Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:02 pm

Wow a bragging topic! Then i want to make my first post as something that made me happy, since i successfully menaged to convince our warrior MT to let me tank Gruul and finally convinced him that we paladins can tank everything!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kivan » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:15 pm

Finally got the chance to take Prince this weekend. First two attempts I got whacked at the end of phase 2 due to healer movement and lack of HoTs. Third time I switched out block kit for dodge and the guy went down like he's supposed to. There was much cheering.
Kivan

Postby Dunkan » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:42 am

I miss our old thread :-(

But, progress!

Got my libram, which makes me uncrushable and my Vindicators Haulberk!

Good times.

dunk
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

Postby Ubung » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:02 am

Hey guys, now on my third Karazhan run as a guild tank.

Unfortunately our MT was unable to join us straight away because their puppy was sick (poor puppy :S)

Fortunately that meant I got to be main tank for a while and I took the opportunity to show my guild what I could do.

We got to Attument's area with a few deaths, due to the fact that a lot of the regular people were missing. We were down one mage and shammy and had replaced these with various Pallies (5 in all) so there were some unexperienced players. Unfortunately we had no-one who could off tank as the shammies alt was out back up tank.

Anyway the raid leaders first tactic was to us a ret pally as a tank. I havnt done enough raid tanking to pass criticism and tbh the raid leader was filling in for the main tank anyway. Nevertheless I couldnt help but wince slightly as the Pally went to tank midknight with his big two hander. Again this wasnt his fault as he doesnt know anything about tanking. He died pretty much immediately and I took over tanking both which I managed for a while but most people were dead by this point.

After seeing me tank both Midnight and Attumen with not much of a health loss (one pally was keeping me up) the raid leader said I should tank both at the same time while we burn Midnight then Attunmen.
I was completely crapping myself. I had no idea how hard these guys hit and I was only just uncrushable. Two epics so far, Tankatronic Goggles and the Violet signet at honoured.

Anyway to cut a long story short I picked up Midnight then Attumen and tanked them both so easily it was untrue. Nobody died, I never had to use LOH or bubble or anything.

Also last week we took down Moroes with me as off tank but like someone else who tanked this guy recently I ended up taking aggro off the main tank so many times. I ended up just stopping hitting him with anything but auto attack but he just wouldnt leave me alone.

We also tried Romulo & Julienne but couldnt get them both to die at the same time :S & Maiden who I changed into healing gear for and is pretty nasty although we only had one try.

By the way im now 1.6% off uncrushable which will be taken care off with the heroic libram this week :D
nerf scissors, buff paper, rock is fine!

Ubung

Postby Paksennarion » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:28 am

After a really rough early week, wiping repeatedly on Moroes on night one, we downed him on Night two the first shot. We then went and one-shotted Maiden and Opera (R&J), cleared to Curator, and got him down on the third attempt. Second time ever the guild has dropped him. :)

Night three, we went in, cleared to Chess, did that, then headed back down for an Illhoof attempt or two on a whim, as the trash was spawning in behind us and we were all pretty tired. Second attempt we got him down to 48%.

Normally, I wouldn't crow about this, but that was Thursday night. I've had company over during the weekend and only played a couple of alts. Last night I logged into my Paladin and discovered that that 48% attempt was done with me in my block set that I use for non-heroics and farming the BT Terrace. I was 5.20% crushable, and we still managed to get him down to 48%. :D :oops:
Paksennarion

Postby Kayoto » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:51 am

Finally was able to pick up my Darkmoon Card: Vengeance trinket, should be sitting near 12k unbuffed HP now while still being uncrushable. :D

Took the damn Faire long enough to set up, though. :x
Kayoto

Postby Lore » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:01 pm

We got Archimonde and Gurtogg Bloodboil down tonight, though I missed both kills because holidays are stupid =(
Lore
Global Mod

Postby enbee » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:55 pm

Kael down, got t5 chest + 4 setbonus \o/, did a last last try (last try was at midnight) and killed him 40 mins past normal raid ending so we couldn't go hyjal with the full raid, we went with about 12 people tho and got to wave 6 with me aoe tanking everything, this is looking to become a nice playground for me :>
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Tranzity » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:13 am

Finally hit a solid 13k unbuffed, without a engineering trinket. Won T4 shoulders, big thanks to my personal pocket holypaladin for passing it.

