Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:24 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Fetzie wrote:That was Nihilum

Yeah, but if I recall correctly, Paragon came from Nihilum's ashes... or was that Ensidia?

That was Ensidia, Paragon pretty much always used a paladin + feral as their main tanks.
Rhiannon

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:27 pm

Flex wrote:
bldavis wrote:10s are tuned lighter due to no 10 man raid will ever have EVERY buff all the time, where as 25s are expected to

Pretty sure you can get full buff/debuff coverage with a 5 man group now.

Yep, it's not that hard to get if you're flexible about your raid setup. Unfortunately my raid setup isn't (we have two warriors, if I played a DK, rogue, enhance or hunter instead or a warrior then we'd have every buff covered).
Rhiannon

Postby bldavis » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:51 pm

Rhiannon wrote:
Flex wrote:
bldavis wrote:10s are tuned lighter due to no 10 man raid will ever have EVERY buff all the time, where as 25s are expected to

Pretty sure you can get full buff/debuff coverage with a 5 man group now.

Yep, it's not that hard to get if you're flexible about your raid setup. Unfortunately my raid setup isn't (we have two warriors, if I played a DK, rogue, enhance or hunter instead or a warrior then we'd have every buff covered).

you can but its not always a guarantee..for example, take my horde guild
the only 2 poison dispells we have are our feral druid and our tankadin
our healers are 2 shaman and a holy priest...which now that i think of it, until someone *cough*Ami*cough* finishes leveling thier druid, that is what we have in my alliance guild too :shock:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Sagara » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:11 am

Late to the party, but mad props, Treck!
Go get him, tiger! Hu... Cow!... Tiger-cow?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Andurin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:50 am

New toys :o A laptop with Windows 8 and a server to distribute apps with on all inhouse apple devices... I`m in for a treat today :D To bad its all work related :p
Andurin

Postby econ21 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:30 am

Not a success per se, but just to say how much I enjoyed doing the second installment of LFR ToT on my disc priest alt last night. We wiped once or twice on the first boss, about four times on the bird and must have been there for hours, but it was a hoot. People were good natured, teaching and learning, having fun. It felt like a "real raid". So much more enjoyable than the usual silent zerg for valor points that most of the LFD or LFR content eventually becomes.

I guess this is partly because ToT is very new for me (only seen the first boss on normal) - it looks awesome. I haven't been this enthusiastic about WoW for a long time - partly because, fingers crossed, my guild looks like we will be able to keep regularly raiding, so will get to see ToT for "real".
econ21

Postby Sagara » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:43 am

If I may, opinions on the snails? :-p
I find those an endless amount of fun in LFR.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fetzie » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:02 am

Annoying.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:08 am

I had a very smooth run on 2nd wing LFR on Sunday. No wipes, only a few deaths to snails, easy. Probably the worst bit was Tortos when people were kicking shells randomly and letting breaths get through, but it didn't matter at all because a full uninterrupted breath barely did any damage on LFR.

It was much better than the first wing on LFR. I've wiped to soft enrage on Jin'rokh in first wing LFR.
Last edited by KysenMurrin on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Andurin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:09 am

econ21 wrote:Not a success per se, but just to say how much I enjoyed doing the second installment of LFR ToT on my disc priest alt last night. We wiped once or twice on the first boss, about four times on the bird and must have been there for hours, but it was a hoot. People were good natured, teaching and learning, having fun. It felt like a "real raid". So much more enjoyable than the usual silent zerg for valor points that most of the LFD or LFR content eventually becomes.

I guess this is partly because ToT is very new for me (only seen the first boss on normal) - it looks awesome. I haven't been this enthusiastic about WoW for a long time - partly because, fingers crossed, my guild looks like we will be able to keep regularly raiding, so will get to see ToT for "real".

I see what you did there... :mrgreen:

But I just cba to join the new LFR wings... always feels like its going to take forever to get trough there and I just dont want that =P

On a success note: Our dog got promoted again. Byebye beginnersgroup!
Andurin

Postby econ21 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:31 am

Sagara wrote:If I may, opinions on the snails? :-p
I find those an endless amount of fun in LFR.

When we first encountered them, someone called them "snakes", so that became a running joke for the night. There something about being a healer that makes LFR immeasurably more fun. Partly, it's because you can sit back a bit and be somewhat more detached, getting a bigger picture (maybe ranged dps can too, never tried that role, but presumably they tunnel a bit more) and not stressing too much. Maybe it's sadism, but I found it amusing to watch the health bars flat line one by one, like the colonial marines first encountering aliens in the eponymous film.

Andurin wrote:But I just cba to join the new LFR wings... always feels like its going to take forever to get trough there and I just dont want that =P

Yeah, you've got to be willing to devote the time. I found it frustrating as a dps, but a joy as a healer, not exactly sure why. It surprised me. I've yet to do ToT LFR as a tank, but given the horrible dps queues and the apparent tank shortage, I think I'll have to (I have four tank chars).
econ21

Postby Winkle » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:54 am

Tank queues are horrendous, longer or at least of a similar length to dps queues.
Winkle

Postby djlar » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:57 am

I had a surprisingly good LFR run, I only did first wing though, but there's no wipes, not even the bridge boss, we downed first boss when we were on the 3rd pool of water (usually comes down near soft enrage), only one distracted DPS died, second boss no deaths, also one shot, 3rd boss went down so quickly (there was only one empowerment per boss and they were down), on top of the great run finally a coin produced loot, a helmet upgrade from i489 to i502, and looks cool also.
djlar

Postby Threck » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:00 am

bldavis wrote:GL TRECK!
(and screw you threck!)

My my.. /looksoverglasses... isn't it past your bedtime?
Threck

Postby Threck » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:10 am

but for a guild like Paragon, you can have the buffs you need for a given fight, as well as being insanely good at the game, with lighter tuning.

I kind of doubt that for heroic modes, and perhaps even not as much for regulars these days. With GC's recent post regarding the 10 vs 25 health tuning, it's really more about ratios.
Threck

PreviousNext

Return to General