Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Shoju » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:42 am

ceela wrote:After getting pissed at a few people in the guild doubting whether I could tank LK10 we took him as far as 28%, which is the furthest this group's ever got him. We even swapped to me tanking him through P2/3 after the frost DK exploded to soul reapers.

Valkyr sorted, defiles almost done (calling the 5 sec warning and getting melee to back out early fixed a lot), we just need to survive vile spirits and we'd have it. More tries tonight or tomorrow, I hope. So I need to run a really quick heroic before raid tonight so I can buy badge gloves :D

o.0 didn't think you could tank LK? uh... right, you are pretty well geared for 10 man

Personal success: My ally paladin is 22, and just finished up the bloodmyst isle. Heirlooms rock face.

Personal Frustration: My ally paladin died :( I was tanking a VC run, and this stupid huntard kept his pet on agressive with growl turned on the whole time, and then shot captain greenskin while we were half way up the side. The other paladin tried REALLY hard to keep me up through it, but alas It was her first death.

Now the question becomes, Where do I quest? I have done duskwood before on my ally warrior, but I wasn't sure if there was some place better (even though With a mount it would be lulz this time) Mainly I'm just looking for a place full of ore as the ore is more important to me than questing, as I will probably be leveling through the RDF most of the time.
Shoju

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:34 am

Have you done Redridge yet Shoju?
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:03 am

Nope. I just finished up the Draenei Isle chain that gets me the sweet tabard, and ran to SW to start setting up a guild. (sorry AA guys. I tried hard to be on that server, but I fail at playing on multiple servers).

Once I set up the guild, I'm off to quest. Isn't Redridge a 15-20 zone?
Shoju

Postby smiter » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:39 am

First 25man on my hunter alt...

Got Wodin's Lucky Necklace off trash
Leggings of Northern Lights (which seem only a tiny bit better than my sanctified 264 pants)

and a mark of sanctification off Saurfang made out pretty well.

Then in 10man first night of attempts on Sindragosa, Have Phase one down pat. However our healer shammy (who is generally VERY RAID AWARE) was having a hell of a time running away once she pulls everyone in...he pretty much died every time or was dropped to like 5% health. He says he was lagging really bad and had very low Frames per second and seemed to be running in slow motion and that he swore he was turned and running as soon as he possibly could be. He actually put on some run-speed enhanced boots to help but that didn't seem to work. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to what it could be? No one else seemed to have any trouble.

Oh and phase 2 people just run around like chickens with their head's cut off. Not sure why they act differently in phase 2 than phase 1...they seem to not get that if you are too close to the marked guy you get frozen. I think everyone got frozen at least 2 or 3 times in phase 2 which really sucked when i was the only one not in an ice block tanking her when we only had like another 20% of her health to go...UGH But I think it was just really late, people were tired as we had been running for about 7 hours at that point after the 25 man run
smiter

Postby Shoju » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:49 am

smiter wrote:First 25man on my hunter alt...

Leggings of Northern Lights (which seem only a tiny bit better than my sanctified 264 pants)

Then in 10man first night of attempts on Sindragosa, Have Phase one down pat. However our healer shammy (who is generally VERY RAID AWARE) was having a hell of a time running away once she pulls everyone in...he pretty much died every time or was dropped to like 5% health. He says he was lagging really bad and had very low Frames per second and seemed to be running in slow motion and that he swore he was turned and running as soon as he possibly could be. He actually put on some run-speed enhanced boots to help but that didn't seem to work. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to what it could be? No one else seemed to have any trouble.

Oh and phase 2 people just run around like chickens with their head's cut off. Not sure why they act differently in phase 2 than phase 1...they seem to not get that if you are too close to the marked guy you get frozen. I think everyone got frozen at least 2 or 3 times in phase 2 which really sucked when i was the only one not in an ice block tanking her when we only had like another 20% of her health to go...UGH But I think it was just really late, people were tired as we had been running for about 7 hours at that point after the 25 man run

her magic pull is brutal on a lot of systems. He is not the only one that I notice having problems with it. We have lost several nights to raiding due to this mechanic and the lag it creates.

It can DIAF as far as I'm concerned.
Shoju

Postby Teranoid » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:51 am

smiter wrote:Then in 10man first night of attempts on Sindragosa, Have Phase one down pat. However our healer shammy (who is generally VERY RAID AWARE) was having a hell of a time running away once she pulls everyone in...he pretty much died every time or was dropped to like 5% health. He says he was lagging really bad and had very low Frames per second and seemed to be running in slow motion and that he swore he was turned and running as soon as he possibly could be. He actually put on some run-speed enhanced boots to help but that didn't seem to work. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to what it could be? No one else seemed to have any trouble.

