Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Sagara » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:34 am

Garalon throw the debuff at the first player to hit him, if memory serves. I'd suggest timing the pull yourself and slapping people that get the debuff first on the wrist.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3453
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Xfighter » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:45 am

It's not really reliable to say "first to hit him", I've found it tends to be the one closest to him as he throws it out. Had melee hitting legs after I pulled him first before, and they were a few steps closer than me and would get it. Thus I always pull and run in (rather close) to the purple circle till he tosses it out, and then just strafe to a further distance allowing my co-tank to be in the cleave.
Xfighter
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:53 am

Yeah, it's nearest person on the pull. Our Rogue kept getting it at first. Have the raid stand back until it goes out.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6989
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Andurin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:58 am

Sagara wrote:Garalon throw the debuff at the first player to hit him, if memory serves. I'd suggest timing the pull yourself and slapping people that get the debuff first on the wrist.


Thats what we tried, and failed horribly at.

KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, it's nearest person on the pull. Our Rogue kept getting it at first. Have the raid stand back until it goes out.


Ok, that sounds a bit logical ^^ We`ll go and try that next time :) Thanks for the info :D
Andurin
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Sagara » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:10 am

Right. Probably because we always were careful to stay *way* back before the puller was done.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3453
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:00 am

Andurin wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, it's nearest person on the pull. Our Rogue kept getting it at first. Have the raid stand back until it goes out.


Ok, that sounds a bit logical ^^ We`ll go and try that next time :) Thanks for the info :D


We did that as well. We'd all stand at the base of the stairs, the first kiter would step out and pull (in our case it was a hunter), then wait for the first pheromone pool to form before moving (disengage). Yeah, you get one puddle near the center of the room but it made really easy to know who had it and avoid LFR syndrome.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:01 am

thursday morning and i'm valorcapped
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11226
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Fetzie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:17 am

Klaudandus wrote:thursday morning and i'm valorcapped

Weekly Valor Cap as of right now: 50/1000

:)
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2229
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Astronomic » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:49 am

Finally got sha of fear down in our 25man group. we've been doing it in our 10man for some time but, the whole 25 man felt more satisfying.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
User avatar
Astronomic
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:19 am
Location: Arathor

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Kelerei » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:30 am

Haven't been here for a while (moving places meant internetlessness) -- but we finally downed Garalon (10N), then got the Wind Lord Mel'jarak kill almost immediately afterwards.

Doesn't look like the random amber bug will be too bad as soon as everyone gets used to playing as a construct, though 5.2 will hit before we down Shek'zeer.
Kelerei
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:21 am
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Fetzie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:44 pm

More a success than a frustration (I think). I finally got the trash loot stamina trinket from MVG. In the penultimate ID before the patch.


>.>

I guess this should have gone in the frustrations thread after all.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2229
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Winkle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:49 am

Lei Shi HC killed on the last pull of the night yesterday leaving us 10/16HC. We're going to try and get Amber Shaper before the patch.
Winkle
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:43 am

First week of real raiding with my new 25/10 team (we raid 25-man on W, and then a 10-man "clean-up" team continues on Th). Only first three bosses down of MV, but it was so nice to be drama-free, quickly weed out those with "bad connections" and have raid leaders that listen to people that have done the fights before. Have a lot of first-time or first-time-for-Panda raiders. It's good.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:07 am

Finally put my foot down and quit my job that has been basically responsible for me almost having a mental breakdown over the past few weeks.

Good riddance.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:35 am

Teranoid wrote:Finally put my foot down and quit my job that has been basically responsible for me almost having a mental breakdown over the past few weeks.

Good riddance.


g'luck~
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11226
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest