Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Shoju » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:40 am

lythac wrote:Soloed Razorgore on my warrior. It wasn't too difficult and I'm pretty sure it is possible for Paladins to do now..

Did the rest of the place in about half an hour picking up the following for mogging purposes -

Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood
The Untamed Blade
Draconic Maul

And to sell -

3 Elementium Ingot
Dwarven Hand Cannon

Zero Wrath though -.-

What did they do to make him soloable?
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:48 pm

T14 Gloves GET!!!

Frustration: the model for the gloves is that of t13 for some reason...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:53 pm

Elegon finally bit the dust yesterday. Followed by WotE... in 2 tries :-p
And tonight I'm gettingthe final headcount for the second raid team, with tentative release day of Sunday!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby JoeBravo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:20 am

Sagara wrote:Elegon finally bit the dust yesterday. Followed by WotE... in 2 tries :-p
And tonight I'm gettingthe final headcount for the second raid team, with tentative release day of Sunday!

in proper khalasari style:
:lol:
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby lythac » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:49 am

Shoju wrote:
lythac wrote:Soloed Razorgore on my warrior. It wasn't too difficult and I'm pretty sure it is possible for Paladins to do now.

What did they do to make him soloable?

The controlling time doesn't get cut in half when you take damage. So 90 seconds of controlling him with only a 60 second debuff preventing you from controlling him again.

For Warriors and Druids it was possible to solo him (without bugging it) during Cata but with increased HP, Second Wind and the full 90 seconds of controlling him, it has become child's play for Warriors now.

1) Move up to 3 mobs on platform.
2) Get naked.
3) Get in defensive stance, re-equip gear, use a shield (my HP drops to 43ish%).
4) Engage and kill mobs and let Razorgore come up to you.
5) Do not control, sit down to get autocrit.
6) When mobs are comming in 10-12 seconds control Razorgore, destroy egg closest to controlling orb, then other egg and position Razorgore back against the wall in a central position.
7) Wait for adds. All the adds. The adds run to the controlling orb (behaviour if they can't aggro anything) and should aggro you on proximity. Occasionally they will go to Razorgore, but you are on their threat table and as soon as a heal ticks they go back to you. The heal from Second Wind is greater than the damage the mobs put out.
8) With about 10 seconds leave on control, run Razorgore to other end of room, avoiding the group of mobs as they cleave, chance you may pick up a newly spawning add as you run.
9) Click on orb. Only once.
10) If you picked up a melee add, return to the orb position and let healing aggro take it off you. Caster mobs don't really matter.
11) Kill all the eggs.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Teranoid » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:14 am

There was also a tweet I think about a week ago from Ghostcrawler saying they were looking at possibly changing him so that you can solo it without having to go to such a length.

Let's be honest.. it's a 7 year old raid instance and it's the only boss that requires more than 1 person. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed Kalecgos as well but maybe that's wishful thinking.
Teranoid

Postby Winkle » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:56 am

Nordix wrote:Only shado pan/Brewery and Mogushan are left for the gold cm mode gear.

I dont know what rustles me more,Brewery or the jump in mogushan.

spent about 2 hours lastnight failing at the jump or not dropping combat before 1st boss, annoying.

Brewery is certainly nicer i feel, with a bit of luck you can 5 dps the last boss.
Winkle

Postby benebarba » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:33 am

Tanked LFR MSV pts 1&2 (except emps).

No loot, but got to ROFLstomp pt 1, with a couple deaths due to noobness (and I don't think the other tank got banished on spiritbinder... is that normal? DBM seemed eerily quiet and I didn't notice any aggro drop)

emps on the other hand... 3 attempts and I gave up (did start getting the dance down, at least) and did a heroic to help gear up some guildies. I could tell when the healers went OOM each time, I know the guildie healer I was with determined he needed to adjust his healing strategy. I can see this one being a struggle when we get to it on normal. Though I think a large part of the fail was DPS not killing adds, followed by them not dancing (and the tanks not doing it right every time) and finally healers probably spamming for all they are worth.
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:37 am

had no problems thru all of MSV and HoF LFR mode -- but then again, we had like 13 guildies in the raid.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Teranoid wrote:Let's be honest.. it's a 7 year old raid instance and it's the only boss that requires more than 1 person. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed Kalecgos as well but maybe that's wishful thinking.

If you mean amongst all the 7 year old raids... there is also C'thun (unless our newly increased hp makes it possible to survive.) Also, some would argue Viscidus, though that might be doable for a DK or Shaman. Priests and Mages don't have enough physical hits to shatter him, but are capable of freezing him. And none of the other classes have the frost damage to freeze him in the first place (maybe using Icy enchant?)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby culhag » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:31 pm

Skye1013 wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Let's be honest.. it's a 7 year old raid instance and it's the only boss that requires more than 1 person. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed Kalecgos as well but maybe that's wishful thinking.
If you mean amongst all the 7 year old raids... there is also C'thun (unless our newly increased hp makes it possible to survive.) Also, some would argue Viscidus, though that might be doable for a DK or Shaman. Priests and Mages don't have enough physical hits to shatter him, but are capable of freezing him. And none of the other classes have the frost damage to freeze him in the first place (maybe using Icy enchant?)

From the 5.1 patch notes :
• The Tidal Shield cast by High Warlord Naj'entus now has a reduced duration.
• Razorgore the Untamed no longer takes extra damage from Black Talon enemies, has more health, and can cast Destroy Egg more frequently.
• Viscidus now requires significantly fewer hits to freeze and Shatter.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby valura » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:22 am

Worldie wrote:
halabar wrote:35 min after hitting 90, my shammy was in queue for LFR... 8)

That's called having too much money.

Or having very good friends. My Guildmaster has already made me Masterwork Phantasmal Hammer, Masterwork Spiritguard Shield, Breastplate of Ancient Steel and Gauntlets of Ancient Steel for when I hit 90 :D
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (78) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

Postby bldavis » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:25 am

our GM is leveling a shaman to help ease healing issues (iow having healers willing to raid)
and i made her a chest and some gloves
i would make her a weapon, but i am not to the point of leveling my dk bs on my alliance server

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nooska » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:35 am

^In the same vein I'm seriously considering gearing up my priest (mainly shadow) when I get home after the weekend to be able to heal.. not enough priest healing theorycrafting out there to make sure I do it right but, heck a semi good healer beats not having a healer (though with a paladintank I suppose half a healer would be gained without doing anything else)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby twinkfist » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:24 pm

dragged a friend into naxx25 so i could get the helm from kel (which did drop so i could finish my transmog). also got armageddon...was never really impressed with the look of the sword till i actually transmogged it.

it's actually very impressive because it is so freaking enormous. those were my successes. frustrations in frustration thread.
twinkfist

PreviousNext

Return to General