Remove Advertisements

WOTLK Progress Thus Far

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby xstrykr » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:19 am

Considering I started nearly two whole days after the majority of people for my leveling, I'm actually quite happy with the fact that I'm 73 after the weekend. Got ~25% or so left to go before I hit 74, and I've pretty much mapped out how it'll look for the rest of my week: 75 by Tuesday, 76 by Friday, 78 by the end of Sunday and then I start my vacation, so we'll see whether I can hit 80 by Tuesday of next week or not, before I actually leave for my trip on Wednesday.

I've only tanked UK and Nexus so far - while in Nexus I had a healer who was just so well geared w/ T6/SWP stuff that he challenged me to get him under 10k mana... needless to say I really couldn't... but that was a fun instance, chain-pulling left and right :D
xstrykr

Postby Knatniam » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:22 am

Hit 80 Yesterday, done all of the Lv80 5s, going to try some heroics today.
Knatniam - Dark - Proudmoore
Knatniam

Postby majorwoo » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:24 am

xstrykr wrote:Considering I started nearly two whole days after the majority of people for my leveling, I'm actually quite happy with the fact that I'm 73 after the weekend.

This. I got back from Brazil Friday, picked up a copy of wrath and installed it and hit 74 Sunday before calling it off. Going to hope for 75 Tuesday (holy shield slap ftw!), but I'm off to take my little girl to Disney Saturday so I don't plan to make it to 80 before that. The good news is when I get back everyone will be past the mast I need for trade skills so I should have an easier time leveling them :)
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Squishums » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:57 am

almost 73

maxed mining, 425 BSing

Done instances up to and including old kingdom.

Im a purest and a lore-junky, so I quest without an addon, and I try not to even look things up when Im stuck....I also read (or at least skim =P) every quest fully. Its slow going, but pretty fun.
Squishums

Postby Lucislasus » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:44 am

almost 75. I can't wait to test out the shield (skill).
Any experiences? Does it do a good amount of damage? Does it make leveling easier, and if so, by a great amount?

Tanked everything until Gundrak now. Way to easy.
Lucislasus

Postby Tribunus » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:27 am

I avoided playing on Thursday figuring server stability, lag, and crowds would make it unplayable, so I installed and moved my char to an inn then logged. I went out on Friday and only managed a late night drunken run through Nexus and UK. Even with all this, I played casually through the weekend to hit 75 by late Sunday night.

I will exhaust Jame's leveling guide by mid-week and will have to swap to questhelper.

Over all, it feels faster than TBC release, but that may be because my pallie is far better geared than my priest was at the time.
Tribunus

Postby Alceste » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:41 am

Still chugging along, but the real killer is the 2000+ queue at prime. Hate getting off of work just to wait an hour and a half to play. Bleah.
Alceste

Postby Nemuria » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:25 am

I am wandering around. There are some dumb quest & hidden NPC.Have been lost so many times that I discovered all the map. Planning to get the Explorer title and rename my toon Dora.
Nemuria

Postby Vrego » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:30 am

Was bored yesterday so i though, what the fuck lets do Old Stratholm. Think it toke us around 1.5h to do it, only wiped once on the last boss. It was so much more fun then raiding. Oh, btw we where all lvl 75 :p
Tanking bosses that are more then 7 lvls above you is quite a challenge and at the same time staying alive.
Vrego

Postby Stilgarr » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:33 am

Trying to hit 75 before going away for a couple of days. Must check the shield slap out.
Stilgarr

Postby FinalJudge » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:15 am

Lucislasus wrote:almost 75. I can't wait to test out the shield (skill).
Any experiences? Does it do a good amount of damage? Does it make leveling easier, and if so, by a great amount?

Tanked everything until Gundrak now. Way to easy.

I'm hitting for (on average) 1435 with a 2900 or higher crit. I have alittle under 700 block value, so .. not too shabby. It does make leveling alittle easier, as you have one more decent damage spell to throw, and at 132 mana per slap ( I have 5/5 benediction, mainly for leveling as my mana pool SUCKS ..), it's nice.
FinalJudge

Postby Lopimp » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:16 am

just hit 74 today am about 1 bar in hoping for 75 by the end of the day most of my guild got a nice 2-3 day head start on me over northrend but i think now there s only one that is above me :D only thing that is killing me is constantly losing defense was at about 505 this morning before ding then bang 490 (something) tanked the first three instances no probs as i been going through going for the next two today see how i do :D
Lopimp

Postby Levantine » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:26 am

Guild's about 3/4 of the way through Naxx 10. Meanwhile, I'm still stuck at level 70 without Wrath. D:
Levantine

Postby Morlin » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:18 am

I'm slowly chugging along at 71 1/4. I got the expansion at the midnight release, but didn't start playing until Saturday. By then, someone had already hit 80 on my realm. After basically questing all day Sunday, I had gained one whole level! I guess that's what I get for waiting to activate my game card...because now I feel like I'm waiting in line to kill mobs (both waiting to log in and then actually playing!). And this is in Borean Tundra, where supposedly no one wants to be...
Morlin

Postby Arees » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:00 am

Morlin wrote:And this is in Borean Tundra, where supposedly no one wants to be...

On my realm, Borean was way more crowded than the Fjord at release. In most places there were enough people that respawn rates were basically instant (another mob respawned the second it died) and you still couldnt get the mobs killed you needed because there would be 3 or 4 groups of 5 people standing there spamming aoe spells hoping to tag mobs first.

Right now I'm half-way between 74 and 75. I did the quests achievement in borean and then in the fjord, and only just started dragonblight last night. I've been leveling as ret, and I'm not sure if I'll go back prot at 75 or wait until about 78. Its just been WAY easier leveling as ret being able to down a mob in 3 - 4 seconds and never run out of mana/hp and just running from mob to mob. Just how big a difference does ShoR make anyway in killing a mob?
Arees

PreviousNext

Return to General