Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Post Your Successes!

Postby Lore » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:22 pm

This is the spiritual successor to the original Weekend Successes thread (located here for posterity). As more and more new Tankadins pop up and join these forums, we're seeing more and more successes on all levels, and it's getting hard for new members to know exactly where they should boast about their many accomplishments! So, if you've got something to brag about, here's the place to do it!

9/6/2007: changed the title cuz people keep thinking I made a sticky to post how awesome I am
Last edited by Lore on Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby quoll » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:36 pm

I could start this with the most cliche responce but I wont.

Anyho! Tankatronic googles after days of farming have been created! Now I just need a meta and head enchant and Im a happy tank!
quoll

Postby Fenzien » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:38 pm

My guild has been running karazhan for around 3-4 months now, with people slowly starting to "see the light" as far as paladin tankage goes (I was holy spec pre BC, as many of us were). And last reset, with only one priest available for our second kara group, and after having some unsuccessful attempts on moroes (usually a one shot with the right group), it was decided that I could try aoe tanking moroes and all his adds... we've always gone with the "cc 2-3 adds" approach in the past. One of the healers later commented that it was the smoothest moroes kill that he'd seen. :o

To date I've tanked every boss in karazhan with the exception of nightbane. We've had limited success in 25 mans so far, but I have been given the task of helping tank the summoner on our various high king kills.
Fenzien

Postby SmurfZG » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:44 pm

hey! I was gonna make a thread for this /brag, but then I found this new sticky! :)

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9777/wowscrnshot082107223858zh2.jpg

Nightbane down! No fearward, no tremors :) you can verify the classes in the picture. Also, this was done by an average kara/blue geared group.

Used the crappy version of the pvp trinket, divine shield and bop. I only got feared once, but noone died.

It was a lot less luck dependent than I though it would be, figured we'd have to have loads of luck to not get too many fears, but we didn't really wipe much to fear related issues at all. If I had the trinket with shorted CD, this would be cake.
SmurfZG

Postby Mortehl » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:00 pm

The other night, I tanked Leo and we downed him on the first try with me handling human side. I find this to be such a huge victory because, everyone in the guild was pissing and moaning about hard it was going to be. I kept on telling them, you have a prot pally, does the word cake mean anything?

I also found it very funny that all the prot warriors got owned by their inner demons, and the one moment I got one due to a strange los issue, I killed mine in about 8 seconds :P
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Lightbeard » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:17 pm

First Page woot

I didnt get to tank Kara today cause we didnt have enough healers and Karazhan crashed
Lightbeard

Postby Hon » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:56 pm

I beat a rogue in a duel today, only took me 2 foods and 4 waters and 10min's >.>
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.

Hon

Postby Anduril » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:13 pm

Had my first shot at tanking for my guild tonight...

Tanked all the phoenix trash, which made them very happy... then they were even happier when we 1-shotted Loot Reaver with me holding threat on him 70% of the time :)
Anduril

Postby elson » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:54 pm

Well after switching servers and becoming my new guilds 2nd kara run MT I have in the last week Mt'd all of kara and my guilds first Gruul kill. In my previous guild I wasn't given the chance to MT anything except curator and nightbane once so it feels kinda nice.

Also I am getting comments during heroic runs like "I don't think I like warrior tanks anymore". I really had to pull tooth and nail in the last guild to get any type of respect or a chance to do anything, and in this guild people have really been supportive. It's amazing what you can do when people try and build you up instead of spending most of their time trying to prove you're not worth a raid slot.

Moroes finally dropped his belt tonight, and I broke 14k health unbuffed with 269 spell dmg. Still need buffs to be uncrushable but not by much. Once I get 2 more drops from kara its looking like I will be at 14.3k or so which is more then enough to tackle the upcoming content my guild will be facing. It's starting to be fun to do the tankadin thing for me again :)
Zeal without wisdom is folly

My armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ll&n=Elson
elson

Postby Cakes » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:18 am

elson wrote:Well after switching servers and becoming my new guilds 2nd kara run MT I have in the last week Mt'd all of kara and my guilds first Gruul kill. In my previous guild I wasn't given the chance to MT anything except curator and nightbane once so it feels kinda nice.