Preparing to dual add tanking at Mag, and hopefully my RL let me OT Gruul. Gearwise I really want the chestpiece of Nightbane, although the maiden neck and gauntless will be a nice too :P
Tranzity

Postby Belldandi » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:33 am

13k health buffed. Not a big thing but comment form the MS warrior in my group was priceless

"Pally can get HP up that high?" lololol good times.
Belldandi

Postby Zink » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:38 am

Tanked nightbane last night :)

Big thanks to whoever I read on this forum bout the BOP/trinket/bubble cycling.
We get into kara, my guild leader sees our warr tank (who usually stays DPS so I can tank), and asks him where his tank gear is. Warr says "zink's tanking this, he keeps telling me he can beat the fears". Guild lead's only response "how the f*ck he gonna do that?!"
I LOL'd and we proceed to 2 shot him with none of the raid having ever fought him before.

On a side note, I get to tank prince every week for the last month until forever...any of you who think you want to tank him, trust me you really really dont...he is the biggest pain in the ass/hits like 4 mac trucks tied to a train/keep your twitchy finger over every trinket,pot you got fight ive ever seen....course your experience may differ, my lead doesnt let me have more than 2 healers no matter how much i beg :P
Zink

Postby Ryoku » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:40 am

Got 13k+ unbuffed finally and NB chest dropped.

Now only to find a guild that don´t only run kara :(
Ryoku

Postby adese » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:51 am

My guild killed Gruul for the first time last night.

When we were trying him on Sunday, I was MT for a bit, then we switched off trying with a druid MT. The best we could get him was at 7%.

Last night, we switched it up and had a warrior MT, and I was OT. Another prot pally was 2nd OT (goal being to be behind me in threat, so if the warrior or I go down, he could fill in the OT spot). (And yes, I know that pallies aren't really best in the OT spot, but it was all we had, so we made do.)

On our last attempt of the night (it was getting late, repops nearly back), the MT goes down at about 35%. I switch to MT, and the other prot pally is now the OT.

At about 20%, the OT goes down. I am sure that it will be a wipe at this point.

Somehow, and I have no idea how, the healers kept me up long enough for the dps to kill Gruul. :D I'm not sure what growth he was at - I would guess 13 or so, but I was so busy spamming buttons that I didn't notice.

No tanking loot dropped (not too thrilled with T4 legs anyway, just going to use them for a threat set when I get them), but it still is great to finally take this guy down. :D
adese

Postby Warrender » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:34 am

Finally got around to doing some Heroics to craft my Boots of the Protector. With the new spelldamage loot I've gotten recently, I feel I could switch back to Crystalforged Sword instead of LC Gavel. I found I'm more comfortable with a faster tanking weapon. Now if only Fang would drop for me. Doing Arenas but Merciless is still quite a few weeks away.

Turned in my Lunacy deck to the DMF and got my Madness card to pair with my Vengeance.

Belt of the Guardian plans dropped a second time for our guild and I was able to score learning those.

Guild killed A'lar for the first time last night after just a few nights of learning. That's a really fun fight for a Pally tank on the adds.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Afraithe » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:08 am

Well, a lot has happened last week, dropped skinning and leveled BS from 0 to 375 in less than a week, cost me a fortune, but now I have Boots of the Protector and will probably be crafting Red Havoc Boots as well, build bank has a set of the plans.

MT on Gruul for the first time (we 1-shot him), grabbed the T4 leggings for threat set, just missing 1 part for 4 part T4 set bonus now, but I have T5 shoulders and Engineering helm so I'm not sure what to replace for the set bonus, need to reevaluate my gems/gear setups now.
Afraithe

PreviousNext

Return to General