Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:05 am

Worldie wrote:Blizzard announced a 5% damage buff to SPs!

It's not really enough, but it's already an improvement from not being considered at all :P

And some nice MM and SV buffs. Will be interesting to see how it maths out.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Andurin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:30 am

\o/ Whoohoo :P

Leveling my paladin in The Dread Wastes, with the Klaxxi commendation... Did 4 daily's and a bunch of quests, am at 50% of my level, and revered with the Klaxxi... That commendation is awsome ^^
Andurin

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:22 am

econ21 wrote:I was rewarded with the Sha weapon for my endeavours, although averaging only 471 ilevel, I can't see hitting 480 before the patch. I guess I will have to buy some more 496 shieldwall stuff after the patch when it is discounted, unless the new VP "consolation" gear GC mentioned providing to non-raiders is more attractive.

May be worth going for the higher ilevel Neutral rep valor gear from Shado-Pan Assault. (The non-raider gear is at Revered on the new faction, again, and only ilevel 496.)
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:58 am

It's not really enough, but it's already an improvement from not being considered at all :P

Actually only a 4% buff (a 5 percentpoint buff) (1.2/1.25 = .96 or 1.25/1.2 = 1.04(1666...))

But that with the buffs to single spells should be good enough currently.

Also, yay for MM buffs, not sure SV needed them, though it could be prudent (from a design standpoint) to not have the 50/50 dps split spec be the top spec, when tuning raid encounters, and have the more hunterfocused spec be at least as good. (Though honestly I don't think SV really needed a buff, though it was lower than BM it was within the margin, MM did need a buff though)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Flex » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:38 am

You keep saying that, but unless raidbots is completely broken, which is completely possible since the two options are Top 100 and everyone, it simply isn't the case that shadow is not competitive especially when compared to some other specs, like all specs of hunter.

KysenMurrin wrote:May be worth going for the higher ilevel Neutral rep valor gear from Shado-Pan Assault. (The non-raider gear is at Revered on the new faction, again, and only ilevel 496.)

Did they completely nuke the 476s for gold? Wont get you to 480 but might help.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:23 am

4% is a decent buff. There really aren't any specs that are so far out of line that more than that would be warranted. Player perspective exaggerates the differences.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:28 am

Flex wrote:

You keep saying that, but unless raidbots is completely broken, which is completely possible since the two options are Top 100 and everyone, it simply isn't the case that shadow is not competitive especially when compared to some other specs, like all specs of hunter.

Link me this please as I've not seen it and would be interested in it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:42 am

Worldie wrote:
Flex wrote:

Link me this please as I've not seen it and would be interested in it.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:19 pm

Well that looks much better than a couple ptr-patches before.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:06 pm

But that's not from ptr, that's a collation of WoL from live.
Rhiannon

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Yeah. Live SPriest is showing consistently middle of the pack among casters on overall, and 3rd best caster on the top 100. And on the overall chart Warlocks and Arcane seem to be something of an outlier.
KysenMurrin

Postby Andurin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:48 am

2 new bossess down in Heart of Fear (frist 2) in about an hour ^^ Mage had to leave a bit early so we called it and I managed to get my paladin to 90 (finally). Ran trough Arena of Annialation and got a new weapon, bought a 463 shield for 200gold and got the tank necklace from the event boss ^^

Tonight i`ll be exalted with the August Celestials on my priest :D
Andurin

Postby Sagara » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:51 am

Andurin wrote:2 new bossess down in Heart of Fear (frist 2) in about an hour ^^ Mage had to leave a bit early so we called it and I managed to get my paladin to 90 (finally). Ran trough Arena of Annialation and got a new weapon, bought a 463 shield for 200gold and got the tank necklace from the event boss ^^

Gratz! Best of luck with Garalon - he's kind of a bitch.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Andurin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:32 am

Sagara wrote:
Andurin wrote:2 new bossess down in Heart of Fear (frist 2) in about an hour ^^ Mage had to leave a bit early so we called it and I managed to get my paladin to 90 (finally). Ran trough Arena of Annialation and got a new weapon, bought a 463 shield for 200gold and got the tank necklace from the event boss ^^

Gratz! Best of luck with Garalon - he's kind of a bitch.

Noticed that in the 2 tries we had... I was supposed to kite, but he targetted 2 diffrent random players twice :( I think its just a matter of getting the chaos down to a manageable level and kill him after that ^^
Andurin

Postby Sagara » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:34 am

Garalon throw the debuff at the first player to hit him, if memory serves. I'd suggest timing the pull yourself and slapping people that get the debuff first on the wrist.

Sagara

Postby Xfighter » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:45 am

It's not really reliable to say "first to hit him", I've found it tends to be the one closest to him as he throws it out. Had melee hitting legs after I pulled him first before, and they were a few steps closer than me and would get it. Thus I always pull and run in (rather close) to the purple circle till he tosses it out, and then just strafe to a further distance allowing my co-tank to be in the cleave.
Xfighter

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:53 am

Yeah, it's nearest person on the pull. Our Rogue kept getting it at first. Have the raid stand back until it goes out.
KysenMurrin

Postby Andurin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:58 am

Sagara wrote:Garalon throw the debuff at the first player to hit him, if memory serves. I'd suggest timing the pull yourself and slapping people that get the debuff first on the wrist.

Thats what we tried, and failed horribly at.

KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, it's nearest person on the pull. Our Rogue kept getting it at first. Have the raid stand back until it goes out.

Ok, that sounds a bit logical ^^ We`ll go and try that next time :) Thanks for the info :D
Andurin

Postby Sagara » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:10 am

Right. Probably because we always were careful to stay *way* back before the puller was done.

Sagara

Postby benebarba » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:00 am

Andurin wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, it's nearest person on the pull. Our Rogue kept getting it at first. Have the raid stand back until it goes out.

Ok, that sounds a bit logical ^^ We`ll go and try that next time :) Thanks for the info :D

We did that as well. We'd all stand at the base of the stairs, the first kiter would step out and pull (in our case it was a hunter), then wait for the first pheromone pool to form before moving (disengage). Yeah, you get one puddle near the center of the room but it made really easy to know who had it and avoid LFR syndrome.
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:01 am

thursday morning and i'm valorcapped
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:17 am

Klaudandus wrote:thursday morning and i'm valorcapped

Weekly Valor Cap as of right now: 50/1000

:)
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Astronomic » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:49 am

Finally got sha of fear down in our 25man group. we've been doing it in our 10man for some time but, the whole 25 man felt more satisfying.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby Kelerei » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:30 am

Haven't been here for a while (moving places meant internetlessness) -- but we finally downed Garalon (10N), then got the Wind Lord Mel'jarak kill almost immediately afterwards.

Doesn't look like the random amber bug will be too bad as soon as everyone gets used to playing as a construct, though 5.2 will hit before we down Shek'zeer.
Kelerei

Postby Fetzie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:44 pm

More a success than a frustration (I think). I finally got the trash loot stamina trinket from MVG. In the penultimate ID before the patch.

>.>

I guess this should have gone in the frustrations thread after all.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

PreviousNext

Return to General