Arthas is Darth Vader

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:16 pm

Welcome to Pareidolia.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Belarkan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:00 am

Ranwulf wrote:Kind of dude, but seriously A LOT in common in Lore, and maybe in Visual with Sauron, cause they are not going in anyway make their SUPREME villain use Lightsabers or Tech armor in a Medieval Fantasy Game O.o

mmm, wait, it's not like we'll see a spaceship crashing on azeroth any time soon, get flashy armors with glowing lights...
Belarkan

Postby Nemuria » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:28 am

He needs to have Luke and Leia to be Darth Vader. Jaina is just unable to have a relationship with anybody.
Nemuria

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:50 am

Belarkan wrote:
Ranwulf wrote:Kind of dude, but seriously A LOT in common in Lore, and maybe in Visual with Sauron, cause they are not going in anyway make their SUPREME villain use Lightsabers or Tech armor in a Medieval Fantasy Game O.o

mmm, wait, it's not like we'll see a spaceship crashing on azeroth any time soon, get flashy armors with glowing lights...
Heck, I have a lightsaber
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Ranwulf » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:56 pm

Sure, that's a lightsaber XD but dude, about Sauron, he was a good guy before turning evil, cause I never heard of that.And yeah, thinking very well, Illybeans Twinblades looks like somenthing get out of Medieval and Star wars weapons.

Brazilian Draenei Paladin Tanker

"Luz, dei-me Forças!"
Ranwulf

Postby Veilan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:19 pm

While I don't think the wheel needs to be reinvented on everything, and hence some staples are good, the Morannon scene not only ripped off Tolkien but also Jackson's visualisation. It was a bit much. I'm not advocating to drop orcs and dwarves, but I'd expect a bit more originality for the constant revenue stream I'm tossing down Blizz' throats.

Oh by the way, I find it extremely funny how people can say "I dunno, it's more like Tolkien than Star Wars..." when Lucas freely admitted that Star Wars was quite inspired by the Ring trilogy ;).
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Veilan

Postby Arnock » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:27 am

masterpoobaa wrote:The Lunch king lore may have been modeled straight from Star Wars, But his armour, sword and helm have been lifted directly from
Lord of the rings - Sauron.

wut

Don't really remember sauron's armor and/or weapons described in any of the books, and if you are going by the movies, I think he was weilding a mace.

on an unrelated note...

Little bit of a resemblance?
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Obrimos » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:47 am

Invisusira wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monomyth
http://orias.berkeley.edu/hero/

It's simply the hero's journey story archetype.

Oh em gee, you're awesome.

Whenever my friends talk about this kind of thing and I say Joseph Campbell their eyes glaze over >.>.
Obrimos

Postby Ranwulf » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:53 am

Well, that weapon looks much more like Teron Gorefiend weapon then Frostmourne... and Teron Gorefiend is way much cooler in armor then the LK. Seriuosly, TG have wings and a cool cape.

Brazilian Draenei Paladin Tanker

"Luz, dei-me Forças!"
Ranwulf

Postby Losbullitt » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:52 pm

Golbez.mp3 to anything LK related is gold. :shock:
Losbullitt

Postby Threatco » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:40 pm

Yes very similar indeed. Mabey not enough to warrent a lawsuit but enough to garner my interest. But I have to go to the Sauron camp on this one,

"2 sentient minds merge into a new even worse being" story.

Sauron was corrupted by the ring. Which has been described as having a sentient will of it's own. So he became Sauron 2.0

My Star Wars knowlege is a bit rusty but i don't think Anikan was possesed by any item or being. He just was corrupted by the temptation of the dark side.

The borito similaritys are obvious. The cow beef is the ring/helm and the rest of it is arthas.
Threatco

Postby Kasavier » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:48 pm

Threatco wrote:Sauron was corrupted by the ring. Which has been described as having a sentient will of it's own.

Sauron was well corrupted when he forged the ring, which acted with his will. He was, along with many other Maiar, corrupted by Melkor Morgoth when Morgoth ultimately turned against the Valar. Sauron was said to be his most powerful servant and the most evil after him.
Kasavier

Postby Threatco » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:08 pm

<-- just got schooled on his LOTR knowledge

I stand corrected. I only read hobbit and the 3 books which seem doesen't have even half the full lore story of middle earth. I tried reading summarian or w/e it is called but coulden't get into it.

Any other bad guys who were good guys corrupted by putting on some sentient peice of gear?

I swear I heard that story somewhere. Greek or something.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Kasavier » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:20 pm

Threatco wrote:I stand corrected. I only read hobbit and the 3 books which seem doesen't have even half the full lore story of middle earth. I tried reading summarian or w/e it is called but coulden't get into it.

The Silmarillion. I actually just finished re-reading it last week on an 11 hour plane trip, so all this is still fresh in my mind. It's actually a very good read, but it is rather difficult to get into.
Kasavier

Postby Arjuna » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:30 am

asylum?
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

PreviousNext

Return to General