Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:32 am

If only they would make a Druid only guild. Tank, Heal, DPS and Range =P
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak (Retired)
Klaudandus - BE Protection/Retribution Paladin, Feathermoon (Active)
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:38 am

Skye1013 wrote:
Shoju wrote:My plans of assimilation are coming to fruition. Soon, ALL OF YOU will be mine

/snip

That would make for one tankadin heavy guild...

At one time Late Uld / early ToC we could have had 2 raids in one night.

1 raid All Paladins

1 raid All Druids

Right now, Outside of Alts, Sherck and I are the only raiding paladins we have, and due to the way raiding works, I haven't really been Paladin only in MONTHS.

I spend equal time on my paladin and priest and have even been blessed with some dps time on my shaman and hunter based on what the raid needs to go.

That will change in Cat, as I'm planning on seriously scaling back my Alt interests. I will probably have just my paladin + 1 alt. No more capping tons of toons. I'm too old for that anymore.
Shoju

Postby Shoju » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:00 am

Oh yeah: Personal Success = 93 mounts, I finished the Venomhide Ravasaur line this morning before work. With 7 mounts to go, and 3 weeks, I'm going to start cracking down on the tournament to pick up at least 2 from there. I am Farming H:UP everyday, Sethekk Everyday, Kara weekly, I still have 3 more chances with eggs, and maybe 2-3 more locks in ZG to pick up the tiger mount.

I also have 4 mounts that I can purchase, and 3 more PvP mounts, as well as that god awful turtle. I think I can make it.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:23 am

Turtles man. All. The. Way. Down. It'll blow your mind.

I somehow only have 8 characters on Terenas (US). I thought I had 9 even after nuking the horde Paladin and making a mage. So worgen druid (if I can survive druid leveling) and worgen warlock.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Loremaster!
KysenMurrin

Postby Thornir » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:48 pm

First,

KysenMurrin wrote:Loremaster!

Gratz, man!

-------

Now, onto my success:

FINALLY got around to leveling my mage Nirthor to 80 (was slumped at 78 for about 6 months), and getting my warrior, Panzerfour, up to 75 from about 40ish over the past two weeks. So I'll probably have 3 level caps just in time for Cata, and then I'll be able to get them all up to 85 eventually (so I'll have three level-capped alts, which beat my record of one...), And then I can start on my worgen bear to experience all the new zones (in between raiding and whatnot).

And yet, small frustration: still need to find a guild :( Right now I'm just in my little brother's "lol heylook i has a guild, pls join pls" but most of the players I knew from back when I was "serious-casual but kinda hardcore" have all either quit the game, transferred or are in super high up guilds I can't get into, because I'm still not a Kingslayer. And I don't have the money to transfer/FC, so I might be straight LFDing and pugging when Cata ships.

But enough of the /sad. I have three alts, and a shot of actually making some real gold in Cata now, YAY.

PS: Frost PvE is awesome.
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby Belloc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Finally got around to soloing Al'ar. Was boring for a while, but enjoyable enough in the end!
Belloc

Postby amh » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Best GM ever. I've only had positive experiences with these guys. This last one made a mistake, but in my favor.

Transferred my paladin back to my old server to play with a buddy who had recently returned to the game. Figured I'd give him a Chopper as a little welcome back present. Upon meeting his toon in Stormwind, I type /trade and right-click my bagged Chopper to place it in the trade window... Only I didn't type /trade correctly, so I ended up learning and consuming the chopper by accident.

Now for the good part. I opened a ticket, explaining the situation, and logged off. The day after, the ticket had gone through, and they'd restored the item to my bags. So far so good. Reading the tooltip.. "Already known"? No way. P -> Mounts... There it is. Hell yeah, free chopper.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:24 pm

amh wrote:Now for the good part. I opened a ticket, explaining the situation, and logged off. The day after, the ticket had gone through, and they'd restored the item to my bags. So far so good. Reading the tooltip.. "Already known"? No way. P -> Mounts... There it is. Hell yeah, free chopper.

And you have a "Gigantique" sack!
Lythac / Ryshad of Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby amh » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:28 pm

Well the bag was on purpose. :)
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby culhag » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:51 pm

Last night : Herald of the Titans

Tonight : Argent Defender
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:28 am

Successes:
------------------------------------------------------
Sprite Darter and Mechanical Chicken to get to 75 pets.
Realizing that instead of needing 7 more mounts, I only need 6. Somewhere I miscounted.

Frustration:
-------------------------------------------------------
In the process of getting my final OOX beacon in Feralas, I killed 554 mobs, receiving 26 BoE Greens, 4 BoE Blues, and 3 BoE Epics, 2 Eye of Flame, and 1 Kang the decapitator.

Pure Joy:
--------------------------------------------------------
Mowing down mobs as fast as I did in Feralas. It was insane blowing things up in ret spec :)
Shoju

Postby Kathryn » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:45 am

Latest Success:

- Coming back to wow 3 weeks ago, on a 70 paladin.

- Dinging 80 on Nov. 5 , Tanking Sindragosa on Nov. 6

And the last but coolest:

- Coming back to these forums and see how much it grew. (I was in the first few members back in 2007!)

/wave
Kathryn

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:46 pm

i have survived 27 yrs of life as of today

that is all

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby claisa » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:42 am

Yay - a New shield to upgrade my 232 shield from TotC, Admittedly only got it at waiting for half of our 10 man raid to finish getting patch before we could start so ran Princess Headbutt 5 times.

