Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:10 am

Cogglamp wrote:I love Indian food. I'd happily club a baby seal for some Lamb Vindaloo, a Samosa, Naan bread, and Basmati Rice with a nice Mango Lassie to wet my beak.

Seriously, d'em seals are killing our cod fish population... >.> <.<

I hope someone sees the sarcasm here

*drool*

I hear that... used to be several Indian places with killer lunch buffets near where I was in Chicagoland. And one entire neighborhood full of even better places. Like one where you could get what seemed like 2 lbs of assorted stuff and a 6" tall pile of 10" diameter naan for like 10 bucks.

While I haven't found a good Indian place yet, Dearborn makes up for it with some awesome middle eastern food.
benebarba

Postby Sagara » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:13 am

Skye1013 wrote:Why on earth would you want to cancel the awesomeness?!?? That's even assuming Blizzard coded it to be possible ;).

Besides, they make an excellent fan/massage combo on a warm day with their wimp attacks :D
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Sero » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:31 am

Figured I'd take my warrior through MC for some might for tmog before the reset.

Geddon dropped his binding, the one my main-paladin has been after for 3.5 years.

- Today, I figured I'd try my luck just for the hell of it, first on paladin (nothing), and then on warrior:

Guess what Garr dropped? :lol:

Here's to hoping for accountwide achievements!
<Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU
Sero

Postby Cogglamp » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:42 am

Sagara wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:Why on earth would you want to cancel the awesomeness?!?? That's even assuming Blizzard coded it to be possible ;).

Besides, they make an excellent fan/massage combo on a warm day with their wimp attacks :D

Best use of brostorm is when you're getting trained and think you're going to die. Hit brostorm so you can't get cc'd and deploy your rocket belt/goblin jump to become a huey getting the F out of 'Nam after taking heavy fire. Bonus points if you rocket belt/parachute off of Mage Tower/Blood Elf Tower for maximum distance.

Though DoTs usually will kill you but it makes for a good giggle.

Edit: Rocket boots are now belts. . . keep forgetting that.
Cogglamp

Postby Shoju » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:09 am

Over the weekend, I was able to kill Gamon without taking any damage. It felt pretty good to get the timing on my DS's down to keep my Blood Shield up, and to not take any damage at all.

I have since repeated this twice, making me feel incredibly OP.
Shoju

Postby djlar » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:25 am

Shoju wrote:Over the weekend, I was able to kill Gamon without taking any damage. It felt pretty good to get the timing on my DS's down to keep my Blood Shield up, and to not take any damage at all.

I hate blood DKs on BGs.. can get them to die.. unless it's 4 vs 1 we can get a dent of them, if they are paired with a holy pally I just leave...

Although I managed to kill a holy pally on my own... just got him to zero mana and he went down... fight was so long my legendary daggers procced making it easier..
djlar

Postby Shoju » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:31 am

djlar wrote:
Shoju wrote:Over the weekend, I was able to kill Gamon without taking any damage. It felt pretty good to get the timing on my DS's down to keep my Blood Shield up, and to not take any damage at all.

I hate blood DKs on BGs.. can get them to die.. unless it's 4 vs 1 we can get a dent of them, if they are paired with a holy pally I just leave...

Although I managed to kill a holy pally on my own... just got him to zero mana and he went down... fight was so long my legendary daggers procced making it easier..

The bigger question, is: Why in the world would you even bother with a BLood DK in a BG? Since the damage nerf, they are an annoyance at worst.
Shoju

Postby Cogglamp » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:10 pm

If a blood DK is defending a node, then he has to die. They can protect the flag in AB or Gilneas and cause enough of a distrubance in EotS where they can soak up a small group of opposing players at any of the bases while the blood DKs team can make a push elsewhere.

Damage nerf or not, they have a very real role in either node defending or taking up resources from the other team while the cavalry arrives. A well played dps can kill just about any other role solo if they aren't ganged up on save for blood dks. It's fucking annoying. Feral druids are almost as bad but at least they don't self heal as much.

You have to bother with them because many times you can't give up that ground or you need to make an assault.
Cogglamp

Postby halabar » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:01 pm

benebarba wrote:
halabar wrote:
benebarba wrote:Trader Joe's fat free biryani + some chicken cutlets + wok = fast, healthy, relatively cheap and tasty chicken biryani.

:9

You West Coast?..

Nope - I'm right outside Detroit now (used to be Chicago). Much harder to find Indian places here (and a Trader Joe's is closer at hand), and most of the biryani I had in Chicago probably couldn't be considered 'healthy' just because of the stuff it was usually prepared with :P

Didn't know Trader Joe's was out that far.. the hawaiian shirts must really be out of place there.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby benebarba » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:33 pm

halabar wrote:Didn't know Trader Joe's was out that far.. the hawaiian shirts must really be out of place there.

No more than the cowboy hat I usually wear :P
benebarba

Postby Teranoid » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:10 pm

I have finally made the decision to step down from my officer position in my guild and a couple of my RL friends and I are off to a new server. Time to start enjoying the game again instead of dreading logging in every night.
Teranoid

Postby JoeBravo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:54 am

my 1st hunter got some much needed upgrades yesterday. I felt just wrong and dirty for my 2nd hunter being better geared than my 1st. Now to fix that achievement...
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Shoju » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:03 am

We'll call it a success post. 3/8 Heroic now, after downing Ultraxion last night, even though my personal performance was so abysmal I wanted to kick my self out of the raid.

