Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Mozen » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:06 pm

The chest I got from running scenarios have been giving me blues (appropriate to class) about 1/3 of the time. It's been very profitable for my two characters.

Admittedly, those blues don't have sockets, so heroic gear is still the place if you want to be doing regular 10/25 right after heroics. For me, I'm going to LFR first so having no sockets don't really matter that much.
Mozen
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:33 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Sagara » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:19 pm

Must have been unlucky then. I still like dungeons better when I can just shut off my brain, execute the fights and ignore the nagging.

"Pull more"
"Gogogo"
"You're going too fast"
"Why you let us die?" (because you stood in Carbonation, that's why)

Quick success - Tried Challenge mode a couple of days ago. Hoptallus tore us a new one, but we had a BLAST.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby lythac » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:40 am

Mozen wrote:The chest I got from running scenarios have been giving me blues (appropriate to class) about 1/3 of the time. It's been very profitable for my two characters.

Admittedly, those blues don't have sockets, so heroic gear is still the place if you want to be doing regular 10/25 right after heroics. For me, I'm going to LFR first so having no sockets don't really matter that much.


Wowhead lists (on 17/10) 3464 drops from 15752 Cache of Treasures a 22% chance of an item.

For DPS it seems pretty decent given instant queue.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
User avatar
lythac
Moderator
 
Posts: 2065
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:10 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Mannstein » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:18 am

So this week (Saturday) I start to do Sha of Fear on a PUG, i have a DC at 60% and when i log back in... Boss was already dead for a while and i had about 20gold. FFS i couldn't use my coin...

Monday after cleaning this week's raid, my guild decides to go Sha since there were a few that still hadn't done it and with 30raiders it's a cakewalk. I stay in the raid to help, since i like to think i'm a nice guy (unfortunaly no one agrees with me).

So Boss down, and i get the "use coin" option... do despite being a bug, at least i thought it was, i pressed yes(or roll) and on my bag promptly appears:
Tier Hands Mainspec
Tier Legs Mainspec

So this game did teach me one thing:
Help others, so good things happen to you.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:40 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:46 am

Bought the valor ring, and won a lfr ring, which I realized this morning means that I don't need to touch Headless Horseman this year, since both those rings are lower ilvl (HH is 370). /happydance
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Levantine » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:11 am

After having a drought of strength plate I get both of the pieces from Siege in one run. This pleases me since I hate that place for some reason.
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 7367
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Sagara » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:17 am

Mannstein wrote:So this week (Saturday) I start to do Sha of Fear on a PUG, i have a DC at 60% and when i log back in... Boss was already dead for a while and i had about 20gold. FFS i couldn't use my coin...

Monday after cleaning this week's raid, my guild decides to go Sha since there were a few that still hadn't done it and with 30raiders it's a cakewalk. I stay in the raid to help, since i like to think i'm a nice guy (unfortunaly no one agrees with me).

So Boss down, and i get the "use coin" option... do despite being a bug, at least i thought it was, i pressed yes(or roll) and on my bag promptly appears:
Tier Hands Mainspec
Tier Legs Mainspec

So this game did teach me one thing:
Help others, so good things happen to you.


Wanted to comment on this:

Apparently, you CAN use your coin every time you kill a raid boss, even Sha or Galleon during your 2nd or nth successive kill of the week.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:18 am

I thought that got changed recently and was just a bug?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8634
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Sagara » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:43 am

/shrug
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:31 am

Ear surgery completed. Was discharged today complete with stitches and ear packing so that I look like I walked out of Resident Evil (including sporting the shaved scalp line around the ear area). Unpleasantly, the doctor filled out my forms saying I'd be ready for work as of Monday. :|
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8400
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:47 am

Enjoy the week off? :lol:
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8634
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:56 am

Worldie wrote:Enjoy the week off? :lol:

All three days remaining of it! >.<
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8400
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Shoju » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:40 am

Over Lunch, I was approached by someone trying to pass out flyers related to the upcoming election. They handed me one, I looked at it, and handed it back. They said "But! VOTING IS IMPORTANT!"

I said, I know. I plan to vote. Just, not the same way you are.

He mumbled something under his breath, and as I got in my car, I turned, and saw he and his other flyer hander outer friend giving me the finger.

I should have just continued to drive, but I set my Emergency Brake, got out of the car, and walked back up to them. I said "You know what? I think I will take one of those."

The young man, obviously scared now, held it out meekly. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and began dialing the number of the sponsored by group on the flyer. Turns out, the group they were handing them out for didn't appreciate getting a phone call from an unhappy citizen who was just flipped off by two of their employees.

