Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:17 pm

One Light in the Darkness, woo!
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby ImzadiDax » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:23 am

Most of the guild was away doing family holiday things, while I was checking out alot of the changes on Thanksgiving. On a whim I decided to roll a Warlock, one of the few I didn't have yet, and check out the questing. So took my Dwarf Warlock through Dun Morogh and Loch Modan. Was really pleased with the way the quests flow as long as you went from one to another. I had done a few dungeons after I hit 15 and very quickly outgrew my outstanding quests.

So, took her to do some exploring and then took the quest off the Board in Stormwind, a very nice feature for trying to figure out where to quest.
Ended up working my way down STV through the areas and quests. The new complete a quest and get the next one without returning to the quest giver IMO is total win.

Did run into some phasing issues while I was out exploring, but in the most part I think we will adjust to them. The look and feel of the game are great. Changes to the low level dungeons, sweet. The little pop up reminder messages...not intrusive enough to be an annoyance and I do think are helpful. Had so much fun on her, I didn't want to go to work today. Got her up to 33 and waiting in Theramore for me, as I had run through the area and noticed there appears to be alot going on.

There are hidden changes in just about everything. Picked up the Razzashi Hatchling in the back of the Kurzen cave ! ! !
ImzadiDax

Postby Shathus » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:52 pm

Got into Gallywix Pleasure Palace, about to take a dip in the pool. Too bad there's nothing to do yet.

Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:14 pm

I mixed Macallan with Lemonade. I approve.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:29 pm

Best Spirits And Liqueurs. *Ever*
www.tamborinemountaindistillery.com/

Pure distilled win.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Korola » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:14 pm

Goblin trike isn't the greatest ever - but it is fun.

Yay pollution!
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:25 am

Korola wrote:Goblin trike isn't the greatest ever - but it is fun.

Yay pollution!

I rushed like hell running randoms while levelling my troll druid to get that mount. Talk about underwhelming :\
Teranoid

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:22 am

I added Quel Delar to my collection, for just 2000 gold. A good price for 10 achievement points, imo!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby claisa » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:26 am

So tidying the bank on sunday, vendoring the block set of kit that has become a mediocore avoidence set of kit found a cracked egg from the oracles. Probably been their a month as kept forgetting to pick one up.

Pow green proto-drake. Sweet i can now ditch those floppy eared bunny men and make friends with the awesome frenzyheart.

Also did all the achievements in totc. The traitor king is still hard on ten man even with the Nerf to 25 scarabs.

And we used a previous instance in ICC to go straight to the lich king to get neck deep in vile spirit achievement. Yay killing lich king before he casts vile spirits. Took a healer with us who has been away from the game for the last year. I think we are bad people he has no idea of any learning curve for that fight. 10 min into ICC and pow dead lich king. Then again we took a hunter with us who has only done the fight on hardmode and they where shocked that their was no shadowtraps, that you had to keep dpsing valks and that the lich king had basically 0 health.

So not a bad sunday :)

Yay Boasting
claisa

Postby sherck » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:27 am

Shoju wrote:Weds. night, we did just a simple ICC10 normal run to give people a change of scenery (we have been smashing Ulduar 10 in the face hard for drakes).

I was slotted to heal (2 heal with Korola). I really have no desire for loot at this time, I'm just trying to get used to characters, and see what is what in the 4.0 world.

So, I brought my Shaman (Shojin from my Case study) to heal. His gear is mediocre to abysmal castoff stuff. I decided after 4.0 I don't care for the new 'leaner' enhance (spend a lot of time not hitting buttons :( ) and picked up a couple of healing pieces.

Turns out, that we were able to 2 heal all of lower spire, Fester and Rot. We had some voice chat problems with a player from the Alliance lurkers, so we weren't able to get PP, but we went and did Valithria. I had never healed the Val, I had always been the outside guy. It was a blast, and I was able to keep up with the druid who was healing on Val as well :)

And I made a Troll Druid, and I love him. I got Voodookin form last night, and was a little disappointed with the look of the form, but it will be great fun :)

Gratz, guys. Sounds like a fun night at the end of an xpac.

My success? Got a new laptop to play WoW on; double the RAM from my old one (2GB ==> 4 BG) with a bigger screen (15.4" ==> 17.3") and a way faster processor (2 year old one for an I3). Now I just gotta download all the new patches after installing the original game plus 2 xpacs.

Gotta love black Friday.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby eia » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:57 am

I'd recommend you to go for the new streaming installer instead of installing anything from cd:s at all actually.
I used it the last time I re-installed, and it's really smooth and quick and you can start playing surprisingly fast.
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:47 am

GREAT final raiding weekend for Wrath. We hadn't raided in a while (burn out, boredom, etc.) and someone just needed a few achievements (normal mode stuff) for their drake. So we trounced through Icecrown with half mains/half alts and one or two people who'd barely even touched ICC at all. Surprisingly enough, one shot Lich King, got a slew of people their Kingslayer titles (got mine on my shaman, yay!), got that one person his drake... and then we went and trounced Algalon for another set of Starcaller titles. Hilariously enough... Algalon was harder than anything we did in ICC and resulted in a few people (who didn't know the fight) asking why the tank was dying so much... not realizing just how hard Algalon actually hits. Finished off Algalon in a few tries (in one Big Bang lol), and immediately replaced my Kingslayer title on my shaman to Starcaller. Been wanting that one for a while on my main alt so was really pleased.

Also... it seems that Algalon's one hour timer has been removed? Odd that.
Last edited by Nikachelle on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:16 am

Nikachelle wrote:Also... it seems that Algalon's one hour timer has been removed? Odd that.

Has it? That's an odd change, given that he's already outgeared enough to make the timer irrelevant for anything but Herald attempts.

Speaking of which, I noticed it's a Feat of Strength now, but I've heard rumors that you can still get it as long as you haven't dinged 81. Is that true, or is it safe to finally disenchant my Herald and Dedicated Insanity sets? If it's still attainable, I'll feel obligated to hang on to them for at least another week in case someone needs a tank for either (also, potentially a decent way to make some cash).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:27 am

theckhd wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Also... it seems that Algalon's one hour timer has been removed? Odd that.

Has it? That's an odd change, given that he's already outgeared enough to make the timer irrelevant for anything but Herald attempts.

I was panicking originally, trying to get people to hustle their butts during attempts, particularly since we were 9 manning it... but then noticed that the timer was gone and was like "Oh. Well then."
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby edsdame » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:01 am

Brazie's Sunflower is the cutest companion ever! :)
edsdame

PreviousNext

Return to General