Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby inthedrops » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:08 am

Some recent successes.

1. Got my Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker, kind of fun to play with in heroics.
2. Got heroic Tiny Abomination in a Jar
3. Managed to fit the trinket into my DPS tank set, and bumped my health up about 3k too which helps (from 32k to 35k).
4. Pulled 6132.4 dps on Flamewatcher in VoA 10.

Frustrations...
1. Totally didn't think to combat log the VoA kill. It would have easily been #1 parse :(
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby smiter » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:14 am

After months of stagnation on festergut/rotface and only a few totally epic fail attempts on Putricide with old guild; New guild that we formed with the best raiders from old guild gets to Sindragosa in our first week of raiding together. Hmmm big progression, not really feeling so bad about being one of the votes that split up the old guild now.

Dreamwalker 3 wipes win on 4th try
Blood Council 3 attempts again 4th try win
Blood Queen 3 attempts 4th win

[all with a very bad PUG priest healer who was barely throwing heals, and had never even really been in ICC]

Can't wait to try Sindragosa on Sunday, Tankspot video makes it seem pretty straight forward and we have a very raid aware/good group here. We are also going to extend raid lockout so we can get a lot of practice on Sindra and LK.

Best part of it is old guild finally got PP down I guess just as we were taking down Blood Queen.
smiter

Postby Amshel » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:51 am

Picked up Deathbringer's Will on my rogue in a pug that got 9/12 in 3 hours. That is more progress than most of the horde guilds left on the server.

People tried to offer sex and gold for it, but pfff I'm rich and who needs sex when you can turn into a taunka!
Amshel

Postby crazyharry » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:28 am

Amshel wrote:Picked up Deathbringer's Will on my rogue in a pug that got 9/12 in 3 hours. That is more progress than most of the horde guilds left on the server.

People tried to offer sex and gold for it, but pfff I'm rich and who needs sex when you can turn into a taunka!

Mail me DBW and you can have sex with my gold!
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a cupcake -- forever.
http://kefkafloyd.deviantart.com/art/Pi ... -201465409
crazyharry

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:52 pm

Ironman, at last!
KysenMurrin

Postby Levantine » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:34 pm

Solo'd Dar'Khan at level. I'm not sure whether it's a good thing that I got the biggest rush from that that I've felt in a while from this game. <3 Rogue
Levantine

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:41 pm

Levantine wrote:Solo'd Dar'Khan at level. I'm not sure whether it's a good thing that I got the biggest rush from that that I've felt in a while from this game. <3 Rogue

That's quite a feat for a rogue. Did it at level on my shaman and it was pretty difficult.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:07 pm

Let's just say it was a crash course in energy management and interrupting.
Levantine

Postby Vorianloken » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:20 am

The weekly ICC25 pug I run on my druid got down Valithria yesterday after about 2 failed attempts. That run is now 7/12 and chugging along pretty good. About 15 people were people who have come to the run before so that helped as well. Felt pretty good :)

But I totally felt useless as a healer on the fight. The 2 pallies and the shaman we had in the portals were just in pro mode and the other shaman and druid outside were totally on top of their game. Adds were kind of dying fast too so it was like hmm... feels odd to be not as needed. All I did was brez people, call out adds and do meagre healing on the dragon (Hint: I am about an average druid healer at best). But I did get the dps ring off her since I am MS dps and went healers because I screwed up invites >.<

In the paladin's static ICC-25 I got to dps for DBS/Fester/Rot and was just blowing up the meters. ~9800 on DBS, ~9500 on fester (had to run out for spores grrrr) and almost 10k on rotface because I didn't get the infection and actually managed to speed pot twice hehe. Then I picked up Last Word since I am one of the back up tanks in the run and regularly am the 3rd tank for marrowgar/LDW/princes. Even tanked on Valithria which was easier than I thought it would be. No tier tokens dropped though so I finally caved in and got my helm/shoulders for ret so I have the 4pc now. Ah well. Wanted to have at least one sanctified piece.
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby Vorianloken » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:32 am

Oh and my rogue is now 80 :) Fan of Knives rocks on trash, especially when I pop Adrenaline Rush.
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby Santcuff » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:31 pm

Ran my first heroic in Ret set, Broke 3k dps in an assortment of rep gear, crafted items, and the DBS 10 axe :D
daemonym wrote:Crazy? I was crazy once...
Santcuff

Postby Vorianloken » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:04 am

Had some friends run my scrubby rogue in BoA gear through ToC10. Was a lot of fun haha. Picked up the boots off beasts, ring of jaraxxus, trinket off champs, gun off twins, and the axe and sword off anub. Really really great night haha. Not so scrubby anymore.

Vorianloken

Postby Boyfriend » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:59 am

Finished Wotlk last week, Mount achievement this week and Frapsed the LK king so a guildy could finish her project of frapsing all our ICC first kills even though she quit her pally.
Everything just before a big part of the guild went on summer vacation.

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMcKfOqL6ps
Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBkQqL34oDs

Now is slack time for gearing up my priest!
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby ceela » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:11 am

After getting pissed at a few people in the guild doubting whether I could tank LK10 we took him as far as 28%, which is the furthest this group's ever got him. We even swapped to me tanking him through P2/3 after the frost DK exploded to soul reapers.

Valkyr sorted, defiles almost done (calling the 5 sec warning and getting melee to back out early fixed a lot), we just need to survive vile spirits and we'd have it. More tries tonight or tomorrow, I hope. So I need to run a really quick heroic before raid tonight so I can buy badge gloves :D
Ceela <XW> Neptulon-EU
Ceela | Emeta
ceela
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:42 am

ceela wrote:After getting pissed at a few people in the guild doubting whether I could tank LK10 we took him as far as 28%, which is the furthest this group's ever got him. We even swapped to me tanking him through P2/3 after the frost DK exploded to soul reapers.

Valkyr sorted, defiles almost done (calling the 5 sec warning and getting melee to back out early fixed a lot), we just need to survive vile spirits and we'd have it. More tries tonight or tomorrow, I hope. So I need to run a really quick heroic before raid tonight so I can buy badge gloves :D

o.0 didn't think you could tank LK? uh... right, you are pretty well geared for 10 man

Personal success: My ally paladin is 22, and just finished up the bloodmyst isle. Heirlooms rock face.

Personal Frustration: My ally paladin died :( I was tanking a VC run, and this stupid huntard kept his pet on agressive with growl turned on the whole time, and then shot captain greenskin while we were half way up the side. The other paladin tried REALLY hard to keep me up through it, but alas It was her first death.

Now the question becomes, Where do I quest? I have done duskwood before on my ally warrior, but I wasn't sure if there was some place better (even though With a mount it would be lulz this time) Mainly I'm just looking for a place full of ore as the ore is more important to me than questing, as I will probably be leveling through the RDF most of the time.
Shoju

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:34 am

Have you done Redridge yet Shoju?
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:03 am

Nope. I just finished up the Draenei Isle chain that gets me the sweet tabard, and ran to SW to start setting up a guild. (sorry AA guys. I tried hard to be on that server, but I fail at playing on multiple servers).

Once I set up the guild, I'm off to quest. Isn't Redridge a 15-20 zone?
Shoju

Postby smiter » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:39 am

First 25man on my hunter alt...

Got Wodin's Lucky Necklace off trash
Leggings of Northern Lights (which seem only a tiny bit better than my sanctified 264 pants)

and a mark of sanctification off Saurfang made out pretty well.

Then in 10man first night of attempts on Sindragosa, Have Phase one down pat. However our healer shammy (who is generally VERY RAID AWARE) was having a hell of a time running away once she pulls everyone in...he pretty much died every time or was dropped to like 5% health. He says he was lagging really bad and had very low Frames per second and seemed to be running in slow motion and that he swore he was turned and running as soon as he possibly could be. He actually put on some run-speed enhanced boots to help but that didn't seem to work. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to what it could be? No one else seemed to have any trouble.

Oh and phase 2 people just run around like chickens with their head's cut off. Not sure why they act differently in phase 2 than phase 1...they seem to not get that if you are too close to the marked guy you get frozen. I think everyone got frozen at least 2 or 3 times in phase 2 which really sucked when i was the only one not in an ice block tanking her when we only had like another 20% of her health to go...UGH But I think it was just really late, people were tired as we had been running for about 7 hours at that point after the 25 man run
smiter

Postby Shoju » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:49 am

smiter wrote:First 25man on my hunter alt...