This, made my day.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby mavfin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:34 pm

halabar wrote:Say what you will about the dailies/lessertokens/greatertokens...

Shaman 4 rolls - LFR belt, LFR shoulders, gold, 483 PVP bracers
Hunter 1 roll - 493 gloves

Sofar, I'm liking this system....


So you're the one who took all my loot. 4 rolls, 28.5g each. (Expressing frustration, nothing more. :D )

Edit: And yeah, wrong thread. Whoops. Oh well.)
Last edited by mavfin on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Mav
mavfin
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:33 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:28 pm

Shoju wrote:Over Lunch, I was approached by someone trying to pass out flyers related to the upcoming election. They handed me one, I looked at it, and handed it back. They said "But! VOTING IS IMPORTANT!"

I said, I know. I plan to vote. Just, not the same way you are.

He mumbled something under his breath, and as I got in my car, I turned, and saw he and his other flyer hander outer friend giving me the finger.

I should have just continued to drive, but I set my Emergency Brake, got out of the car, and walked back up to them. I said "You know what? I think I will take one of those."

The young man, obviously scared now, held it out meekly. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and began dialing the number of the sponsored by group on the flyer. Turns out, the group they were handing them out for didn't appreciate getting a phone call from an unhappy citizen who was just flipped off by two of their employees.

This, made my day.

this made me lol
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Finally got Blackhoof! But Jonn-dar was dead. Again. Only him to go, though!
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4791
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Finally "exalted supa-doopa heroic +1 Mega champion of the argent crusade"
(or whatever the combined title is)

Got my Paladin charger mount back at last! As well as 2 Haste/+health back heirloom trinkets as I had so many seals to spend.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:07 pm

Glorious!
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4791
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Andurin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:04 am

Shoju wrote:Over Lunch, I was approached by someone trying to pass out flyers related to the upcoming election. They handed me one, I looked at it, and handed it back. They said "But! VOTING IS IMPORTANT!"

I said, I know. I plan to vote. Just, not the same way you are.

He mumbled something under his breath, and as I got in my car, I turned, and saw he and his other flyer hander outer friend giving me the finger.

I should have just continued to drive, but I set my Emergency Brake, got out of the car, and walked back up to them. I said "You know what? I think I will take one of those."

The young man, obviously scared now, held it out meekly. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and began dialing the number of the sponsored by group on the flyer. Turns out, the group they were handing them out for didn't appreciate getting a phone call from an unhappy citizen who was just flipped off by two of their employees.

This, made my day.


And this is why they dont put numbers on the dutch flyers anymore :(
Andurin
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Astronomic » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:53 am

So with no jasper chains this week, we 2 shot Stone Guard for our 1st kill. I got my druid belt :D
Went on to attempt Feng and got him to 38% after a few tries, but had to call the raid short.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
User avatar
Astronomic
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:19 am
Location: Arathor

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Cogglamp » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:24 am

Persuaded 4 guildees to group up and then 35 more of my closest realm friends (if by friends you mean anyone in Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Kun Lai Summit) to go kill Sha of Anger for the first time.

I then watched my FPS plummet to 2 and tried to heal.

People were dying and much hilarity ensued but I think we all had a good time especially when he fell over. While I couldn't comment on the actual fight as I couldn't do much with 2 fps, I enjoyed the feeling of being outside smacking on a world boss.

Galleon, you're next!
Cogglamp
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:04 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:04 am

Opened up a two-pack Starburst from the candie jar on my boss's desk and DIDN'T get a yellow one.

Pretty sure this is a clear sign I should play the lotto tonight.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Flex » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:48 am

Exalted Klaxxi. Exalted Anglers. More stuff I no longer "have" to do. Revered Shado-Pan and Celestials. Tomorrow will be Exalted Golden Lotus.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Astronomic » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:02 am

How are you revered with celestials and shado-pan? I've done the dailies since day 2 of the xpac and all the quests related to those reputations, and I'm still quite a few days away from revered.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
User avatar
Astronomic
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:19 am
Location: Arathor

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:08 am

Cogglamp wrote:Persuaded 4 guildees to group up and then 35 more of my closest realm friends (if by friends you mean anyone in Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Kun Lai Summit) to go kill Sha of Anger for the first time.

I then watched my FPS plummet to 2 and tried to heal.


Yeah, that fight, especially at the beginning, since Blizz's way of making things interesting is to give everyone 12 cooldowns to stack at once, makes me go to 2fps or less for the first 30 seconds..

Last night I did it, I was supposed to heal but they pulled before I changed specs, but it wouldn't matter as I would have no way of healing with what the fps was.. so I just hit Halo every 40 sec.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest