Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:02 pm

halabar wrote:Spriest is up to 65, but I am going to have to investigate a Disc spec for dps leveling... I know nothing of it, but I've seen two priest healers outdpsing everyone including the OP tanks with Smite and Pennance.

Not sure what there is to investigate, unless you just mean actually selecting the disc spec. Pretty easy to use Holy Fire/Penance on CD and spam Smite in between :D. Heck, you even heal while doing it! (Assuming you're high enough for the passive. Not sure what level that comes into play.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:04 pm

for someone who hates shadow, disc is a decent leveling option based on my testing in TH tonight
i died once, but that was to a quest mob that laughed at my shields and took half my health in one hit, yawned nad stretched while i put shield back up and killed me with hit 2

other then that, 4-5 smite casts and they were down

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:07 am

Skye1013 wrote:
halabar wrote:Spriest is up to 65, but I am going to have to investigate a Disc spec for dps leveling... I know nothing of it, but I've seen two priest healers outdpsing everyone including the OP tanks with Smite and Pennance.

Not sure what there is to investigate, unless you just mean actually selecting the disc spec. Pretty easy to use Holy Fire/Penance on CD and spam Smite in between :D. Heck, you even heal while doing it! (Assuming you're high enough for the passive. Not sure what level that comes into play.)

The amusement was that I never heard of this spec, until I saw "healers" topping the dps meters. And yes, that's certainly an easy rotation to macro... :-)

Have to say I'll level with that until shadow finally passes it for dps.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby theckhd » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am

Success: After 5-6 hours of work, I woke up this morning and cracked the WoW block formula. Take that 8-bit binary rounding!
(See blog for details)
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Jabari » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:12 pm

Lieris wrote:Level 80 and master riding on my horde paladin! Still no luck getting the Jeeves recipe so the robot gnome massacres will continue.

Which is better for 1-85, dungeons or quests?

(slightly tweaked the original :) )

Quests, and running each dungeon exactly 1 time (for those quests, which are HUGE xp).

Last character through I just kept on all 4 +XP heirlooms (even the ones that stop at 80 and don't get "Cata Stats". Did Hyjal (only far enough to open the Molten Front stuff and no further - didn't take any Turtle-god quests after he gets off the island), and then Deepholm. Ran each dungeon once. Hit 85 before I even finished Deepholm - I think I was at the point where the Therezane line "splits" and you can do the drake-stuff or the mushroom-stuff.

(Aside: Northrend 68-80 was similar - I hit each dungeon once, did Borean (all of it, jeez there's a lot of quests), and then hit 80 about 40% into Sholozar).

Slight frustration (but not for the new Shadowpriest): ilevel 397 weapons for 700 JP for wand-using casters is just wrong when the rest of everyone doesn't have that same option...

Newsom wrote:- Blackhorn finally dropped that shield!

Which shield? If it's the tanking one, I can irritate everyone here. :P

Our 10-man group's tanks are Bear and DK. We cleared last week, and the tanking shield dropped. Our Paladin healer (tank offspec) already had it, so I grabbed it for my Shaman for transmog...

Edit:
Flex wrote:Heirlooms that are 1-80 don't grant bonus XP from 80-85.

Hmm really? I unequipped it and saw my stats change, so I assumed that the other bit worked too. Good to know - thanks.
Last edited by Jabari on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
... the fact that more potential voters are swayed by a few trivial comments 10 years ago than a candidate literally collapsing is not a good sign and tends to indicate that even if Trump wins, it won't matter.

No electorate that stupid is going to survive long, one way or another.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Heirlooms that are 1-80 don't grant bonus XP from 80-85.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:29 pm

Well back when Cata launched it seemed there was a bug where the shoulders still gave xp from 80-81, IIRC, but they're not supposed to work at all. (I tested the 1-85 heirlooms 85-86 on beta, no dice.)
KysenMurrin

Postby Lieris » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:56 pm

I did all the Hyjal quests and one dungeon (which honestly was a waste of time compared to the XP I was getting from questing) and ended up at level 82.7.

With a little planning I think you could do 80 to 85 in one evening.

1 to 80 I was happy to do entirely in dungeons, always queuing for the highest level dungeon as they popped up. Any downtime (usually looking for a healer) was spent revising Chinese characters on my phone.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Bellanka » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:12 pm

Lieris wrote:I did all the Hyjal quests and one dungeon (which honestly was a waste of time compared to the XP I was getting from questing) and ended up at level 82.7.

With a little planning I think you could do 80 to 85 in one evening.

1 to 80 I was happy to do entirely in dungeons, always queuing for the highest level dungeon as they popped up. Any downtime (usually looking for a healer) was spent revising Chinese characters on my phone.

You can indeed. I merged an old RAF account I used to my main BNet account. Used a Scroll of Resurrection for a free 80 Tankadin on my Horde server, already geared in greens, transferred it to my main account and was 85 in two evenings of light play. (Mostly setting up UI and stealing the set up from my 60 Paladin.)

EDIT: Should clarify, had a fully heroic-geared Healer and DPS with me as well. Ran dungeons only.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:43 pm

Since hitting 60, I am only doing dungeons, always doing the highest unless I needed to drop back so I qualified for the quests, and Arch for the XP (tailor/scribe, so no other gathering). Prior to 60, I was just questing inbetween dungeons.

