Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Postby Lore » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:47 am

FINALLY finished off my Furies deck. 14.9k unbuffed HP!
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Mortehl » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:54 am

Congrats bud. I remember adding mine in. Heh. PS: Vengeance procs a shit-ton.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Donjuan » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:32 am

Hi guys, I have some great news on my second ever time setting foot in kara, i main tanked all the way to curator, and dropped him too. i was overjoyed, as the raid was short 3 people. and we had to resort to random puggers to fill out some slots. We only had two healers, and one wasnt even in the guild or on our teamspeak. My gear is really average as i took crushing blows on curator we had feral bear and a protection warrior, in raid, but they were dps all the way through, except for when they off tanked un controllable mobs, or when i was stunned or something. I didnt get any loot this time, but I dont care, I am so proud of what I did.

We called it day after slicing open the curator, but I think we could have finished the whole place, although i was a little pooped after all that, how do you guys keep up the energy for a full kara run?
Last edited by Donjuan on Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donjuan

Postby YoYoMa » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:21 pm

Crafted my boots of the protector this week, also got the aldori legacy defender finally and tonight when I get home I'll pick up my arena season 2 mace! Pretty big boost in stam in a 1 week span for all 3 so I'm happy :)
YoYoMa

Postby Lugnut » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:34 pm

Got my boots of the protector, my belt of the guardian, my lunacy deck(working on furiesstill =\ ) and my vambracers of courage harhar.
Lugnut

Postby Nikolaos » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:11 pm

Merciless Gladiator's Gravel tommorrow woo! and Gruul down, was Holy for it byt that meant we reached 1703 in arena so who's complaining :P
Nikolaos

Postby waffles8 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:27 pm

TAnked and Downed Prince :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaypaPA8el4

Thanks guyz
waffles8

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:33 pm

Lugnut wrote:Got my boots of the protector, my belt of the guardian, my lunacy deck(working on furiesstill =\ ) and my vambracers of courage harhar.

Lunacy deck? But ... but ... a tankadin is mathematically incapable of dealing a killing blow!
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Zolexa » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:44 pm

Tanked Midnight & Attumen together on our guilds third Kara run. Warrior could not get Attemen off of me and I was even refraining from any consecration until he was out of room.. Finally said "Screw it, All heals to me" and went as my mage friend calls it, "Vorpal Pally" and grabbed Attu like glue. I did die :( but that was at the exact time of transition when they came together. All with only 1 epic piece of gear, and still 5.5% crushable.

Then Moroes gave me a pocket watch with a perfect 100 roll.
Zolexa

Postby Mithos » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:42 pm

Got carried away on MSN and logged in with 9 minutes to maintenance ><, had just enough time to buy Merc. Glads. Gavel, transfer mats for 40 spell dmg on it, and get it chanted. 45 seconds left so no time to test anything ;(. But now got 345 spell dmg and 13647 HP unbuffed :D.
Mithos

Postby Lieris » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:59 pm

I tanked Morogrim's murlocs with my healing shield. Lore would be proud! XD

I also hit 14K unbuffed health, got made one of the four MTs in my new guild after barely ten days and I have been given tank priority on epic spell damage weapons. So yeah, not a bad couple of weeks. :)
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:35 pm

Lieris wrote:I tanked Morogrim's murlocs with my healing shield. Lore would be proud! XD

I also hit 14K unbuffed health, got made one of the four MTs in my new guild after barely ten days and I have been given tank priority on epic spell damage weapons. So yeah, not a bad couple of weeks. :)

Grats, that sounds like a good week indeed.
jere

Postby ulushnar » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:39 pm

Lore wrote:FINALLY finished off my Furies deck. 14.9k unbuffed HP!

Congrats, got mine on Monday as well, although I'm lucky to make 12.7k unbuffed. :(
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Lieris » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:41 am

jere wrote:
Lieris wrote:I tanked Morogrim's murlocs with my healing shield. Lore would be proud! XD

Grats, that sounds like a good week indeed.

Thank you! :) The server transfer went better than I could have hoped.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Keiran » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:14 am

Finally dinged 70

Now to find some groups to the regular instances so I can gear up for Karazhan and Gruul. Have to work fast though, as we just killed Gruul this tuesday. Wow that was a rush.

Oh and I was able to register to a new forum AND make a signature. Im so clever :-D

Great forum by the way.