Boo - Once everyone was ready to go 30 min after normal raid start, 5 of us where not able to zone in as we had run to many dungeons. Doh.

Yay - Agreed to meet back 30 min later, so rode to undercity, killed one horde to finish the achievement for killing 5 hordes in each of their cities.

Yay - Head back to ICC into our saved instance from last week with just Lick king up, 2 hours later our groups 2nd kill, my first and new title for me

Claisa - Bane of the fallen king

Yay - i Get some sort of horrible purple pimping tanking axe to /flex with new title. Woot item level 271

Yay we go 8 man OS - 3 drake. And I win the drake. Making me not the last person in our team to get the drake, one person to go. Think we have handed out about 15 of them now.

Go Go Twice a week raiding. It allows for so many other nerdy hobbies as well. So tonight back to painting my Orcs and Goblins army, and a weekend of murdering Dark Elves and Beastmen
claisa

Postby Shoju » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:18 am

Success #1: Had enough people who were "Only if you need me" last night to find a slot to raid with my new guildie Korola. Good job man. You rocked :)
Success #2: I FINALLY got to see FL+4. That's right See. I had never pulled +4 before
Success #3: Baked 25 Iron Dwarves medium rare, and got 3 people the achievement.
Success #4: Steamrolled through XT (hard), Kolo (achieve), Auriaya (Achieve), Hodir (hard), Thorim (hard), Freya (hardx3) with 4 people in the raid who had never pulled the fights.
Success #5: I now sit just 2 achievements from having my Glory of the Ulduar raidar finished.
Success #6: I got some DPS time on my Frost DK, and my paladin in a raid setting. Frost Dk > Ret Paladin for fun.
Shoju

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:38 am

Got my Swift White Hawkstrider last night after only about 16 tries of actively farming that place. Which means I have less places to farm per night now (going for 100 mounts, but I honestly doubt I'll make it as I have no desire to do those goddamn Argent Tournament dailies for the enth time.)

But then I realized I'd forgotten there was a farmable mount in heroic UP that I should really be doing, so I suppose I'll add that to the list now.

Ah well, now I'm doing to running just Setthek Halls and Strat for their mounts. Was nice to knock one off the daily list though. :)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Korola » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:28 am

Grabbing 7 achievements last night for Glory of the Ulduar Raider and having fun doing it.

Also, I don't know if this is a success but I got tickets to the Michigan - Wisconsin game on Saturday. As a Michigan fan that watched Wisconsin rack up 83 points on Indiana last week without their best running back - I'm a tad bit concerned as our defense is about as effective as Indiana's. Add to this that the last time Wisconsin was in the Big House, they were in the top 20 and Michigan upset them.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:55 am

Korola wrote:Grabbing 7 achievements last night for Glory of the Ulduar Raider and having fun doing it.

Also, I don't know if this is a success but I got tickets to the Michigan - Wisconsin game on Saturday. As a Michigan fan that watched Wisconsin rack up 83 points on Indiana last week without their best running back - I'm a tad bit concerned as our defense is about as effective as Indiana's. Add to this that the last time Wisconsin was in the Big House, they were in the top 20 and Michigan upset them.

MICHIGAN?!

Where is my /Gkick macro..... :)

Not that I'm a "huge" OSU fan, but I live in Ohio, it is brainwashing I swear. I'm a BGSU fan, have been since I was a little kid and my cousin played football there. I don't care that they will never be ranked higher than the mid teens. They are fun to watch (except this season when they have S.U.C.K.E.D)
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:03 am

Well, Rich Rod needs to win either against either Wisconsin or OSU or he's out. Granted, I don't like Michigan that much.

At this point, just glad that Aggies are in the Top 25.

Also, currently listening to Colin Trollherd, he's actually amusing for once this morning.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Korola » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:30 am

His little man defense worked in the Big East, it has gotten them obliterated in the Big Ten. When they pull the plug on this experiment, they are going to have a mess of a program (not that 7-3 is respectable anyways). No quality wins this year means he is a failure again. He needed a win from Iowa, Mich St., Wisconsin, or OSU to at least put the angry mob at ease. Their defense stood a better chance against Iowa and MSU. Their offense stands a better chance against Wisconsin. If the offense can't outscore Wisconsin, it will take a miracle to beat a very athletic OSU team.

Against 1-A Opponents Rankings
OSU - Offense (8) Defense (16)
Iowa - Offense (42) Defense (10)
MSU - Offense (46) Defense (22)
Wisconsin - Offense (13) Defense (42)
Michigan - Offense (11) Defense (96)

That defense will be what gets him fired. It's really sad too because he has some magical pipeline to Florida players. We'll see.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:34 am

Yeah, I herd that he's 1-10 against Big Ten opponents in the last 3 years.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shathus » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:48 am

Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi!

That is all.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Cronus » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:35 pm

FINALLY! I got Glory to .... achievment today and my Red-Proto Drake. I have been off and on working it for over a year. Basically all I needed was Less Rabi. So I did a random dungeon today for the hell of it, got Gundrak, and someone said lets do Less-Rabi. I was like, ok I need that one and I am finally finished.

So come boss time, we happened to have a shammy and another pally. I went DPS, bloodlust and Less Rabi 20 secs later and a brand new Red Proto Drake. WOOT!
Cronus

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:37 pm

Grats
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General