I killed one in Towlong that had patted all the way up to the ShadowPan camp, and had just turned around there.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fetzie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:52 am

Not WoW related, but a minor success nonetheless: I can now play the first movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata (14th Sonata) on the piano without too much difficulty. Getting better. Switching between base and treble cleft on the same line is confusing :/
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:22 am

Well it took going to four drugstores and two department stores... but I finally found a place that still had them in stock.

*hugs my one kilo bag of mini eggs*
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:01 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Well it took going to four drugstores and two department stores... but I finally found a place that still had them in stock.

*hugs my one kilo bag of mini eggs*

I have this hilarious chibi image in my head as a result of this. Sadly I can't put it into a form I can show anyone else :P
benebarba

Postby Amirya » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:12 pm

I actually purchased Rosetta Stone for Japanese because I've run out of excuses to not learn my mother's language.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Lieris » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:49 pm

Amirya wrote:I actually purchased Rosetta Stone for Japanese because I've run out of excuses to not learn my mother's language.

Rosetta Stone is kind of lousy, there are much better free resources out there that I would be more than happy to share if you like.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Yes, please. I was waffling on RS for a couple of years, but I've gotten nothing but positive reviews from people I talked to (including one today, who is learning German).
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby econ21 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:12 pm

Tanked Oondasta - that was an interesting experience.

The key thing seemed to be the frill blast - 800k fire damage. Icy veins says avoid it, but that does not sound very plausible (a comment says the head will follow you if you try) - or is it right? A wowhead comment said have a CD available for each breath, which sounds more likely.

But I was struggling - I don't think holy avenger will count, as shotr is only against physical damage. Unglyphed DivProt should be ok, ditto AD and GoAK. I doubt bubble would work - you can't taunt so wouldn't he just turn to the next highest on the aggro table?

What external CDs could you call on? I know disc priests have pain suppression. What others are there?
econ21

Postby Fetzie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:27 pm

Double-stamina trinkets to get more than 800k life? :)

Unglyphed DP with US will be up for every other Frill Blast. Don't try to turn the boss, the cast time is really short and you'll probably end up killing 50 people.

Fetzie

Postby Lieris » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Amirya wrote:Yes, please. I was waffling on RS for a couple of years, but I've gotten nothing but positive reviews from people I talked to (including one today, who is learning German).

I will PM you later today with the good stuff. :) RS can teach you some good stuff and some good stuff is better than nothing at all (procrastination is the enemy of every language learner!) but if fluency is your goal it will not get you anywhere near to achieving that as it is very basic.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:58 am

I finally got to the bottom of my 300 ms+ latency in WoW, my crappy Virgin Superhub. Set up a decent router and now can actually play without lag.Might actually start doing LFR as a tank now.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:48 am

Fetzie wrote:Double-stamina trinkets to get more than 800k life? :)

Unglyphed DP with US will be up for every other Frill Blast. Don't try to turn the boss, the cast time is really short and you'll probably end up killing 50 people.

The boss definately can turn during the cast, too. On the kill I got last week, which was terrible, the boss spun around 180 degrees halfway through every single cast, oneshotting most of the two raids that were fighting him.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General