Is he standing a considerable amount of distance away from her? Its actually better to all colllapse in near the melee a second or two before the pull because the cast time counts travel time thus the farther out you are the less chance you have of making it out in time.
Teranoid

Postby smiter » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:55 am

Hmmm good to know, I will let him know its not just him. He even tried reducing all his settings and everything. The interesting thing is that his gf is the rouge in our raid and they play on the same network since they live together. He says he just got a new computer his latency was only at 96ms and says he is directly plugged in. His gf does not seem to have the same lag issues. Could this just be too much data for their network to handle at once and for whatever reason the internet connection only slows for his computer?
smiter

Postby crazyharry » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:55 am

Wierd, same thing happens to me when im healing this on my shammy, get sucked in, FPS drops to about 3 and feels like im running through toffee trying to escape. I turned everything to minimum but it made no difference. It's only an issue on my shammy tho.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a cupcake -- forever.
http://kefkafloyd.deviantart.com/art/Pi ... -201465409
crazyharry

Postby smiter » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:00 am

Teranoid wrote:Is he standing a considerable amount of distance away from her? Its actually better to all colllapse in near the melee a second or two before the pull because the cast time counts travel time thus the farther out you are the less chance you have of making it out in time.

The first few attempts yes he was standing at a good distance but after that he realized that he should collapse in and was standing at close range...still was having an issue. He said it was like he was walking out of it while everyone else was sprinting past him. I Have run with him for a very long time and I know he is not just using the "lag" excuse, he is a very very good player. He was getting very upset because it really seemed like that was the only thing stopping us from downing her because I don't think there was a single phase 2 he made it too...even after using his recarn and a druids brez.
smiter

Postby Shathus » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:17 am

Dunno if this would work, have him spec into instant ghost wolf cast and use that to run out. I know you can mount and (druid) travel form there, so I would imagine ghost wolf works too. This helped out a druid in my group the other week. Just told him to keybind something to travel form and gtfo and he never got hit after that. If he can't make it out with 40% speed boost, I don't know what else to say.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby smiter » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:25 am

Good idea, I will mention that to him as a possible way to do it.

I was actally kinda doing a joint keyboard turn mouse run click thing at the same time seemed to work pretty well but then again melee can probably keyboard turn and run anyways since they don't lose time like ranged do.
smiter

Postby Dion » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:00 am

smiter wrote:Then in 10man first night of attempts on Sindragosa, Have Phase one down pat. However our healer shammy (who is generally VERY RAID AWARE) was having a hell of a time running away once she pulls everyone in...he pretty much died every time or was dropped to like 5% health. He says he was lagging really bad and had very low Frames per second and seemed to be running in slow motion and that he swore he was turned and running as soon as he possibly could be. He actually put on some run-speed enhanced boots to help but that didn't seem to work. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to what it could be? No one else seemed to have any trouble.

Tell him to try turn "Particle Density" (or something like that) to lowest setting. (It's in Video settings and Effects) It can help for him. Turn it back afterwards. Can also help in Marrowgar I have heard.
Dion

Postby daemonym » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:56 am

Gold cap number six.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby hoho » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:14 am

Soloed heroic MGT on shadowpriest. Mind control is pure hack there :P
I died about 3x on third boss. Warrior+hunter+rogue+lock combination was huge pain back then just as much as it is today. My HP was going all over the place like a rollercoaster. Everything else was very easymode. First boss died during first crystal channeling, second one had a whole bunch of adds up but I had almost full HP left at the end, third one was a mess but spamming dots on everything while trying to nuke warrior down first I was able to survive it. Last boss went down before any adds or the "big bang". Nothing special dropped but I got my achi :P

Also out of boredom rolled yet another prot warrior. It's my third now, first one is on an account I don't use and second is on another server. It has every possible heirloom and will be showered with everything possible to make it as strong as possible. I already soloed RFC at L16 :)
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Fanazavana » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:51 pm

RNG loves my little warlock.

First time through Deadmines:

Cookie's Stirring Rod
Emberstone Staff

Second time through Deadmines:

Gold-Flecked Gloves
Enumerated Wrap (from the random dungeon reward sack.)

First time through SFK:

Robes of Arugal

First time through RFK:
Death Speaker Mantle
Enumerated Handwraps

I fear I am using all my good luck up early and by the time this toon hits 80 nothing will ever drop for me.
Fanazavana

PreviousNext

Return to General