Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Sagara » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:30 am

Wonton wrote:1) We killed Ragnaros 25man today in Theck's Real ID group! :) That may not sound like a big deal to some people, but hey, it's the first real raid boss I've downed (LFR doesn't count).

2) Someone posted "looking for prot paladin advice" in General chat today. I replied to it and spent the next 30 or so minutes teaching them about gearing, reforging, gemming, and enchanting. Apparently with some cheap modifications and a few JP puchases, I increased their CTC by 8%. :3 Doing what I can to train the next generation of tankadins and prevent uneducated things like the Ret Aura + Seal of Insight tanking I saw in a level 85 dungeon the other day.

*Sniffle* They grow up so fast... One day they ask you if they can pick up that old shield you don't use, and the next they're already teaching the next generation...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Dion » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:09 am

I have now whole Season 11 pvp set for my Paladin. (I don't have bracers yet but they don't show) Small frustration though: Matching belt and shoes are holy version and completely useless to me as I pvp in ret spec. That's 3300 conquest points wasted. Oh well, it's really that difficult to obtain those items anyway as doing arenas till conquest cap is very easy. (I'm doing 2v2)
Dion

Postby Cema » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:25 am

10 paladin vs Fireland/Rag HM now on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30SeCRHMALc

Enjoy
Cema

Postby econ21 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:16 am

Dion wrote:Matching belt and shoes are holy version and completely useless to me as I pvp in ret spec. That's 3300 conquest points wasted.

Yes, that is frustrating and happened to me too - it seems to be a mistake by Blizzard, as holy won't want strength anymore than ret want int/spirit.

I'm getting my CPs by random BGs and converted VPs, rather than arena. I've had some nice successes lately - always fun to see a ProtPala flag carrier top the damage done column - although it seems like the later in the evening/night I queue, the better the chances are for an alliance victory. Random BGs in peak times can be an exercise in frustration.
econ21

Postby Dion » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:35 am

econ21 wrote:
Dion wrote:Matching belt and shoes are holy version and completely useless to me as I pvp in ret spec. That's 3300 conquest points wasted.

Yes, that is frustrating and happened to me too - it seems to be a mistake by Blizzard, as holy won't want strength anymore than ret want int/spirit.

I'm getting my CPs by random BGs and converted VPs, rather than arena. I've had some nice successes lately - always fun to see a ProtPala flag carrier top the damage done column - although it seems like the later in the evening/night I queue, the better the chances are for an alliance victory. Random BGs in peak times can be an exercise in frustration.

It's no mistake. Those belts and shoes match to warrior and DK sets. All paladin pvp sets has same problem if I recall right since WOTLK. I get arena cap in 1h - 2h of playing and then couple of random BGs different days.
Dion

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:58 am

Cema wrote:10 paladin vs Fireland/Rag HM now on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30SeCRHMALc

Enjoy

Question ( i cant see the video right now), how did you handle the Molten Elementals with only melee dps and no ranged AoE?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cema » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:36 am

we split the raid in 2. the 2 groups are close enough for holy radiance to heal everybody but the 2 packs of elementals are not close enough to buff each other
Cema

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:51 am

Good plan, I'll propose it next time we happen to do FL HC with 6 melees.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Shoju » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:58 am

As soon as a Guildie, and fellow Mtadin member is able to log in, and make me my stuff, I will haz Sulfuras.
Shoju

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:18 am

Cema wrote:we split the raid in 2. the 2 groups are close enough for holy radiance to heal everybody but the 2 packs of elementals are not close enough to buff each other

With that particular setup you could have had everyone but the tank HoP themselves on the first wave and bubble on the second. Should get 1 elemental spawning max, losing maybe 3-4 seconds dps time for the bubbles. Waves being 1 minute apart means a slightly early HoP allows forbearance to clear in time for bubble.
Rhiannon

Postby bldavis » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:01 am

Shoju wrote:As soon as a Guildie, and fellow Mtadin member is able to log in, and make me my stuff, I will haz Sulfuras.

is that a hint for me to get on my shaman and transmute a bunch of stuff for you?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Shoju » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:18 am

Nope. That's a hint for Allylik to get on his Paladin, get my mail, go to blackrock, make my bars, and craft me a Hammuh!
Shoju

Postby poptart » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:42 am

Shoju wrote:Nope. That's a hint for Allylik to get on his Paladin, get my mail, go to blackrock, make my bars, and craft me a Hammuh!

IT'S HAMMER TIME!

Grats, guildie!

Poptart
poptart

Postby Shoju » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:44 am

\m/__{o.o}__\m/

I'm 2 legit.
Shoju

Postby beornus » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Did a LFR with Cogg on my retadin - picked up 3 tier tokens (head, hands and chest), the dps str ring, str trinket, the shoulders and Gurth, 7 upgrades in 1 run

I should have kept quiet and thought a fool then to have typed and removed all doubt.
beornus
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General