I got crit.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

I got crit.

Postby Questioner » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:33 am

Sunday night we were doing a Kara fun run, and we were on the trash before Aran. I was tanking an Arcane Protector, and just before he died, he crit me for ~8300 (I think he had activated fist of stone because he normal hits went from 2100 to 4200). At the time, I had 501 defense. I thought I took a screenshot but I guess I had function lock on :(

The millionth percent?
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Lore » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:39 am

Probably =( It's a bit hard to explain what exactly leads to getting crit (or crushed) while supposedly immune. I wish Blizzard would just come out and explain exactly how the attack table works so we could at least verify the information we've got.

At least we know it all works to some extent, or else we'd be getting crit/crushed a lot more often.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Belarkan » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:32 am

You could have moved and not facing him ?
Belarkan

Postby Vanifae » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:37 am

In Defensive Mode they do insane damage.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Lore » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:41 am

Belarkan wrote:You could have moved and not facing him ?

Crit has nothing to do with facing, because it's not tied to block.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Arcand » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:45 am

According to WWS I got critted five times during a heroic Mech run last night, with my defense at exactly 485. (Nothing above 72 in there, so 485 should do it.)

No defense on my weapon, so getting disarmed wouldn't explain it...either it's the "no chance ever goes to zero" thing, or there's some kind of mob in there with a higher-than-base crit chance, or - just thought of this - the warrior or hunter got some crits on me while mind-controlled by Pathaleon.

That's probably what it was. Never mind. :roll:
Arcand

Postby Lore » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:51 am

I seem to recall the Arcane Patrollers in Heroic Mech having a higher than average crit chance. I've seen several "I got crit!" posts with them as the culprit.

You know, come to think of it, maybe the ones in Kara have the same thing.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:53 am

I know the Instructors in Shattered Halls have higher then normal crit chance, it would stand to reason other mobs do too.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Drfeelgood » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:54 pm

Lore wrote:

Technically speaking, if you have below 490 defense, shield block can push crit off the table in addition to crushes. I'm thinking that in this case you just hit your sit down key because that's what 99% of the "i got crit" posts are about. Also, if it was a spell, you definitely did not get crit because spells cannot crit in pve.
Drfeelgood

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:24 pm

Vanifae wrote:I know the Instructors in Shattered Halls have higher then normal crit chance, it would stand to reason other mobs do too.

You mean the 6 armed things in Shadow Labs? If so, I don't think they have a higher chance to crit, but they debuff you with something that makes you vulnerable. They've crit me before.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Saphier » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:28 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Vanifae wrote:I know the Instructors in Shattered Halls have higher then normal crit chance, it would stand to reason other mobs do too.

You mean the 6 armed things in Shadow Labs? If so, I don't think they have a higher chance to crit, but they debuff you with something that makes you vulnerable. They've crit me before.

I believe the conclusion was that they have higher than average weapon skill. 490 is the uncrittable value for 350 skill, as I understand it.

http://www.thottbot.com/s33493 is the effect of their debuff.
Last edited by Saphier on Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saphier

Postby Fynn » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:35 pm

Could the crit have been magical damage? I heard we can still get crit by magical damage unless you stack on resilience too.

Just my 2 cents
Fynn

Postby Maranus » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:00 pm

Fynn wrote:Could the crit have been magical damage? I heard we can still get crit by magical damage unless you stack on resilience too.

Just my 2 cents

Pretty sure mob spells can't crit.
You know you want it! Ooorah /dance
Maranus

Postby PsiVen » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:17 pm

I've never been crit in Mechanar... I think you guys need to rebind your /sit keys :)
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Belarkan » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:02 am

Lore wrote:

Well, not sure (I'm not really willing to test either).
I was assuming it's pretty hard to defend yourself when your opponent is in your back just in the same way as when you sit.
Belarkan

Return to General