Also I am getting comments during heroic runs like "I don't think I like warrior tanks anymore". I really had to pull tooth and nail in the last guild to get any type of respect or a chance to do anything, and in this guild people have really been supportive. It's amazing what you can do when people try and build you up instead of spending most of their time trying to prove you're not worth a raid slot.

Moroes finally dropped his belt tonight, and I broke 14k health unbuffed with 269 spell dmg. Still need buffs to be uncrushable but not by much. Once I get 2 more drops from kara its looking like I will be at 14.3k or so which is more then enough to tackle the upcoming content my guild will be facing. It's starting to be fun to do the tankadin thing for me again :)

No longer with Virtue? Ah, I lost a pally friend. Best of luck to you man. May the tank loot overfloweth.
Cakes

Postby Bemm » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:56 am

Well, a couple weeks ago, after hounding our gm for a while from my usual position up the back healing, he allowed me to MT Curator, after a few wipes he was clearly unimpressed with pally tanks across the board and that was my last opportunity for a while...

due to tanks dropping out like flies we had to bring up a few new ones and last weekend I got an opportunity to do some off tanking. When our MT got taken out within the first 5 seconds of the Twin Arcane golems before Curator i tanked them both on my own and got them down, thus was awarded the position of MT for curator who went down in 1 shot, excorsising my daemons and restoring faith in pally tanks for my guild!

Since then i've been given a spot as a raid leader for our guild and even done some guild firsts!

Still needing to upgrade certain items of gear but looking forward to succesfully tanking Prince soon! (so far we only down him with a druid tank)

-Bemm
Bemm

Postby jaguor » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:44 am

with paladin tanks still up there in terms of whether we make good tanks or not, i was asked to go protection by my guild. In doing so, I had joined the 3 other tankadins that were already taken. Though at first i didn't know what I was doing, some useful tips from druids and warriors gave me ideas as to what needed to be done. After some tweaking of my own, i set out to show what paladin tanks could do. To say the least, the success was overwhelming. I had guild members asking for me personally to tank when in the beginning they didn't want me around unless I was a healer. Even when I switched to ret for a bit of fun (I switched back of course) i was getting bombarded by tells to go back to prot. a great feeling i must say.

Also, we had 4 kara groups raiding weekly. one group had 2 warriors since we only had 3 capable tankadins that we knew of. One week, a warrior was unable to make the instance and thus they asked if I could take the place.

I am proud to say that I did my brother and sister paladins proud. Not only did we finish the night without a single wipe, we also cleared more of the instance than any other group at that time. We made it to curator in 2 and a half hours and one shotted him down.

So my brethren, i must say, keep the fight going, for as we are Paladins, the Light of Paladin Tankadins Shall Never Fade!
jaguor

Postby Arcand » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:12 am

Spent an unspecified amount of gold to get the plans for Boots of the Protector - my first spell damage increase in about four months.

Bought the plans from the most-progressed guild on the server - yay for guilds that don't let their paladins do anything but heal...? :?
Arcand

Postby Nimanth » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:04 am

Last night was a personal Triumph for me. My guild has been clearing Kara for some time now, which I have always been a part of, only as a healer. On a whim I respecced Prot (After months of gathering gear as I could) to help a few guild mates do AoE Shattered Halls runs. My GM knew that I have wanted to be Protection for some time told me to stop respeccing, and enjoy my spec!

So with his approval, last night I was able to MT almost all of Kara up to Curator (I ended up healing for Maiden and Curator for the fact that our healers was one Priest and a Druid, and the normal MT was in there), and I will tell you everyone was happy with the performance. I think we used a total of 3 Shackles all night (The Skeletons that Ice Tomb you) and it was fantastic. I MT Attumen and the Horse, we did AoE pulls all night, I Tank Romulo, and multiple adds at once. Last night was such a joy for me. It has been a long time since I have had that much fun.

To my brothers and sisters at arms, Keep fighting the good fight, and inspiring all of the community.

Nimanth
<Exhumed>
Argent Dawn
ImageNimanth ~ Argent Dawn
Nimanth

Postby Mortehl » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:11 am

Nimanth, good for you man :-)

I wonder how many of us honestly thought tanking was where we'd wind up, but screw it, now that we're here lets have fun at it!
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Next

Return to General