Wiped us on our 4th ultra pull with <1m hp because I had my mouse sitting over the Heroic Will Button, and hit the trackpad. (I forgot to shut it off). Ruined the next pull by reacting to the last Fading Light before Hour of Twilight with AMS instead of Heroic Will.

All night I just wasn't on top of my game. Ugh.
Shoju

Postby Wonton » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:17 am

Teranoid wrote:I have finally made the decision to step down from my officer position in my guild and a couple of my RL friends and I are off to a new server. Time to start enjoying the game again instead of dreading logging in every night.

Your guild was that bad? Or was it just too much of a time investment being an officer?
Wonton

Postby Flex » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:01 am

Our first boatship healing shield dropped last night in Dragon Soul so that's 4 months before it dropped.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:16 am

Was going to the warrior some sort of silly joke? Or did you not have anyone interested in it?
Shoju

Postby Flex » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:20 am

Khayden has been talking about it for ages and it not dropping, so Ed rolled for it and won it. Obviously ended up trading it to the right person.

It is how we entertain ourselves.

ETA

The automated item restoration system is pretty darn impressive.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Teranoid » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:17 am

Wonton wrote:
Teranoid wrote:I have finally made the decision to step down from my officer position in my guild and a couple of my RL friends and I are off to a new server. Time to start enjoying the game again instead of dreading logging in every night.

Your guild was that bad? Or was it just too much of a time investment being an officer?

My guild consisted of people I've played this game with for years and some people from a past guild. Our first night raiding together we cleared 8/8 normal in less than 2 hours so we wanted to make an immediate push into heroic progression. Needless to say 2 H Morchok kills over the next 6 weeks basically created a rift between the people who wanted to progress and the others who basically wanted to progress but would do nothing to improve.

I tried recruiting the entire time we were raiding and got next to nothing and was basically told by the other officers that dragging terrible people was better than not raiding at all. Time investment wasn't an issue it was basically being forced to try and progress with lazy people and we all basically had our fill of it.
Teranoid

Postby Epimer » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:52 am

Our GM won a Paint competition on the realm forums - 25k gold prize for one of our old kill shots:

Grats her.

EDIT: and now there's some QQ in the thread that it shouldn't have won :D
Epimer

Postby culhag » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:07 pm

We cleaned Dragon Soul 25H without the buff. Madness caused the most trouble by far.

(for reference we were at 6/8 when the first buff arrived, did Spine with 5% and Madness with 10%)
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:02 pm

After spending many an hour trying to farm it up on my rogue... while leveling mining on my mage (to advance my engineering) I made a quick swing through Zangarmarsh and decided since I was there I'd kill me some fireflies... 2 kills later I now have the Captured Firefly (this was shortly after getting the repair bot schem from Blade's Edge in 3 kills.) If I could have thought of any quick things I wanted on my mage (that she can solo at 78) then I might have tried to see if I could extend the luck...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby JoeBravo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:49 pm

won 6 items in 1 LFR clear on my shaman: 3x tier (1 traded to me), 2 trinkets and a weapon. I was crazy lucky :D
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Jabari » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:08 am

JoeBravo wrote:won 6 items in 1 LFR clear on my shaman: 3x tier (1 traded to me), 2 trinkets and a weapon. I was crazy lucky :D

What is this ... I don't even ... (Grats!)

(For me: 9 LFR clears, 8 DS10 thru Hagara, 4 thru Ultrax. I still am using the Arrow of Time and Alchemist Stone...) :roll:
... the fact that more potential voters are swayed by a few trivial comments 10 years ago than a candidate literally collapsing is not a good sign and tends to indicate that even if Trump wins, it won't matter.

No electorate that stupid is going to survive long, one way or another.
Jabari

Postby Andurin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:13 am

Still enjoying LFR on my priest, I wonder how long that will last... Also trying to improve my game (and the pug's game) by binding Leap of Faith to my healbot. Life grip a hunter pet that was trying to kill a corruption on spine, and it will hit something else ^^ Also dragged 3 people out of the fire and put 2 tanks in the right places... Productive night lol ^^

Also in the proces of leveling a balance druid, just because I can. Got up to level 20 now, fully loaded in Heirlooms and having a level 25 bonus. Going lovely fast ^^
Andurin

Postby JoeBravo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:25 am

Jabari wrote:
JoeBravo wrote:won 6 items in 1 LFR clear on my shaman: 3x tier (1 traded to me), 2 trinkets and a weapon. I was crazy lucky :D

What is this ... I don't even ... (Grats!)

(For me: 9 LFR clears, 8 DS10 thru Hagara, 4 thru Ultrax. I still am using the Arrow of Time and Alchemist Stone...) :roll:

I know how you feel, as I'm not that lucky on my other char's. allthough 5 items in one run on my other shaman a few months ago came close. :P

other succes: found a new home for my first shaman, hopefully to do some HC DS raiding.

Yes, I'm being silly enough to sign up for 6 raiddays a week. we'll see how long that'll last.
JoeBravo

PreviousNext

Return to General