Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:53 am

I think sabin and aergis would shoot me if i proposed that.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:54 am

Worldie wrote:This forum really needs an added /Like function to posts.

As much as that would be cool, with the current state of the Cloudflare downtimes, that would make things that much worse.

I would like to know if it's a Cloudflare issue or an issue with the actual hosting. Or perhaps the security settings at Cloudflare (I use Cloudflare for some sites that I manage).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nooska » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:28 pm

[Pandaren Ambassador], [40 Exalted Reputations] and VP cap reached on thursday evening - this is going to be a good week.

Oh also, our 4/6 was underscored today with a clear of all 4 downed so far and time for 3 pulls of Elegon.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Rhagen » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:57 pm

Heroic Stone Guards down today : D late to the heroic mode party but about time to start knocking em out : p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0PtyKxbxrY
Rhagen

Postby JoeBravo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:03 am

got everything done up to Garalon in our first raidday of the lockout, and only failed on the latter due to sudden latency issues with one of our members.

So was hoping for good progress on sunday and tuesday, but we're missing 3 ppl (ot of 12) on sunday, so only one day left.

nevertheless, had a good evening, lots of usefull loot.

also: don't know what's up with our monk dps and druid healer, but they manage to get ranked and awful lot.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-65o18z0uv06tqry5/
bastards.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Lastwolf » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:48 am

Era wrote:I think it's fair to assume that a majority of us here root for Method mainly because of Treckie. ^^

He's our oooown, preeeciousssss little ssssupertank.

I'm conflicted, I was on Sylvanas back in the day, so Method pretty much personified the Alliance at that time for me. Every time I was killed outside a raid zone it was Method's fault, I didn't need to look at their names or guild tag... I knew.

But now they are Horde and some of them are Tauren, so I can't hate.
Lastwolf

Postby Teranoid » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:57 am

So what you're saying is pvp happened on a pvp server.

Interesting..
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:05 am

I think he's just being anecdotal
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Andurin » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:11 am

Teranoid wrote:So what you're saying is pvp happened on a pvp server.

Interesting..

Sounds more like random slaughter, just like on Spinebreaker EU. There are actually groups of hordes patrolling around killing random solo alliance players that try to do the golden lotus daily's. And you can group up with other people since the realm is just about dead on alliance players. Now that I leveled a new character on a pve server I dont feel like going back to my other level 85+ chars at all...
Andurin

Postby Lastwolf » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:25 am

Teranoid wrote:So what you're saying is pvp happened on a pvp server.

Interesting..

I wasn't crying, those were good times.
Lastwolf

Postby Teranoid » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:30 am

Yeah it's hard to tell anymore. People go to pvp servers and within an hour of being there hit the forums complaining about ganks and whatnot.

I will say though there are times where I'm levelling alts on pve servers and it's like "oh so this is what it's like to get things done without having to constantly look over my shoulder". I don't mind either but it always seems like PvE servers never have the type of progression that PvP does which has basically stopped me from moving.
Teranoid

Postby Mannstein » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:55 am

Teranoid wrote:Yeah it's hard to tell anymore. People go to pvp servers and within an hour of being there hit the forums complaining about ganks and whatnot.

I will say though there are times where I'm levelling alts on pve servers and it's like "oh so this is what it's like to get things done without having to constantly look over my shoulder". I don't mind either but it always seems like PvE servers never have the type of progression that PvP does which has basically stopped me from moving.

I have almost always been on a PvP server... it's something special... i know how frustating is to be ganked by a (insert random class) for hours... or be happily doing some quest at lvl20, and geting 1shoted by a riding lvl70 or flying lvl 85... been there, done that...

But in exchange now when i'm doing a quest i'm always thinking, "Is this warrior, just waiting for me to be at low life?", or getting pulled into a world PvP gangbang.

Would i prefer getting ganked to be able to quest is perfect tranquility? YES
Give me world PvP every day and twice at Sunday. I never gank anyone but i want to have the risk.

P.S. You know you are on a "wicked" PvP server when you are looking over your shoulder to prevent being ganked.. then you remember you are still lvl 6 and there isn't any alliance in that starting area..
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby halabar » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Finally got my third Crystal of Insanity, so all three of my 90's have it. Really nice for dailies and LFR.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fetzie » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:25 pm

Mannstein wrote:P.S. You know you are on a "wicked" PvP server when you are looking over your shoulder to prevent being ganked.. then you remember you are still lvl 6 and there isn't any alliance in that starting area..

The PvP server I'm on might as well be converted into a PvE server, the only time horde and alliance come into contact is while doing dailies, and both sides seem to just want to get them over and done with, and thus completely ignore the presence of the other faction.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:19 pm

got my xbox 360 working again and got fall of cybertron for 25 bucks (thank you walmart black friday specials =P)

damn! that game is awesome! graphics, gameplay, story, and music!
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General