Leggings of Northern Lights (which seem only a tiny bit better than my sanctified 264 pants)

Then in 10man first night of attempts on Sindragosa, Have Phase one down pat. However our healer shammy (who is generally VERY RAID AWARE) was having a hell of a time running away once she pulls everyone in...he pretty much died every time or was dropped to like 5% health. He says he was lagging really bad and had very low Frames per second and seemed to be running in slow motion and that he swore he was turned and running as soon as he possibly could be. He actually put on some run-speed enhanced boots to help but that didn't seem to work. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to what it could be? No one else seemed to have any trouble.

Oh and phase 2 people just run around like chickens with their head's cut off. Not sure why they act differently in phase 2 than phase 1...they seem to not get that if you are too close to the marked guy you get frozen. I think everyone got frozen at least 2 or 3 times in phase 2 which really sucked when i was the only one not in an ice block tanking her when we only had like another 20% of her health to go...UGH But I think it was just really late, people were tired as we had been running for about 7 hours at that point after the 25 man run

her magic pull is brutal on a lot of systems. He is not the only one that I notice having problems with it. We have lost several nights to raiding due to this mechanic and the lag it creates.

It can DIAF as far as I'm concerned.
Shoju

Postby Teranoid » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:51 am

smiter wrote:Then in 10man first night of attempts on Sindragosa, Have Phase one down pat. However our healer shammy (who is generally VERY RAID AWARE) was having a hell of a time running away once she pulls everyone in...he pretty much died every time or was dropped to like 5% health. He says he was lagging really bad and had very low Frames per second and seemed to be running in slow motion and that he swore he was turned and running as soon as he possibly could be. He actually put on some run-speed enhanced boots to help but that didn't seem to work. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to what it could be? No one else seemed to have any trouble.

Is he standing a considerable amount of distance away from her? Its actually better to all colllapse in near the melee a second or two before the pull because the cast time counts travel time thus the farther out you are the less chance you have of making it out in time.
Teranoid

Postby smiter » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:55 am

Hmmm good to know, I will let him know its not just him. He even tried reducing all his settings and everything. The interesting thing is that his gf is the rouge in our raid and they play on the same network since they live together. He says he just got a new computer his latency was only at 96ms and says he is directly plugged in. His gf does not seem to have the same lag issues. Could this just be too much data for their network to handle at once and for whatever reason the internet connection only slows for his computer?
smiter

Postby crazyharry » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:55 am

Wierd, same thing happens to me when im healing this on my shammy, get sucked in, FPS drops to about 3 and feels like im running through toffee trying to escape. I turned everything to minimum but it made no difference. It's only an issue on my shammy tho.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a cupcake -- forever.
http://kefkafloyd.deviantart.com/art/Pi ... -201465409
crazyharry

Postby smiter » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:00 am

Teranoid wrote:Is he standing a considerable amount of distance away from her? Its actually better to all colllapse in near the melee a second or two before the pull because the cast time counts travel time thus the farther out you are the less chance you have of making it out in time.

The first few attempts yes he was standing at a good distance but after that he realized that he should collapse in and was standing at close range...still was having an issue. He said it was like he was walking out of it while everyone else was sprinting past him. I Have run with him for a very long time and I know he is not just using the "lag" excuse, he is a very very good player. He was getting very upset because it really seemed like that was the only thing stopping us from downing her because I don't think there was a single phase 2 he made it too...even after using his recarn and a druids brez.
smiter

Postby Shathus » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:17 am

Dunno if this would work, have him spec into instant ghost wolf cast and use that to run out. I know you can mount and (druid) travel form there, so I would imagine ghost wolf works too. This helped out a druid in my group the other week. Just told him to keybind something to travel form and gtfo and he never got hit after that. If he can't make it out with 40% speed boost, I don't know what else to say.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby smiter » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:25 am

Good idea, I will mention that to him as a possible way to do it.

I was actally kinda doing a joint keyboard turn mouse run click thing at the same time seemed to work pretty well but then again melee can probably keyboard turn and run anyways since they don't lose time like ranged do.
smiter

PreviousNext

Return to General