(Oh, I shall not log out in nubgear next time i want to flash my flashy signature hehe)
Keiran

Tidewalker down

Postby Cragus » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:09 am

Vigilantes downed tidewalker last night for the first time on our first attempt of the night, the previous nights work obviously paid off.
We also got Leotheras to 16% so a good night.
Also have the ring of sundered souls to my collection now.
Cragus

Postby Whitewolf » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:07 pm

I've been running karazhan for quite a while now, and my friend used to MT for me (Warrior). He decided he wanted to go fury spec, so I decided to take on a solo-tanking position of karazhan. Lo and behold... Attumen/Midnight was cake
Tanked Moroes & 4 adds - No CC with no deaths
Maiden fight (Was tanking AND cleansing holy fire lol)
Opera Event (Romulo/Juliann) 1 death in the group but successful
Curator with Warlock Drainlife OT (Works better then having an actual OT)
Illhoof - Tank all adds, Kil'rek and Illhoof at same time with no problem. FR Aura helps out a bit.
Shade - makes things very easy when u have 7 DPS
Prince - 1 shotted him

Now, I've yet to do Nightbane or Nether - but i'm hopeful...and reading up on how BOP/Divine shield/pvp trinket to help out sounds like it'll make things easier.

But yeah, it's definitely a morale boost when everyones saying "Oh, paladin can't tank." or "Warriors tank better". I would LOVE to see a Warrior, OR a druid solo tank karazhan as fast, and as efficiently as a paladin. <3tankadin
Whitewolf

Postby Arcand » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:17 pm

Heroically slaughtered a bunch of those eels near Shattrath, ran the gauntlet through Access Shaft Zeon I don't know how many times, cranked out endless dailies, and finally got my Belt of the Guardian made - about 300 more health and traded the strength on my old belt for spell damage on the new one.
Arcand

Postby twitch » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:41 pm

Ive been a paladin since release. Ive been playing on Frostmane US since release.

I leveled to 60, spec'd prot to AoE/off tank for my guild for Zg, Aq20-40, and Mc. I healed while not tanking. Bc came, i replaced my 5/8 T1 with greens and spec'd holy to heal instances. I leveled to 70 holy and healing instances for more healing gear.

After clearing Kara, Gruul's, and a bit of SSC i realized that i wasn't a paladin anymore... i was a healbot.

I remember a moment in Kara while fighting the ushers... i see a priest in shadow form... a druid tanking... and 2 other paladins healing. This didn't make sense to me... i was told pre-bc that if i wanted to heal i should have rolled a priest. Now if you wanted to heal you rolled a pally. The game then became boring, i sold my account and stopped playing for 2ishmonths.

The new expansion is announced. I decide to play again. Now that the original Twitch was transferred i remade him, same race, same looks, but a different spec/play style.

As of level 35 i have been prot and have tanked instance, doing what i loved the class for.

That is my long success story.
twitch

Postby Everlight » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:41 pm

Finally hit Exalted with the Lower City, and got my Gavel of Unearthed Secrets.

Will be smacking Maulgar upside the head with it this Sunday :P
Everlight

Postby Pizbit » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:56 pm

Tanked my first level 70 instance, Black Morass, in fact the first past UB/SP and it went great! No deaths :D

Random PuG and the hunter keept MDing me at the start of each mini-boss etc when he could.

Got my leg set piece too! Dunno what I'll do with it since I already have good tanking legs, probably save it for a rainy day or soloing or something...
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Lore » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:28 pm

After an extremely annoying night of wipes on Kael, finally got my T5 chest!
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Liania » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:24 am

Tanked all of karazhan from maiden-nightbane/prince mostly alone, no boss wipes

Raiding as holy normally, slowly trying to convince my guild they need a protadin :D
Liania

Postby PsiVen » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:03 am

Lore wrote:After an extremely annoying night of wipes on Kael, finally got my T5 chest!

Grats :) I got my T6 gloves last night, after some fidgeting with GM's (apparently you might not get loot if you stay 100yd from Azgalor the entire fight and never cause threat to him).

Naw Teah, it was on ML at the time.
Last edited by PsiVen on Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
Falling off the wagon since WoD release...
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Teah » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:08 am

Would master looter fix that Psi?

Congrats though! :O
Teah

PreviousNext

Return to General