Also doing the Fishing and Cooking daily, since the xp is good and they are fast.

halabar

Postby Lieris » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:31 pm

halabar wrote:Since hitting 60, I am only doing dungeons, always doing the highest unless I needed to drop back so I qualified for the quests

This really bugged me during 58-80: In the old (new?) world if you can queue for it, you can also get the quests. Not so in Outland and Northrend.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby econ21 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:00 pm

Lieris wrote:This really bugged me during 58-80: In the old (new?) world if you can queue for it, you can also get the quests. Not so in Outland and Northrend.

Yeah, I've noted down the level requirements of the quests, because it is too annoying otherwise.

Cataclysm is arguably worse, as two of the dungeons you can't do the quests unless you have virtually finished all the associated quest zones (IIRC, Throne of Tides and Halls of Origination).
econ21

Postby benebarba » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:55 pm

a 'sister' guild asked me along to DPS/tank DS (mine hasn't had a raid in a few weeks), and I finally got my souldrinker!

:D
benebarba

Postby culhag » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:03 pm

After 92 kills of Skadi (during Cata), the Blue Proto-Drake is finally mine !

culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:02 pm

Grats on the blue proto!

Im also farming that, when I can remember to run H-UP. (off and on)
Have run it 40ish times so far?

Also: YAY Black Morass (Both Normal and Heroic) have had the trash buffed!
Previously you would only get 1-3 knothide leather scraps skinning the crocolisk trash.
Now they always give a minimum of 1 knothide, or up to 6 from a single mob if your Guildbuff procs!

So fun to pull the entire instance.
Seal of Righteousness, Holy Wrath, Consecrate, Mass loot, Skin * 50 - Oh My!
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Andurin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:16 pm

Got me the White Hawkstrider now. Making the count up to 99... Also cleared the bank on my priest and (with a bit of blackrock spire farming on my dk) managed to go from 270 enchanting to 441 enchanting with all the crap I saved up when farming dungeons for mounts on my dk / druid / paladin. Now I need to get to level 75 before I can learn new stuff >.<
Andurin

Postby Cogglamp » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:23 pm

Finally got my first ShoR over 100k. I'm not very good at lining stuff up but seeing it hit made me giggle. Coming in 8th on the dps list at 40k+ on LFR Madness was nice to see. On a frustration side note, I don't even hit that on my ret set!

Pally tanking is most enjoyable right now.
Cogglamp

Postby bldavis » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:49 pm

I SPRUNG A LEAK!!! :shock:

and am up to 2.75 gallons donated lifetime

edit - Bones is back tonight!
/happy dance

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:44 pm

Leveling one of my pallies by running classic dungeons. (I was tanking Strath)

Had a classic Douchebag warrior with us.
Acting like he owned the place, spouting off crap in party chat, body pulling everything he could see, Dancing and jumping everywhere, taunting at least a few times, insulting the other dps even.

A real Charmer.

Being very much used to leveling dungeons, I knew it was next to pointless to say anything so I just grit my teeth and pulled as quick as I felt safe to get the run done fast.

2nd last boss of Stratholm dies.
Douche warrior utters the immortal line: "Anyone got DPS meters?!?"
Healer priest (who had been silent up until then) chimes in with: "Yes"
And then links both DPS on the last boss (I did exactly twice the Warrior)
And overall dungeon DPS (Again he was less than half of me, and significantly trailing the other dps)

:D The Silence was golden. :D
I then whispered the healer a "High 5!"
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Newsom » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:16 pm

New guild website (that I designed) is up for reals!
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:18 pm

Newsom wrote:New guild website (that I designed) is up for reals!

Nice page. And yes, Turtles rule.
masterpoobaa

Postby halabar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:02 pm

H Madness down, just in time, better late than never. And won the mount. (Couldn't get the raid together after the bloods fix).

halabar

Postby Andurin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:11 pm

Dropped the tank shield and picked up the holy shield on my paladin for the first time since halfway WOTLK. And no one died. And even better, I enjoyed playing paladin again for a change :) I think I might change it from dworf to human or drenai and level that one in the pandalands.

Oh: Also made our guild leader aware that the 378 / 394 gear in the guild bank that he is saving for 'raiders' is gonna be utterly useless in a week. So he started handing them out to people who needed them :D I got the heal chest and wrists for paladins since I was the only holy paladin that had a use for them this week lol
Andurin

Postby bldavis » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:13 am

Andurin wrote:Dropped the tank shield and picked up the holy shield on my paladin for the first time since halfway WOTLK. And no one died. And even better, I enjoyed playing paladin again for a change :) I think I might change it from dworf to human or drenai and level that one in the pandalands.

Oh: Also made our guild leader aware that the 378 / 394 gear in the guild bank that he is saving for 'raiders' is gonna be utterly useless in a week. So he started handing them out to people who needed them :D I got the heal chest and wrists for paladins since I was the only holy paladin that had a use for them this week lol

hmm i might need to look through guild bank and see what i can scrounge for my alts :twisted:

bldavis

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:45 pm

Kael'thas (MgT) count:
31 kills
3 x Phoenix Hatchling
2 x Orb of the Sindorei (on the same character)

1 x Swift White Hawkstrider.

\o/
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General