Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Tidewalker down

Postby Cragus » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:09 am

Vigilantes downed tidewalker last night for the first time on our first attempt of the night, the previous nights work obviously paid off.
We also got Leotheras to 16% so a good night.
Also have the ring of sundered souls to my collection now.
Cragus

Postby Whitewolf » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:07 pm

I've been running karazhan for quite a while now, and my friend used to MT for me (Warrior). He decided he wanted to go fury spec, so I decided to take on a solo-tanking position of karazhan. Lo and behold... Attumen/Midnight was cake
Tanked Moroes & 4 adds - No CC with no deaths
Maiden fight (Was tanking AND cleansing holy fire lol)
Opera Event (Romulo/Juliann) 1 death in the group but successful
Curator with Warlock Drainlife OT (Works better then having an actual OT)
Illhoof - Tank all adds, Kil'rek and Illhoof at same time with no problem. FR Aura helps out a bit.
Shade - makes things very easy when u have 7 DPS
Prince - 1 shotted him

Now, I've yet to do Nightbane or Nether - but i'm hopeful...and reading up on how BOP/Divine shield/pvp trinket to help out sounds like it'll make things easier.

But yeah, it's definitely a morale boost when everyones saying "Oh, paladin can't tank." or "Warriors tank better". I would LOVE to see a Warrior, OR a druid solo tank karazhan as fast, and as efficiently as a paladin. <3tankadin
Whitewolf

Postby Arcand » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:17 pm

Heroically slaughtered a bunch of those eels near Shattrath, ran the gauntlet through Access Shaft Zeon I don't know how many times, cranked out endless dailies, and finally got my Belt of the Guardian made - about 300 more health and traded the strength on my old belt for spell damage on the new one.
Arcand

Postby twitch » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:41 pm

Ive been a paladin since release. Ive been playing on Frostmane US since release.

I leveled to 60, spec'd prot to AoE/off tank for my guild for Zg, Aq20-40, and Mc. I healed while not tanking. Bc came, i replaced my 5/8 T1 with greens and spec'd holy to heal instances. I leveled to 70 holy and healing instances for more healing gear.

After clearing Kara, Gruul's, and a bit of SSC i realized that i wasn't a paladin anymore... i was a healbot.

I remember a moment in Kara while fighting the ushers... i see a priest in shadow form... a druid tanking... and 2 other paladins healing. This didn't make sense to me... i was told pre-bc that if i wanted to heal i should have rolled a priest. Now if you wanted to heal you rolled a pally. The game then became boring, i sold my account and stopped playing for 2ishmonths.

The new expansion is announced. I decide to play again. Now that the original Twitch was transferred i remade him, same race, same looks, but a different spec/play style.

As of level 35 i have been prot and have tanked instance, doing what i loved the class for.

That is my long success story.
twitch

Postby Everlight » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:41 pm

Finally hit Exalted with the Lower City, and got my Gavel of Unearthed Secrets.

Will be smacking Maulgar upside the head with it this Sunday :P
Everlight

Postby Pizbit » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:56 pm

Tanked my first level 70 instance, Black Morass, in fact the first past UB/SP and it went great! No deaths :D

Random PuG and the hunter keept MDing me at the start of each mini-boss etc when he could.

Got my leg set piece too! Dunno what I'll do with it since I already have good tanking legs, probably save it for a rainy day or soloing or something...
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Lore » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:28 pm

After an extremely annoying night of wipes on Kael, finally got my T5 chest!
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Liania » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:24 am

Tanked all of karazhan from maiden-nightbane/prince mostly alone, no boss wipes

Raiding as holy normally, slowly trying to convince my guild they need a protadin :D
Liania

Postby PsiVen » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:03 am

Lore wrote:After an extremely annoying night of wipes on Kael, finally got my T5 chest!

Grats :) I got my T6 gloves last night, after some fidgeting with GM's (apparently you might not get loot if you stay 100yd from Azgalor the entire fight and never cause threat to him).

Naw Teah, it was on ML at the time.
Last edited by PsiVen on Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Teah » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:08 am

Would master looter fix that Psi?

Congrats though! :O
Teah

Postby Diocaska » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:55 am

Decided to revisit Steam Vaults, just out of boredom.

Managed to get the healing helm off the second boss..! Finally!

But better yet... Got Devilshark cape on last boss. Couldnt believe it!

Tanking Kara this week I think.. (Oddly enough, I've not main tanked there for the guild yet, even though I've offtanked Voidy, Gruul, Maggy channelers).
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby Paksennarion » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:23 am

After getting my Boots of the Protector made on Monday, went into KZ on Tuesday and got myself a pocket watch. I'm finally at uncrushable while unbuffed. :)

Last night, we went in and two shotted Maiden (bad luck on the Holy Fires and some poor positioning), then went onto Big Bad Wolf. Second time we've seen him, and the first was a nightmare. Managed to drop him in two tries, though no hat for me.

Pushed on to the Curator, and after two tries had the shaman stop healing and start DPSing, at which point he dropped in a hurry.

Tonight, onto Chess and Illhoof, and possibly a peek at Shade. :D
Paksennarion

Postby honorshammer » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:27 am

Finally hit 12k Hit Points unbuffed after I persuaded Maiden to give up her gloves and our DPS Warrior NOT to roll on them.
honorshammer

Postby Flex » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:57 am

Paksennarion wrote:Tonight, onto Chess and Illhoof, and possibly a peek at Shade. :D

I would personally learn Aran before Illhoof just for the teleport and trash control. He is the current focus of my guild's learning.

My success was getting our guild to do 5 Kara bosses in 3 hours and getting some new pants as a reward.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Swagger » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:36 am

Let's see. I've been able to tank more instances lately, grabbing my Jade Skull BP from my first mech run and my Devilshark Cape from my second Steamvaults. Grabbed Dauntless Handguards from the Shattered Halls quest and will hopefully have Bracers of the Green Fortress in a day or so. Was told after a SH run that I'm "pretty much the best pally tank ever".

Rock on.
Swagger

PreviousNext

Return to General