Remove Advertisements

WOTLK Progress Thus Far

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Tiranknight » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:24 am

Lvl 74 right now, like someone else mentioned earlier I'm not really treating leveling like a race vs. other people but rather going at my own pace trying to enjoy the Northrend scenery and atmosphere.

So far only been in 3 Zones, did mostly all of Howling Fjord, and Borean Tundra, and got halfway through Dragonblight quest wise. Utgarde Keep did remind me of Ramps in a way, was not very difficult except the last boss can catch you by surprise if you don't run out of his cleave if you're healer is silenced... the Nexus was a very visually impressive instance the early parts reminded me of an "Icey" Botanica, while the later parts looked a bit like Mana Tombs. All in all I really thought the Nexus was a cool instance.

Going to try and get a group for Azjol'Nerub, and possibly Ahn'Kahet today.
Tiranknight

Postby darklac » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:25 am

bored 80 farming 10man naxx 10man onyx guardian and 25man onyx guardian waiting to start 25man naxx ;-( wtb something to do
darklac

Postby Morlin » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:07 pm

WATERBOYsh wrote:
Morlin wrote:And this is in Borean Tundra, where supposedly no one wants to be...

On my realm, Borean was way more crowded than the Fjord at release. In most places there were enough people that respawn rates were basically instant (another mob respawned the second it died) and you still couldnt get the mobs killed you needed because there would be 3 or 4 groups of 5 people standing there spamming aoe spells hoping to tag mobs first.

Right now I'm half-way between 74 and 75. I did the quests achievement in borean and then in the fjord, and only just started dragonblight last night. I've been leveling as ret, and I'm not sure if I'll go back prot at 75 or wait until about 78. Its just been WAY easier leveling as ret being able to down a mob in 3 - 4 seconds and never run out of mana/hp and just running from mob to mob. Just how big a difference does ShoR make anyway in killing a mob?

I am now over halfway to 73. I have finished up in Borean Tundra (skipping the instance and any related quests) and I've moved on to Howling Fjord. It doesn't seem quite as crowded as the Tundra was, surprisingly. Maybe a lot of people have already moved on to Dragonblight. In the tundra, I had to prep SoC and spam Judgement to make sure I could tag the mob before everyone ran up to steal it. For some quests, you have to basically sit in line to, for example, send up the flare for the "Setting the Trap" (I think that's what it's called) quest. You'd have to send up the flare as soon as the last person took off on the dragon, otherwise, someone else would.

I'm going to stay Ret all the way to 80, at which point I will switch back to Prot. I love how fast I am ripping through mobs now, even though I've lost the ability to AoE grind. Prot was so much fun leveling up before with that ability. But so far, there just haven't seemed like any decent areas to do it. I really just want to get to 80 as fast as I can, because I have yet to experience end-game content. I've wanted to raid for a long time, but never got the chance. In TBC, I got geared up for Kara too close to WotLK to be of any use. I'll enjoy the scenery more when I start leveling up my hunter. :wink:
Morlin

Postby Soraki » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:47 pm

80, doing heroics and finishing proffessions, probably do nax on friday...

Gundrak Snake boss sucks with no aoe on heroic
Soraki

Postby Dork » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:23 pm

Cleared all content except for 25man Malygos. I've only done the 10man Malygos.

Already 4pc t7 tehee. 3 of it is 10man and shoulders (omfg looks funny) is 25man
Dork

Postby Tiranknight » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:07 pm

Just hit 76, I'm not pressing between working. So far I've completed Utgarde Keep, the Nexus, Azjol'Nerub, Ahn'Kahet, and the Violet Hold instances. Want to try and run Drak'Tharon Keep soon but I want to pick up the quests for it. So far got a Ring from Azjol, and a new cape from Violet Hold... want to try and run Ahn'Kahet a few more times for the Chestplate though.

Should be steadily climbing toward 80 this week.
Tiranknight

Postby enbee » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:20 am

Cleared all 10man content apart from massive p3 failure on malygos, finally have 25 80's so starting that content today, yay.

I'm MT currently and I must say my gear has progressed faster then I thought it would. Perhaps it's a bit too easy compared to TBC, though I did have a full sw tanking set to start out in now, which with some regemming/enchanting turned crit immune quickly.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Legionp » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:40 pm

Starting my Naxx10 group monday, will be the MT
Legionp

Postby Lisson » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:35 pm

312 badges of heroism, all content cleared except malygos 10 and 25 man.
server first nax 25 man and server first obsidian sanctuary 25 man.
clearing malygos tonight (maybe)
Lisson

Postby Dianora » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:28 pm

Still haven't done much level 80 contents, cleared quit a bit of Naxx10, haven't been to Naxx25.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:16 pm

Last night I dinged 78, put on all the tank gear I had been saving up, and felt good about myself.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Morlin » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:28 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Last night I dinged 78, put on all the tank gear I had been saving up, and felt good about myself.

Win.
Morlin

Postby phaqueue » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:18 pm

Spent the last 2 days (my weekend) leveling - must say - the nice thing about working 3rd shift is that on your days off... you are still up all night - so I get to level when there are a lot less people on the server... kinda nice... expecially leveling mining at 2-7 am... got my mining to 450 (took a short break to level it the rest of the way after dinging 77 and getting my northrend flying...)

must say... leveling mining/JC was definitely a good call - perfect cuts are selling for upwards of 20-25g per on my server... some regular cuts are selling that well too...
not to mention I'm just selling raw blues right now... and monarch topaz is selling for around 100-120g...

granted, I'll need gems for my gear eventually - but for now - I'll take the money while I can... not to mention that frostweave is selling for around 25g per stack on this server...

I've made around 3k gold profit in the last like 3 days... that's after the money I spent on cold weather flying...

can't say I disagree there...
phaqueue

Postby sapientialb » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:09 am

I'm about 20% from hitting 80. Did Utegrade Pinnacle for the first time last night, probably the hardest thing I've seen so far.

I've been spending an hour or so mining every night to work on blacksmithing so haven't quite been as fast as I wanted to be.

Crystalized Fires are going to be the death of me I think. I found one spawn of revenants in Storm Peaks and then of course the ones in Wintersgrasp which are now overly camped.

This expansion tho has really made me consider the whole PVP server thing. I'm getting a bit tired of get ganked on nodes before I mine them or geting ganked after I finish mining because someone flew by and was pissed I got there first.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby Targonis » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:27 am

MT'd all of Naxx 10 except for Sapph and Kel'Thuzad... we ran out of time before the reset. Have also done 10 man onyx guardian.. waiting for more people to hit 80 to start 25's.

1/5 T7, mostly epic now.
Targonis

PreviousNext

Return to General