Remove Advertisements

Why are you viewing this topic?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:23 am

uke wrote:Picked up my pre-order at Gamespot last night at midnight (very smooth transaction, I was impressed). Installed game, installed 3.0.1, 3.0.2, and 3.0.3. By that time it was 1am and I had to work in the morning and crashed. Now I have to sit at work counting down the hours till I can get home and go at it.

Guildies already on said servers are nice and stable, and Northrend is awesome!

I’m on a PVP server. I’m not going to look for a gank as I’d rather be questing, but I swear if a hordie even THINKS about touching me, my OP PVP ret pally will smash them into oblivion until they cry.

Too bad you're not on my server. :(
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby sapientialb » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:28 am

I was originally going to just go to work today and let the other half run out to WallyWorld and grab the game for me and misc. other stuff but then I was sorta bored in game and said what the heck I missed the TBC launch and it'll prbly be another 1.8 years before another xpac so why not go.

We got to Walmart about 11:15 and the line already had started. It was really awesome to see folks of every age, shape, size and whatever else standing in line to get the game. By the time they started checking folks out the line had grown from 20 to about 100. They followed the time rule to the second so it was about 12:30 before I got home. They only had 6 collector's editions and they were long gone before I got up to the cashier.

The install went smoothly, I think the patching (glad I never delete them) took longer than the install from DVD. Turned in 15 dailys I had queued up and then got dragged to a quick UTK run before finally going to bed at 2:15am

Howling Ford is just beautiful and UTK was neat. I made a *really* bad turn coming out of UTK, ended up seeing lots of red named toons (OH HAI THERE ALLY) and then somehow ended up in Utegarde Catacombs with even more ally. I got ganked then took 10 minutes to figure out how to get back down there. Thank goodness for Bubble-Hearth!

The night would of been just perfect, other than about 15 minutes after I went to bed some idiot ploughed into a tree about 50 yards from my bedroom window so the cops and and rescue came so I think I finally went to sleep after 3am.

7:30am getting up for work came really freaking early

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:56 am

sapientialb wrote:We got to Walmart about 11:15 and the line already had started. It was really awesome to see folks of every age, shape, size and whatever else standing in line to get the game.

This isn't how I'd describe my experience. It was more of me asking myself, "I don't look like them, do I? I mean, ugh..."
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby sapientialb » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:59 am

I had a few minutes of "I really feel like a Nerd standing in this line" but then I decided that I really didn't care and started chatting away. The other half fled and went wandering around the store.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby VikrumthePally » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:31 am

moduspwnens wrote:
sapientialb wrote:We got to Walmart about 11:15 and the line already had started. It was really awesome to see folks of every age, shape, size and whatever else standing in line to get the game.

This isn't how I'd describe my experience. It was more of me asking myself, "I don't look like them, do I? I mean, ugh..."

Rofl. Awe I have felt that way before. Except mine was for gta 4. Only mid night opening i've ever done.
VikrumthePally

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:00 am

totally taking tomorrow off.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby anthony » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:56 pm

i dont have it and wont have it til maybe a week or two :( jigglypuff is sad.
Chat-killer at your service.
anthony

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:26 pm

My server just went from:
Never having a queue since I've ever been there.

-to-

Queue of 756. 45 minute wait.

I'm not pleased.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby uke » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:56 pm

moduspwnens wrote:
uke wrote:Picked up my pre-order at Gamespot last night at midnight (very smooth transaction, I was impressed). Installed game, installed 3.0.1, 3.0.2, and 3.0.3. By that time it was 1am and I had to work in the morning and crashed. Now I have to sit at work counting down the hours till I can get home and go at it.

I’m on a PVP server. I’m not going to look for a gank as I’d rather be questing, but I swear if a hordie even THINKS about touching me, my OP PVP ret pally will smash them into oblivion until they cry.

To continue off of this thought after a night in Northrend:

Anyone who gives the tired old "Horde are more mature players and aren't a bunch of immature scrubs" argument is undeniably 150% full of BS!

I should be used to it from doing dailies on QD - horde roving in packs not attacking anyone unless they have a 3 to 1 advantage. Probably doesn't help that the vast majority of them SUCK in any 1v1 setting.

Same old same old in Northrend. I'm trying to find mobs in the barbarian town, boomkin tries to attack me unprovoked, finds himself smashed. Minute later, no less than 4 horde are all over me.

Another guildie reports that entire questing areas are camped by 5+ packs of horde ganking anything in sight.

Not that I'm upset, it's a PVP server and I'm used to it. Probably also helps that I can smash just about anyone who doesn't 3v1 me. Just wanted to put the "horde are more mature" argument to rest based on empirical evidence, that's all :wink: .
Pally's been relegated to AH duties.

RAWR'ing it up as a bear now, with a side of boomkin.
uke

Postby Achtung » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:27 pm

Picked up my copy in my lunchbreak today and installed it.

But I've got another hour and half at work before I can play it =/
Yae, 80 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde - Retired Feb '09
Achtung

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:04 am

uke wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:

To continue off of this thought after a night in Northrend:

Anyone who gives the tired old "Horde are more mature players and aren't a bunch of immature scrubs" argument is undeniably 150% full of BS!

I should be used to it from doing dailies on QD - horde roving in packs not attacking anyone unless they have a 3 to 1 advantage. Probably doesn't help that the vast majority of them SUCK in any 1v1 setting.

Same old same old in Northrend. I'm trying to find mobs in the barbarian town, boomkin tries to attack me unprovoked, finds himself smashed. Minute later, no less than 4 horde are all over me.

Another guildie reports that entire questing areas are camped by 5+ packs of horde ganking anything in sight.

Not that I'm upset, it's a PVP server and I'm used to it. Probably also helps that I can smash just about anyone who doesn't 3v1 me. Just wanted to put the "horde are more mature" argument to rest based on empirical evidence, that's all :wink: .

I've never played Alliance, but those who reroll Horde tell me that they like it better because of the people.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Shamora » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:16 am

I've played both sides of the fence and there are just as many stupid people on each side.
Shamora

Postby Levantine » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:29 am

Shamora wrote:I've played both sides of the fence and there are just as many stupid people on each side.
Levantine

Postby Prope » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:22 am

Levantine wrote:
Shamora wrote:I've played both sides of the fence and there are just as many stupid people on each side.
Prope

Postby Celestira » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:01 am

30% through 72 and I taking a break before diving back in.
Celestira

Previous

Return to General